If you are searching for welding quotes, then you are at the right place!
Here you will find the best quotes about welding.
Welding is the process of joining metals together by first heating them to melt and then allowing them to cool, which fuses them.
Welding is one of the greatest skills that facilitate daily life by providing metallic products and equipment.
Welding is a hard job, and welders can feel low during this process, so these welding quotes will give them confidence and boost their morale.
But before heading to the quotes, let’s see what types of welding are commonly used in daily life.
Different types of welding
If you want to adopt welding as a career, then knowing which area you should specialize in is vital.
The four most commonly practiced types of welding are:
- Gas metal arc
- Gas tungsten arc
- Shielded metal arc
- Flux cored arc
Carefully read about them so you can choose the best one as a career for yourself.
Gas metal arc welding
This is the most popular method used in the construction and automotive industries.
This process is also known as Metal Inert Gas welding or MIG welding.
In this method, the wire is heated as it passes through the welding instrument toward the welding site.
Shielding gas such as carbon dioxide, oxygen, argon, and helium must be used to protect the weld from contaminants in the air.
Stainless steel, carbon steel, nickel, and copper are treated by this method.
Gas metal arc welding is one of the easiest welding methods, making it a good focus for beginning welders.
Gas tungsten arc welding
This method is considered the most challenging type of welding to master.
It is also known by another name, Tungsten Inert Gas or TIG welding.
Because there is little space between the arc and the area being welded; hence, it requires excellent skills and precision to weld.
They commonly used it for thin non-ferrous metals like aluminum, copper, lead, and nickel.
They also employed it for bicycle and aircraft manufacturing.
Shielded metal arc welding
This method is also known as stick welding and is mostly used among home shop welders.
This welding process relies on a consumable electrode that is coated in flux.
This method is low-cost as it requires minimal equipment.
This method does not require shielding gas; you can perform it outdoors and in the open wind.
It also works on dirty and rusty materials, a great advantage of this technique.
Stick welds are not very strong and are prone to cracks and breakage.
Flux Cored Arc welding
Flux Cored Arc welding is cheap and easy to learn, so it’s a great way to start a welding career.
It uses shielding gas and relies on self-shielding agents produced during the fixing agent’s decomposition within the wire.
Welders can carry out this process outdoors. Windy conditions do not affect this type of welding.
The arc provides high welding speeds and is also portable for construction projects.
Take a moment and read through our collection of welding quotes and sayings.
Top 10 welding quotes
This section includes some of the best welding quotes from well-known figures and some great welders. These quotes are a source of appreciation for welders.
1. “I’m welding the bimbo room shut.” — Ilona Andrews
2. “You are a welder if you have a sunburn in the winter.” — Walter
3. “A welder can fix anything. A sculptor can create anything.” — Joel Shapiro
4. “Life is made of ever so many partings welded together.” — Charles Dickens
5. “There’s not a weld in this tank. It’s all put together with bolts and rivets.” — John Baxley
6. “To be able to see beauty in this ugly world, that’s what a really good welder does.” — Jeff Gates
7. “If you plan on becoming a TIG welder, you better plan on doing lots and lots of burning.” — Marty Rice
8. “Welders make more money than philosophers. We need more welders and less philosophers.” — Marco Rubio
9. “Welding is more than just grabbing a stick and going to work. There’s a lot of science and knowledge involved.” — Mike Kuehnl
10. “From the colour the nature And by the nature the sign! Beatific spirits welding together As in one ash-tree in Ygdrasail.” — Ezra Pound
Welding quotes about art
This section offers welding quotes related to art. If you admire art, then you are gonna love these quotes. So enjoy them!
11. “Welding: it’s like sewing with fire.” — Unknown
12. “Welding is the adult version of arts and crafts.” — Unknown
13. “A good welder can fix anything, but a great welder can fix anything twice.” — Unknown
14. “Welding is like riding a bike except the bike is on fire, you are on fire and you are chained to the bike.” — Unknown
15. “A master welder can strike an arc blindfolded, with one hand, upside down, in a snowstorm.” — Steven Robert Farnsworth
16. “The good poet welds his theft into a whole of feeling which is unique, utterly different from that from which it was torn; the bad poet throws it into something which has no cohesion.” — T. S. Eliot
17. “You may design something in steel, but to make it, you need to know how to manipulate the material. On a sheer technical end, you have to know how to weld stainless steel.” — Brian Slocum
18. “The Welder Way means rolling up your sleeves and getting it done. It means no divas. It means complete support for the artistic vision in charge—a philosophy of ‘what can I do to help you?’” — Allyson Currin
19. “As for mathematicians themselves: don’t expect too much help. Most of them are too far removed in their ivory towers to take up such challenges. And anyway, they are not competent. After all, they are just mathematicians-what we need is paramathematicians, like you… It is you who can be the welding force, between mathematicians and stories, in order to achieve the synthesis.” — Apostolos Doxiadis
20. “I think it’s a real shame so many schools have taken out the hands-on classes. Art, music, auto mechanics, cooking, sewing, these are all things that can turn into jobs. You know, wood shop, steel shop, welding. These are all things that can turn into great careers, get kids interested. Things they can do with other students. Other things for our word thinkers: journalism clubs, drama clubs.” — Temple Grandin
Funny welding quotes
Welding is not an easy process. These funny welding quotes can spread smiles on welders’ faces as they do one of the toughest jobs.
