Get ready to be flooded with emotion as you read through The Notebook quotes on falling in love with that special person.
The ever popular movie, The Notebook, which was based off the book by Nicholas Sparks quickly became a fan favorite. Both book and movie provide the hopeless romantic with quotes that inspire them to find the love of their life and keep them longing for that special person.
From falling in love to losing that love and the struggle to reconnect, it’s a story that people everywhere can identify with.
While the story is a rollercoaster of emotion, it’s a ride that people can’t get enough of.
Also check out our collection of beautiful engagement quotes for the love of your life.
The Notebook quotes on making it work
1. “I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”― Nicholas Sparks
2. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.” ― Nicholas Sparks
3. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” ― Nicholas Sparks
4. “I think our love can do anything we want it to.” – Duke
5. “No matter what happens to us, everyday spent with you is the best day of my life.” – Noah
6. “Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? What do you want?” – Noah
7. “This is just a fight we’re having and tomorrow it will be like it never happened, right?” – Allie
8. “I could be whatever you want. You just tell me what you want, and I’m gonna be that for you.” – Noah
9. “The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” – Nicholas Sparks
10. “Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?”― Nicholas Sparks
11. “We’re not the same people we were then. We’ve changed, we’ve grown.” ― Nicholas Sparks
12. “The romantics would call this a love story, the cynics would call it a tragedy. In my mind it’s a little bit of both….” ― Nicholas Sparks
The Notebook quotes about that special person
13. “You are, and always have been, my dream.” ― Nicholas Sparks
14. “You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.” ― Nicholas Sparks
15. “Even now, when I’m sitting here, I think about her. There could never have been another.” ― Nicholas Sparks
16. “That’s my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that’s where my home is.” ― Nicholas Sparks
17. “I know I’ve spent each life before this one searching for you. Not someone like you but you, for your soul and mine must always come together.” ― Nicholas Sparks
18. “He looked at her. She was pretty still, with thick hair and soft eyes, and she moved so gracefully that it almost seemed as though she were gliding. He’d seen beautiful women before, though, women who caught his eye, but to his mind, they usually lacked the traits he found most desirable. Traits like intelligence, confidence, strength of spirit, passion, traits that inspired others to greatness, traits he aspired to himself.” ― Nicholas Sparks
19. “Every girl is beautiful. Sometimes it just takes the right guy to see it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
20. “Silence is pure and holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking.” ― Nicholas Sparks
21. “And when I came in with tears in my eyes, you always knew whether I needed you to hold me or just let me be. I don’t know how you knew, but you did, and you made it easier for me.”- Nicholas Sparks
22. “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” ― Nicholas Sparks
23. “We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
24. “They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.” ― Nicholas Sparks
25. “She made me who I am and holding her in my arms was more natural to me than my own heartbeat.” – Noah
26. “In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods to tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life.”― Nicholas Sparks
27. “A living poem” had always been the words that came to mind when he tried to describe her to others.” ― Nicholas Sparks
28. “You and I were different. We came from different worlds, and yet you were the one how taught me the value of love. You showed me what it was like to care for another, and I am a better man because of it. I don’t want you to ever forget that.” ― Nicholas Sparks
The Notebook quotes about falling in love
29. “My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.”― Nicholas Sparks
30. “You are the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don’t know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.” ― Nicholas Sparks
31. “I love you now as I write this, and I love you now as you read this” ― Nicholas Sparks
32. “Every great love starts with a great story…” ― Nicholas Sparks
33. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” – Noah
34. “It was real, wasn’t it? You and me. Such a long time ago, we were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn’t we?” – Allie
35. “Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can’t control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That’s what it was like for me.” – Noah
36. “An ordinary beginning, something that would have been forgotten had it been anyone but her. But as he shook her hand and met those striking emerald eyes, he knew before he’d taken his next breath that she was the one he could spend the rest of his life looking for but never find again. She seemed that good, that perfect, while a summer wind blew through the trees.” ― Nicholas Sparks
