Looking for inspirational Vince Lombardi quotes? Here is our latest collection of quotes from Vince Lombardi on Everyday Power Blog.
Vince Lombardi was an American football player and coach who is best known as the head coach of the Green Bay Packers during the 1960s where he led the team to five championships. Arguably one of the greatest coaches and leaders in the history of any American sport, Lombardi never had a losing season as a head coach in the NFL.
Born in Brooklyn on June 11, 1913, he was the oldest of 5 children and the son of an Italian immigrant. Lombardi had a short stint as a pro football player before embarking on a successful coaching career. Known for his single-mindedness determination to win, he developed a reputation for being a workaholic with the hallmark of his teams being simplicity and execution.
Vince Lombardi died of colon cancer on September 3, 1970 at the age of 57.
Also check out these powerful Tom Brady quotes from the 4x Super Bowl MVP.
Be inspired by these Vince Lombardi Quotes
1. “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while – you do them right all the time.” – Vince Lombardi
2. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
3. “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” – Vince Lombardi
4. “Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
5. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
6. “If you’ll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives.” – Vince Lombardi
7. “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” – Vince Lombardi
8. “If you don’t think you’re a winner, you don’t belong here.” – Vince Lombardi
9. “If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you’ll be fired with enthusiasm.” – Vince Lombardi
10. “Winning is not everything – but making the effort to win is. – Vince Lombardi
11. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi quotes on commitment
12. “Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
13. “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
14. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vince Lombardi
15. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi quotes on winning
16. “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.” – Vince Lombardi
17. “Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” – Vince Lombardi
18. “Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
19. “Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.” – Vince Lombardi
20. “The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.” – Vince Lombardi
21. “The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” – Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi quotes to elevate your mind
22. “Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.” – Vince Lombardi
23. “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
24. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” – Vince Lombardi
25. “Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing-the result.” – Vince Lombardi
26. “We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.” – Vince Lombardi
27. “In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.” – Vince Lombardi
28. “If you can accept losing you can’t win. If you can walk you can run. No one is ever hurt. Hurt is in your mind.” – Vince Lombardi
29. “I’ve never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn’t appreciate the grind, the discipline.” – Vince Lombardi
30. “Having the capacity to lead is not enough. The leader must be willing to use it.” – Vince Lombardi
More Vince Lombardi quotes and sayings
31. “If you cheat yourself in practice, you’ll cheat yourself in a game; and if you cheat in a game, you’ll cheat yourself for the rest of your life.” – Vince Lombardi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of cheating quotes that will empower you during this difficult time.
32. “We know how rough the road will be, how heavy here the load will be, we know about the barricades that wait along the track, but we have set our soul ahead upon a certain goal ahead and nothing left from hell to sky shall ever turn us back.”- Vince Lombardi
33. “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi
34. “Success is not a sometimes thing. In other words, you don’t do what is right once in awhile, but all the time. Success is a habit. Winning is a habit.” – Vince Lombardi
35. “If you can’t get emotional about what you believe in your heart, you’re in the wrong business.” – Vince Lombardi
36. “There is no substitute for work.” – Vince Lombardi
37. “Mental toughness is essential to success.” – Vince Lombardi
38. “If you get into the endzone, act as if you’ve been there before.” –
39. “Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.” – Vince Lombardi
40. “There’s no such thing as Perfection. But, in striving for perfection, we can achieve excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
What other Vince Lombardi quotes would you add to the list?
Vince Lombardi was a beloved American national icon. Following his death, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the NFL Super Bowl trophy was named in his honor.
As one of the greatest minds in American sports history, Lombardi will always be remembered for his determination to win, work ethics, ability to teach, motivate and inspire. Hopefully, these quotes will inspire you to reach your full potential.
So what other Vince Lombardi quotes would you add to the collection? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
September 15, 2020 6:00 AM EST