Do you know what it means to be truly committed?
Commitment isn’t easy, but when we stay committed it has the ability to help us achieve goals we may have only once dreamed of. Read on to find our amazing list of commitment quotes to keep you focused and committed towards your goals.
Commitment is the ability to stick with something long after the initial excitement is gone. Commitment is a decision to stick with a project, idea, relationship or goal – even when it’s not easy.
Looking for inspirational commitment quotes?
Nothing can be accomplished without commitment. It’s going to be difficult most days. In a world where everything and everyone seems replaceable, it can be all too easy to drop people, goals, and projects without giving it genuine effort.
Will it all work out? Of course not! Not even close. But with commitment, we know we gave it everything we could.
Don’t forget to also check out these achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
Here are some of our favorite commitment quotes
1. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
2. “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes… but no plans.” – Peter F. Drucker
3. “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” – Anthony Robbins
4. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
5. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership.
Also read these powerful promise quotes about keeping your word that will remind you to always be honest and honorable.
Commitment quotes about perseverance
6. “Great changes may not happen right away, but with effort even the difficult may become easy.” – Bill Blackman
7. “Anyone can dabble, but once you’ve made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it’s very hard for people to stop you.” – Bill Cosby
8. “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” – Art Turock
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of excuses quotes about the power of sticking to your word.
9. “Any man’s life will be filled with constant and unexpected encouragement if he makes up his mind to do his level best each day.” – Booker T. Washington
10. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Tony Robbins
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of inspirational sports quotes about working towards your full potential.
Commitment quotes about vision and ideas
11. “Commitment unlocks the doors of imagination, allows vision, and gives us the right stuff to turn our dream into reality.” – James Womack
12. “Keep on going and the chances are you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I have never heard of anyone stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
13. “It’s always too early to quit.” – Norman Vincent Peale
14. “I am easily satisfied with the very best.” – Winston Churchill
15. “They say that people are innately afraid of those who need them, they say that people are afraid of ‘clingy-ness’, afraid of attachment, afraid of being needed by another. But I beg to disagree. I believe that people, when looking at someone who is needy of them, see themselves and see their own fears and they go away because they can’t handle those fears; it’s their own neediness that they’re afraid of! They’re afraid to want and to need, because they’re afraid of loss and of losing, so when they see these things in another, that’s when they run away. Nobody is actually running away from other people; everybody is really running away from themselves!” – C. JoyBell
Don’t forget to also check out these Macbeth quotes about power and ambition.
Commitment quotes about relationships
16. “At times it seems as if arranging to have no commitment of any kind to anyone would be a special freedom. But in fact the whole idea works in reverse. The most deadly commitment of all is to be committed only to one’s self. Some come to realize this after they are in the nursing home.”― John D. MacDonald
17. “Falling in love was simple; one had only to yield. Digesting another person, however, and sustaining love, was bloody work, and not a soft job.”― Hanif Kureishi
18. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.”— Sadhu Vaswani
19. “To have a caring and committed heart toward someone—a heart so firm in its devotion as to sooner stop beating than neglect the object of its desire despite the person’s state of health, appearance, reputation, finances, troubles, or challenges — that, dear world, is love. It is a rare find.”— Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, & Grumblings for Every Day of the Year
20. “To fall in love and to commit yourself to love means you should make your loved one the one thing you cherish the most.” ― Kou Yoneda, No Touching At All
21. “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.” ― Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
22. “Love is not maximum emotion. Love is maximum commitment.” — Sinclair B. Ferguson
Inspirational Commitment Quotes
23. “Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose — and commit myself to — what is best for me.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Zahir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
24. “Commitment is an act, not a word.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre
25. “If you had started doing anything two weeks ago, by today you would have been two weeks better at it.”
― John Mayer
26. “You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear.” – Sammy Davis, Jr.
27. “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul J. Meyer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of planning quotes to help you take control of your life.
28. “Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.” – Haile Gebrselassie
29. “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” – Tony Robbins
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
30. “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.” – Zig Ziglar
Commitment quotes to shape your attitude
31. “There’s a higher form of happiness in commitment. I’m counting on it.” – Claire Forlani
32. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” – Tom Robbins
33. “If I’m going to play, it’s going to be 100-percent commitment.” – Brett Favre
34. “Willpower is all about committing to a schedule to do something over the long term.” – Alex Altman
35. “Commitment turns a promise into reality with words that speak boldly of your intentions and actions that speak louder than words.” – Steve Brunkhorst
36. “Commitment is a big word that requires both guts and diligence and change is never easy.” – Henry Good
37. “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.” ― William Hutchison Murray
38. “If you can’t value a commitment made by someone else, your own commitments lose their value too.” ― Ram Mohan
39. “The most important element in the failure equation is your personal commitment to keep trying.”― Catherine Pulsifer
40. “Honor your commitments with integrity.”― Les Brown
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these good man quotes that will inspire you to do your best.
