Weightlifting Quotes for Healthy & Strong Living
January 4, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Weightlifting quotes have been viral for the past few years as awareness about fitness is rising.
People use weightlifting quotes to motivate them by hanging in offices, homes, and gyms.
Weightlifting has been there for thousands of years, and ancient Greeks used multiple techniques related to weightlifting to get a toned body.
Tell us your favorite weightlifting quote in the comment section below!
What are the benefits of reading these weightlifting quotes?
Romans and Mesopotamians were well aware of weightlifting’s importance and practiced it throughout history.
With the rise of Hollywood films in the past century, the world became more connected, and cultural exchange became a new normal.
Many Hollywood superstars adopted the healthy lifestyle in the 1970s, and in the coming years, the trend goes on.
Superstars have prompted the fitness culture, so weightlifting has gained popularity across the globe.
People have become more aware of physical health with the rise of social media, as shared knowledge has immense value.
Let’s start with the definition, and then we will talk about weightlifting.
What is weightlifting?
Weightlifting is an exercise where different weights are used as resistance objects to lift for muscle growth and strength.
Why weightlifting is important?
The monotonous life we face today makes us lazy, and our health weakens, and in this situation, the best solution is to keep fit and do self-care.
For this, weightlifting can play a vital role.
You don’t need to be a fitness freak that does 20 hours of daily workouts with heavy weights.
Instead, you just need to do small weightlifting sessions weekly with a health expert’s advice, mainly for a few minutes each day to keep your muscle active.
There are a few steps to make the best out of it.
- Always warm up before the workout
- Try to learn the proper technique
- Choose the proper weight
- Take regular breaks while working out
You should take good care of your health and the health of your loved ones, as this is a gift from the Creator, and we should care about it.
You can earn money once it’s gone, but regaining health is very difficult, so taking preventive measures is the way to go.
We encourage you to read the below-mentioned quotes and get inspiration to start the fitness practice ad make it your lifestyle.
Top 10 weightlifting quotes
Following are the top 10 weightlifting quotes for you to read and share.
1. “I didn’t want to lift weights and get all big; I just wanted to get cut.” — Kevin Hart
2. “I’ll work out a little bit on the treadmill or a little bit with weights.” — Jennifer Hudson
3. “Compared to the challenges of raising an autistic child, weightlifting is a relief.” ― Melanie Roach
4. “What makes a weightlifting program successful? Your hard work and dedication.” ― Greg Everett
5. “Some people are born to lift heavy weights; some are born to juggle golden balls.” ― Max Beerbohm
6. “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.” ― Ronnie Coleman
7. “If you think lifting weights is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.” ― Bret Contreras
8. “If I have to die tonight, if this weight is going to kill me tonight, so be it! I’m dying where I wanna be.” ― Kai Greene
9. “I dedicate myself and work hard in the weight room and treat every practice as if it were a game.” ― Adrian Peterson
10. “It’s all about mechanics; all the weight-lifting in the world can’t help if you’re not running correctly.” ― Ron Bramlett
Weightlifting quotes that are insta-worthy
And if you are searching for weightlifting quotes of ideal length to share on your favorite social media platform, check the following list.
11. “So much of lifting heavy weights is mental and having the confidence to push yourself to new levels is critical.” ― Steve Kuclo
12. “My strength did not come from lifting weights. My strength came from lifting myself up when I was knocked down.” ― Bob Moore
13. “Get off the treadmill of consumption, replication, and mediocrity. Begin lifting the weights of creativity, originality, and success.” ― Ryan Lilly
14. “The chief difference between big-game fishing and weightlifting is that weightlifters never clutter up their library walls with stuffed barbells.” ― Ed Zern
15. “I started lifting heavy weights and became addicted to it and before I knew it I won the title of the world’s strongest man which is very cool.” ― Brian Shaw
16. “In my weight lifting I am trying to show that if you pray and meditate, you can bring to the fore your inner strength. Now, if somebody is really inwardly strong, he is always at peace.” ― Sri Chinmoy
17. “Weight lifting is about lifting the impossible, overcoming the unachievable. If you don’t lift things that are hard, and only do things that you can do, it’s only going to get boring.” ― Chasers Holmes
18. “Thinking is like exercise, it requires consistency and rigor. Like barbells in a weight lifting room, the classics force us to either put them down or exert our minds. They require us to think.” ― Oliver DeMille
19. “If you start lifting weights, you will expect to put weight on, as muscle is heavier than fat. And it doesn’t really matter what you weigh as long as you are happy with your shape and size.” ― Victoria Pendleton
20. “I exercise about 40 minutes a day, and I’ll run one day and do circuit training the next day. I live in an area where there are brilliant hills and mountains, so I get a good hill run with my dog. At home, I’ll do the circuit training with old weights, along with pull-ups in the trees and that sort of stuff.” — Bear Grylls
Motivational weightlifting quotes
If you are in search of some motivational weightlifting quotes, the following quotes will motivate you to workout.
