Experience the wonders of birth with our trying to conceive quotes.
Human conception is one of the most notable aspects of life on Earth.
Statistically speaking, even though there are over eight billion people on the planet, each of those births was an absolute miracle.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Let’s learn more about the miracle of conception!
What does trying to conceive mean?
Fertility specialists define trying to conceive (TTC) as having unprotected intercourse with the intent of pregnancy.
Many people associate using ovulation prediction kits, mucus, or temperature charts with trying to conceive, but they do not count.
Trying to conceive is strictly having unprotected sex without pregnancy prevention methods.
Below are some fascinating facts about conception:
- Sperm can live in a uterus for three days.
- By their 30s, women lose a significant amount of eggs.
- Women can still get pregnant using the pill or other pregnancy prevention methods.
How long does it take the average couple to conceive?
With 8 billion people on the planet, it may surprise you that couples trying to conceive each month have a 15-20 percent success rate.
Only fifty percent of one hundred fertile couples will conceive after six months of trying.
Miscarriages are also very common.
While it is not an often unaddressed subject, about thirty percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage.
These figures remind us that each birth is a miracle of life.
How can couples trying to conceive increase their success rate?
Ovulation is the key to a successful pregnancy.
Becoming familiar with the ovulation schedule is one of the best ways to increase the likelihood of conception.
There are three target dates couples should consider.
The chance of conception is highest during the first 24 hours when ovulation occurs, the 24 hours before ovulation, and the few days leading up to ovulation.
The chances of conceiving decrease after ovulation, but intercourse on the exact day of ovulation is unnecessary to get pregnant.
The sperm and the egg can survive in our bodies for longer than you may think.
They wait for each other.
If you want to learn more, check out our trying-to-conceive quotes below.
Trying to conceive quotes about the rigors of pregnancy
Conception is a miracle; these quotes remind us of each special birth.
Authentic trying to conceive quotes from parents and children
1. “There are some women whose pregnancy would make some sly bachelor smile.” — Honore de Balzac
2. “Pregnancy is not a disease. The child in the womb is neither a tumor nor a parasite to be destroyed.” — Chris Smith
3. “Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that, it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul.” — Robert Anton Wilson
4. “The truth is that contraception saves lives, prevents unplanned pregnancies, improves outcomes for children, and reduces the number of abortions.” — Ann McLane Kuster
5. “I was an unplanned pregnancy between two teenagers in Reading, Pennsylvania, and they ended up getting married. They started out struggling.” — John Fetterman
6. “It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid pregnancy by a resort to mathematics, though she is still forbidden to resort to physics or chemistry.” — H. L. Mencken
7. “The biggest food-related risk in pregnancy is listeria. It’s a dangerous bacteria, to which pregnant women are especially susceptible, that can lead to miscarriage or stillbirth.” — Emily Oster
8. “In order to improve maternal health, we have to focus on improving all women’s health and access to care – not just during labor and delivery, but before and after pregnancy, and throughout our lives.” — Leana S. Wen
9. “There’s a difference between early and late abortions. If you have a late abortion, where the fetus might feel pain, then I think you should have a good reason. Because then you’re inflicting pain. As you go through the third trimester, you need to have more serious reasons to end a pregnancy.” — Peter Singer
10. “Now, in the moment of my conception, as a star falls into my mother’s left eye, as the wind catches its breath, as the little hills skip for joy, and the moon hides her face behind a cloud – a bit of local history.” — Robert Nye
Trying to conceive quotes about never giving up
This selection of quotes comes from some incredible inspirational figures who remind us never to give up.
12. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
13. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
14. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. “Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.” — Robert H. Schuller
16. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
17. “I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy.” — Marie Curie
18. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
19. “Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: getting out of bed.” — Mason Cooley
20. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
The best quotes to remember when trying to conceive
Trying to conceive can be stressful for some people, especially if they have to keep trying.
Here are some powerful quotes to remember if you are trying to conceive.
21. “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” — Stephanie Bennett-Henry
22. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” — Suzy Kassem
23. “She is brave and strong and broken all at once.” — Anna Funder
24. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” — Nora Ephron
25. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” — Beyoncé
26. “I am learning to trust the journey even when I do not understand it.” — Mila Bron
27. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
28. “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” — Gina Carey
29. “Don’t compare your struggles to anyone else’s. Don’t get discouraged by the success of others. Make your own path and never give up.” — MJ Korvan
30. “Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Trying to conceive quotes about parents
These quotes remind us of the parent’s remarkable journey.