Commitment quotes to make you strong
41. “If we are going to build self-esteem, we must get committed to our promises to ourselves and to others.” – David DeNotaris
42. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
43. “We should remain true to our course; which may mean committing yourselves to things that people around you would normally disapprove.” – Olehile Fischer Thataone
44. “The relationship between commitment and doubt is by no means an antagonistic one. Commitment is healthiest when it is not without doubt but in spite of doubt.” – Rollo May
45. “The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.” – Martina Navratilova
46. “Encourage your people to be committed to a project rather than just be involved in it.”– Richard Pratt
47. “Commitment is the enemy of resistance, for it is the serious promise to press on, to get up, no matter how many times you are knocked down.”– David McNally
48. “Individual commitment to a group effort — that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of team quotes that will inspire you and your teammates to collectively meet your goals.
49. “Without involvement, there is no commitment. Mark it down, asterisk it, circle it, underline it.” – Stephen Covey
50. “I will demand a commitment to excellence and to victory, and that is what life is all about.” – Vince Lombardi
Commitment quotes about life, love, and work
51. “There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” – Tony Robbins
52. “Commitment means that it is possible for a man to yield the nerve center of his consent to a purpose or cause, a movement or an ideal, which may be more important to him than whether he lives or dies.” – Howard Thurman
53. “Commitment is the glue that bonds you to your goals.” – Anonymous
54. “You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers.” – Les Brown
55. “Once you have the commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.” – Haile Gebrselassie
56. “If you make the unconditional commitment to reach your most important goals, if the strength of your decision is sufficient, you will find the way and the power to achieve your goals.” – Robert Conklin
57. “Stay committed to your decisions but flexible in your approach.” – Tony Robbins
58. “It takes a deep commitment to change and an even deeper commitment to grow.” – Ralph Ellison
59. “Unless a commitment is made there are only promises and hopes, but no plans.” – Peter Drucker
60. “Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.” – Albert Einstein
Other motivational commitment quotes
61. “Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it’s a relationship, a business or a hobby.”― Neil Strauss
62. “Don’t take no for an answer, determine your target, show your commitment, do what it takes to achieve your goal.” – Tony Clark
63. “Commitment is the little choices every day that lead to the final results we’re striving for.” – Anonymous
64. “It still takes a serious commitment and honest effort for your goals to come to fruition.” – Alex Altman
65. “When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape.” – Andy Andrews
66. “Don’t lose sight of your goals and commitment. The road to success can be long and hard, but it will all be worth it in the end.” – Paul Bailey
67. “One person with commitment accomplishes more than a thousand with an opinion.”― Orrin Woodward
68. “You need to have a commitment to do what you do better than anyone else.” – Amy Dix
69. “Success awaits those who steadfastly commit to any requisite sacrifice.”
― Ken Poirot
70. “Commitment gets the Universal wheels turning on your behalf.” –Jeannette Maw
You might also like these inspirational perseverance quotes for life’s toughest times.
More commitment quotes and sayings
71. “What helps you persevere is your resilience and commitment.” – Roy T. Bennett
72. “The level of success you achieve will be in direct proportion to the depth of your commitment.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “Love is total surrender, total acceptance and total commitment.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
74. “If you believe in a cause, be willing to stand up for that cause with a million people or by yourself.” – Otis S. Johnson
75. “Commitment is a word invented in our abstract modernity to signify the absence of any real motives in the soul for moral dedication.” – Allan Bloom
76. “There are only two options regarding commitment. You’re either in or out. There’s no such thing as a life in between.” – Pat Riley
77. “Peace may be hard to achieve but is possible with small yet essential steps that are guided by courage and sufficient commitment.” – Widad Akrawi
78. “The only thing I’m committed to right now is bettering myself.” – Nitesh Nishad
79. “Commit fully to your sacred cause. Do not hesitate. Do not draw back. Be bold, be powerful. Do not delay. Start now.” – Thomas Stark
80. “Understanding your motivation for a decision helps you stay committed to it.” – Brant Menswar
Which one of these amazing commitment quotes is your favorite?
Commitment is the difference between a goal and a wish. Anybody can have a hope and wish, but what matters most is the resolve to make it happen. Most get started, but very few finish. When we carry out and develop a healthy obsession with an idea, we become more confident, creative and courageous!
Your success is determined by your work, not your market. The amount of effort you put into your work is just as important – or even more – than the work you choose to do. Don’t focus on the immediate result; that’s the formula for quitting. Focus on your commitment and results will come.
Success is not a rushed process. You can’t buy your way to the top. Take your time. Learn all the lessons you need to learn. So when success happens, you’re mature enough to handle it.
What other commitment quotes would you add to the list?
March 22, 2021 6:00 AM EST