The Simpsons Quotes from the Long-Running Cartoon
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
The Simpsons quotes below have spanned multiple decades and people are still enjoying them.
Let us know your favorite in the comments.
The Simpsons is an animated sitcom series that focuses on satirical concepts of American life.
It centers on the story of the Simpson family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
The series parodies the topic of American society, pop culture, and even politics.
Because of its relevance and hilarious take on different issues, The Simpsons quickly became a favorite in the ’90s.
Since then, it has continued its longevity with newer animation styles and relatable gags.
This series was able to stand the test of time and became a part of entertainment for different generations.
Here are some of the most memorable The Simpsons quotes to remind you of your favorite episodes.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of the best My Girl quotes from the 90s classic.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
The Simpsons quotes from Marge
1. “You’re going to stay your current ages for the rest of your lives.” — Marge
You will also enjoy our article on Bart Simpson quotes.
2. “I’m so embarrassed I wish there was a hole I could just crawl into and die.” — Marge
3. “This family has had its differences and we’ve squabbled, but we’ve never had knife fights before. And I blame this house.” — Marge
4. “Halloween is a very strange holiday. Personally, I don’t understand it. Kids worshipping ghosts, pretending to be devils.” — Marge
5. “Today he’s drinking people’s blood. Tomorrow he could be smoking.” — Marge
6. “…if you raised three children who can knock out and hog tie a perfect stranger you must be doing something right.” — Marge
7. “You know the courts might not work anymore, but as long as everyone is videotaping everyone else justice will be done!” — Marge
8. ” I don’t want to alarm anybody, but I think there’s a little al-key-hol in this punch.” — Marge
9. “Bart! Stop pestering Satan.” — Marge
10. “Can’t beat a skybox. All the excitement of being in the sky with the security of being in a box.” — Marge
11. “Homer, I like to think that I’m a patient, tolerant woman and that there was no line that you could cross that would make me stop loving you. But last night you didn’t just cross that line, you threw up on it!” — Marge
12. “Only three cavities, Bart, your best checkup ever! I’m going to make you my specialty, butterscotch chicken.” — Marge
13. “If someone did eat Bart’s shorts they’d have a tummy full of pocket garbage.” — Marge
14. “Lisa, you’re learning many lessons tonight. And one of them is to always give your mother the benefit of the doubt.” — Marge
15. “These are Homer’s friends and family. They don’t want him dead. They just want him to suffer.” — Marge
The Simpsons quotes from Lisa
16. “Mom, romance is dead. It was acquired by Hallmark and Disney in a hostile takeover, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece.” — Lisa
17. “Why do I get the feeling that someday I’ll be describing this to a psychiatrist?” — Lisa
18. “If you take away our cartoons, we’ll grow up without a sense of humor and be robots.” — Lisa
19. “Does it make you feel superior to tear down people’s dreams?” — Lisa
20. “They want sentiment? I’ll pump ’em so full of sap they’ll have to blow their nose with a pancake!” — Lisa
21. “I think you need Skinner, Bart. Everybody needs a nemesis.” — Lisa
22. “It’s not my nature to complain, but so far today we’ve had three movies, two filmstrips, and an hour and a half of magazine time. I just don’t feel challenged.” — Lisa
23. “I learned that beneath my goody two-shoes lies some very dark socks.” — Lisa
24. “I’m proud of you, Mom. You’re like Christopher Columbus. You discovered something millions of people knew about before you.” — Lisa
25. “Don’t you see? Getting what you want all time will ultimately leave you unfulfilled and joyless.” — Lisa
Which of these The Simpsons quotes is your favorite?
Because of its huge success, The Simpsons became the longest-running scripted and animated series in U.S history.
With over 30 seasons of fun and hilarious episodes, fans can easily pick and enjoy watching some episodes of this series.
Some of the episodes will always be more memorable than the others, depending on your preference.
Homer Simpson will always be an iconic character.
With his anger management problems, gluttony, low intellect, and relationship with beer, many people can find pieces of his storylines that they can relate to or at least be entertained by with their comedic value.
The series is still going strong and will always be a classic for many.
Share these The Simpsons quotes and sayings with your friends and watch some new episodes with them.