37. “I can remember every moment we were together, and in each of them there was something wonderful. I can’t really pick any one time that meant more than any other. The entire summer was perfect, the kind of summer everyone should have. How could I pick one moment over another?”- Nicholas Sparks
38. “I didn’t plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us.” – Nicholas Sparks
39. “But he had been in love once, that he knew. Once and only once, and a long time ago. And it had changed him forever. Perfect love did that to a person and this had been perfect.” ― Nicholas Sparks
40. “Our souls were one, if you must know and never shall they be apart; with splendid dawn, your face aglow i reach for you and find my heart” ― Nicholas Sparks
The Notebook quotes about losing the one you love
41. “In time, the hurt began to fade and it was easier to just let it go. At least I thought it was. But in every boy I met in the next few years, I found myself looking for you, and when the feelings got too strong, I’d write you another letter. But I never sent them for fear of what I might find. By then, you’d gone on with your life and I didn’t want to think about you loving someone else. I wanted to remember us like we were that summer. I didn’t ever want to lose that.” ― Nicholas Sparks
42. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they always have been and will be. Maybe we’ve lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we’ve found each other. And maybe each time, we’ve been forced apart for the same reasons. That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come.” ― Nicholas Sparks
43. “A person can get used to anything if given enough time.” – Nicholas Sparks
44. “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heaves, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they’re gone.” – Duke
45. “She wanted something else, something different, something more. Passion and romance, perhaps, or maybe quiet conversations in candlelit rooms, or perhaps something as simple as not being second.” ― Nicholas Sparks
46. “Sometimes we need to be apart to understand just how much we truly love each other .” ― Nicholas Sparks
47. “I lost you once, I think I can do it again.” ― Nicholas Sparks
48. “It might seem as the hardest thing to do, but you have to forget the guy who forgot about you.” ― Nicholas Sparks
49. “I been watchin’ you, workin day and night, slavin so hard you barely have time to catch your breath. People do that for three reasons. Either they crazy, or stupid, or tryin’ to forget.” ― Nicholas Sparks
50. “And if, in some distant place in the future, we see each other in our new lives, I will smile at you with joy, and remember how we spent a summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love.” ― Nicholas Sparks
More quotes from The Notebook
51. “When I see something I like, I gotta have it… I love it. I go crazy for it.” – Noah
52. “You know I want to give you all the things you want. But I can’t. Because they’re gone. They’re broken.” – Noah
53. “You’re a terrible singer… but I like this song…”
54. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” – Noah
55. “Southern Summers are indifferent to the trials of young love, armed with warnings and doubts. Noah and Allie gave a remarkably convincing portrayal of a boy and a girl traveling down a very long road with no regard for the consequences.” – Duke
56. “Most of the time I have all these thoughts bouncin’ around in my head. But with a brush in my hand, the world just gets kinda quiet.” – Allie
57. “It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy, she was from the city. She had the world at her feet while he didn’t have two dimes to rub together.” – Duke
58. “Remember that time in the park? Everything felt so real.. but now I know that life is just an imagination, a pure imagination, and childhood dream shot to tears, due to the anxiety of tomorrow.” – Allie
59. “You gotta be kiddin’ me. All this time, that’s what I’ve been missin’? Let’s do it again.” – Allie
60. “They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time, and they challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.” – Duke
Which quote from the Notebook inspired you to enjoy the love in your own life?
If you’ve already found that special person in your life, don’t let them get away. Enjoy and cherish each moment with them and make sure you let them know how much you appreciate having them in your life.
If you haven’t found that person yet, use The Notebook quotes above as motivation that they are out there. And remember, love and relationships aren’t easy, so don’t quit when it starts feeling like it’s hard.
There is a love out there that changes you to the core when you find it. It makes you a better person and encourages you into action to end up with the person of your dreams. Sometimes it feels like love and sometimes it feels a little tragic, but it’s a ride that you don’t want to miss.
Hopefully, The Notebook quotes have inspired you to enjoy the love in your own life. Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.