31. “I want to get an abortion. But my boyfriend and I are having trouble conceiving.” — Sarah
32. “If parents wish to preserve childhood for their own children, they must conceive of parenting as an act of rebellion against culture.” — Neil Postman
33. “Parenting begins the moment you make any conscious effort to care for your own health in preparation for enhancing your child’s conception.” — Carista Luminare-Rosen
34. “The ingenerating of a principle of grace in the soul seems in Scripture to be compared to the conceiving of Christ in the womb.” — Jonathan Edwards
35. “The difference between writing a book and being on television is the difference between conceiving a child and having a baby made in a test tube.” — Norman Mailer
Conceiving and birth quotes to consider
36. “I’ve delivered lots of babies, and I know about these things. It is true. We tell infertile couples all the time that are having trouble conceiving because of the woman not ovulating.” — Phil Gingrey
37. “And the conception of Christ in the womb of the blessed virgin by the power of the Holy Ghost, seems to be a designed resemblance of the conception of Christ in the soul of a believer by the power of the same Holy Ghost.” — Jonathan Edwards
38. “In this openness, in conceiving and giving birth to a child, the woman ‘discovers herself through a sincere gift of self.’” — Pope John Paul II
39. “There’s the miracle of conception. I did IVF, but nothing happened. So I began to think of adoption, and then I got pregnant. It was definitely a miracle.” — Iman
40. “Yet rather than calling the earliest religions, which embraced such an open acceptance of all human sexuality, ‘fertility cults,’ we might consider the religions of today as strange in that they seem to associate shame and even sin with the very process of conceiving new human life.” — Merlin Stone
Trying to conceive quotes about the miracle of birth
These quotes remind us that conception is special despite the conditions resulting from our birth.
41. “You were probably conceived because your parents loved each other.” ― Ilona Andrews, Burn for Me
42. “That miracle of conception is a microcosm that mirrors God’s first four words.” — Mark Batterson, Whisper
43. “According to our mother, Bern said, he was conceived because she was too wasted to remember a rubber.” ― Ilona Andrews, Burn for Me
44. “I was conceived because it would be good for my house to have an heir and because my parents’ genes ticked the right set of boxes.” ― Ilona Andrews, Burn for Me
45. “At the moment of conception, an effectively alien creature commandeers the mother’s womb and uses it as a sort of beachhead from which to seize control of her entire body.” ― Jeffrey Kluger, The Narcissist Next Door
More quotes about conception
46. “No individual existence can be traced further than the moment of conception, which determined that what was to be born would be this person and no other.” — Nick Joaquín, Culture and History
47. “I was conceived because my mother skipped bail. Her boyfriend at the time threatened to call the cops on her, so she had to do something to keep him from doing it.” ― Ilona Andrews, Burn for Me
48. “Of my conception, I know only what you know of yours. It occurred in darkness, and I was unconsenting.” ― Marilynne Robinson, Housekeeping
49. “Did you know that embryologists have recently captured the moment of conception via fluorescence microscopy? What they discovered is that at the exact moment, a sperm penetrates an egg, the egg releases billions of zinc atoms that emit light.” — Mark Batterson, Whisper
50. “The person may change from baby to child and from boy to man, but through all these changes, he will remain this person and cannot be another because all possibilities to the contrary that may have existed before the moment of conception ended forever with the moment of conception.” — Nick Joaquín, Culture, and History
What are some conception myths?
There are plenty of myths regarding conception.
Many of these myths are popular among people, even if they are entirely fabricated or not based on reality.
Some people are taught that having an orgasm helps increase conception.
This myth is because having an orgasm increases fertility because the contracting uterus is more likely to pull in sperm.
Orgasms feel amazing, but they do not impact the chances of conception.
Another popular belief is that to get pregnant, a couple must have sex every day.
Ovulation occurs about two weeks before a woman’s period.
To make the most of this window, specialists suggest that couples have sex every two or three days starting eighteen days before the woman’s next period.
Do you have a favorite trying to conceive quote?
If so, please be sure to tell us about it in the comment section below.