21. “Skilled welders aren’t cheap, cheap welders aren’t skilled.” — Unknown
22. “If you think it’s expensive to hire a good welder, try hiring a cheap one.” — Unknown
23. “You want to know why we have doctors, lawyers, and pipefitter. Because they can’t weld.” — Unknown
24. “That lady welder and I are just friends. Just because I’m a welder, you know, doesn’t mean I’m carrying a torch for her.” — Herman Munster
25. “Whether you function as welders or inspectors, the laws of physics are implacable lie-detectors. You may fool men. You will never fool the metal.” — By Lois McMaster Bujold
26. “It is music that welds spiritual and sensual, that can convey ecstasy free of guilt, faith without dogma, love as homage, and a person at home with nature and the infinite.” — Yehudi Menuhi
27. “I’d always been scared of people with tertiary education and high intellects in case they found me wanting. I thought they viewed me as just a welder who knew a few jokes.” — Billy Connolly
28. “Forget trendy designer labels. Jeans, a sweater or a t-shirt worn under a jacket that seems welded to you. When it’s just right, when you don’t see the effort, it’s irresistible.” — Emmanuelle Alt
29. “Boy, if my folks would only let me work. Then I could do all the things I want to do. I could take you dancing, the way you like to go, places you like to go to. You know, they need welders. They need ‘em worse than soldiers.” — Frank ‘Frankie’ Hauser
30. “It’s what they do. If you’re a welder and all of the sudden you’re not the most popular welder on the block, are you going to quit welding? It’s the same with any other occupation. Nobody should expect them to quit doing what they do.” — Ray Waddell
Motivational welding quotes
Welders must be given motivation for their work. And these quotes will act as a source of inspiration for welders.
31. “I never dreamed I’d grow up to be a perfect welder. But here I am, killing it.” — Unknown
32. “Welding torches, cutting torches and any activity producing a flame outside is prohibited. Any open flame is discouraged.” — John Glover
33. “Yet war, force, terror, and propaganda were the evolutionary means employed to weld the German people into a tribal whole.” — Arthur Keith
34. “It is the State which educates its citizens in civic virtue, gives them a consciousness of their mission and welds them into unity.” — Benito Mussolini
35. “A welder is someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. You can also call us wizards.” — Unknown
36. “They have stoked the furnaces and hurried the factory wheels. They have made the planes and welded the tanks. Riveted the ships and rolled the shells.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
37. “My childhood was really nice. My parents never forced me to do anything; it was always, “If you want to do that, fine.” When I told my father I was going to be an actor, he said, ‘Fine, but study welding just in case.’” — Robin Williams
38. “It has taken a great deal of energy, which has not been so difficult to summon as the necessary patience to wait, simply wait much of the time – until my instincts assured me that I had assembled my materials in proper order for a final welding into their natural form.” — Hart Crane
39. “Once you become successful, people know where you live, the type of house you live in, the kind of car you drive, the clothes you wear, and so it would be patronising to go and talk like a welder. Welding’s a mystery to me now. You can’t go back, your life changes every day.” — Billy Connolly
40. “I worked in a steel mill, I worked in a foundry, I worked in a paper mill, I worked in a chemical refinery, construction, I did all that. It was great work, it was good. I learned welding, mechanic, carpentry, but it saved me from going back to prison because that’s helpful. It’s really sad because those jobs are gone.” — Luis J. Rodriguez
Promotional welding quotes
Many famous personalities have promoted welding through quotes. Below are some of those welding quotes.
41. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. And that’s why I never ‘work’ while I am welding.” — Unknown
42. “It is the soldier and the army, not parliamentary majorities and decisions, that have welded the German Empire together. I put my trust in the army.” — Wilhelm II
43. “He makes a great mistake… who supposes that authority is firmer or better established when it is founded by force than that which is welded by affection.” — Terence
44. “I became a welder. I was actually becoming an Engineer, and I joined the wrong queue. And so I became a welder, without knowing what a welder was.” — Billy Connolly
45. “Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an actor, he said, ‘Wonderful. Just have a backup profession like welding.’” — Robin Williams
46. “I enrolled in welding the program because the welding we did in sculpture class was just enough to whet the appetite. I wanted to know how to properly work with the metal in my sculpture.” — Betty Gardner
47. “We are using new technologies in meaningful ways. To build our new refinery in 60 percent of the time it took to build our first, we are training 20,000 people in a new generation of welding technology in six months.” — Mukesh Ambani
48. “I think one of the worst things schools have done is taken out all of the stuff like art, music, woodworking, sewing, cooking, welding, auto-shop. All these things you can turn into careers. How can you get interested in these careers if you don’t try them on a little bit?” — Temple Grandin
49. “Apple does all of its research and development in America. It has all these brilliant people sitting in Silicon Valley. But until recently, Apple made nothing in America. Zero. And the jobs that were accessible to a good, well-trained worker that knew how to do welding or assembly, none of those jobs had stayed in America. We don’t have the workforce.” — Michael Porter
50. “But art is not relative to perfection in any tangible sense. It is our coarse antennae trembling blindly as it traces the form of Origin, tastes the ephemeral glue welding us, yearning after the secret of ineluctable evolution, and wonders what this transformation will mean. In my mind, here was the best kind of art-the kind hoarded by rich and jealous collectors in their locked galleries; hidden from the eyes of the heathen masses, waiting to be shared with the ripe few.” — Laird Barron
Which welding quote did you love the most?
Welding is a complicated process that demands great skills and precision.
Welders must be appreciated for their great work and services because they make our lives easier.
These welding quotes and sayings offer motivation, information, and inspiration, especially for those in this field.
The best thing, most of the quotes are from leading welders.
If you like these quotes, please let us know by commenting in the section below.