21. “Very Few are actually able to weight lift the success.” ― Unknown
22. “The pain you feel today is the strength you’ll feel tomorrow.” ― Unknown
23. “It’s a brand new day and it’s time to lift some heavy ass weights!” ― Unknown
24. “Maybe lifting someone else’s weight makes yours a little more bearable.” ― Tarryn Fisher
25. “Don’t be scared to lift heavy weights! You won’t get huge and bulky; you’ll get amazing.” ― Jessie Hilgenberg
26. “If you clean the weight first, you will have a much better chance of successfully completing the jerk.” ― Stan Bailey
27. “Power should be reserved for weightlifting and boats, and leadership really involves responsibility.” ― Herb Kelleher
28. “My workouts are based on very heavy, fast movements using weights, the science behind it being that the faster you move a weight, the more fast-twitch fibers you rip and then repair.” ― Eddie Hall
29. “Me doing what I’m doing is letting other people of color and other black women know: ‘Hey you can lift weights, too.’ Not only can you lift weights. You can try CrossFit, go backpacking, hike mountains, the list goes on.” ― Quiana Welch
30. “I really like the learning process and getting better at Olympic lifts. It’s great I can take part in the sport just the same as everyone else. And one day I want to be able to compete at a weightlifting meet just as everybody else.” ― Stu Young
Weightlifting quotes for friends
Here are some more weightlifting quotes you would love to share with your friends and family.
31. “Lift weight like you mean it.” ― Unknown
32. “A weightlifter is a sculptor who carries with him his own material.” ― Unknown
33. “If you’re using two-pound weights, how did you even open the door to the gym?” ― Dave Attell
34. “You know you’ve reached middle age when your weightlifting consists merely of standing up.” ― Bob Hope
35. “I don’t believe for a second that weightlifting is a sport. They pick up a heavy thing and put it down again. To me, that’s indecision.” — Paula Poundstone
36. “Need a body-confidence boost? Pick up a pair of dumbbells and let your gaze linger on the outline of your biceps as you lift the weights.” ― Denise Austin
37. “The amount of things you can do with a kettlebell is unsurpassed by any other training equipment – dumbbells, resistance machines, free weights.” ― Laird Hamilton
38. “Bodybuilding is an art, your body is the canvas, weights are your brush and nutrition is your paint. We all have the ability to turn a self-portrait into a masterpiece.” — Kai Greene
39. “Lifting weights is obviously important because you want to be strong and fast and all of that, but it’s not one of those things you gotta go and try to bench as much as you can every day.” ― Mark Sanchez
40. “Opposition is a natural part of life. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition – such as lifting weights – we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.” ― Stephen Covey
Some more weightlifting quotes for you
Here are some more weightlifting quotes for you to read and enjoy.
41. “Weight lifting is the game of sigma.” ― Unknown
42. “I like sports, and I enjoy playing basketball and lifting weights.” — Joel Osteen
43. “I enjoy pumping iron, but I do try and get the yoga, ‘cause it’s a nice balance to the weightlifting.” — Adrian Grenier
44. “As soon as I discovered weightlifting, all I wanted to do – my plan in life – was to work out, lay on the beach, and get high.” — Tommy Chong
45. “I get in a gym, put on my headphones, and sweat it out by running, doing the stair master, abs, and free weights. I love doing circuit training.” — Andi Dorfman
46. “I spend around two and half hours on the track every day running and another 2 hours in the weight room lifting weights with my strength coach.” — Allyson Felix
47. “The reason I have entered into bodybuilding and weightlifting is to inspire everybody to pray and meditate so they can bring to the fore their own inner strength.” — Sri Chinmoy
48. “Every morning, I crawl out of bed. I sit there and think, ‘Do I really need this?’ And I drag myself to the gym in my garage. It’s not fun. I hate it. I work out alone with weights.” — Sylvester Stallone
49. “Intensity is just another word for pain. You should feel that intensity every time you pick up a weight. If I don’t feel the sensation of this intensity down to my bones, I know that I have to increase my focus and weight. It gives me great satisfaction.” ― Claude Groulx
50. “My support system, in my surgeon, my P.T., my pilates, my weightlifting, everything that I’m doing to make my body and my mind stronger is just, you know, has been on point. So I feel very prepared for the journey to qualify, and the journey to wear the gold medal.” — Kerri Walsh
Which one of these weightlifting quotes is your favorite?
Hopefully, you have enjoyed reading this strong and bold composition of our weightlifting quotes.
Remember that the mind and body’s fitness is vital, so we should always do some exercises daily.
Weightlifting is one of the best ones as it will really strengthen your muscles to a great extent.
The weightlifting quotes listed above will really motivate you to do some workouts.
You can also share these with your loved ones to add value to their lives, and they will thank you later.
Let us know what weightlifting quotes you liked the most with reason.
We always love listening to our valuable readers.