If you are interested in reading some inspirational Sri Sri quotes, this article could be more than helpful.
Here, we have created a list of the top Sri Sri quotes that are worthy to share.
In addition, you can also find some valuable information about Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
A Brief Introduction to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
He is popular as Sri Sri or Guru ji.
He has been serving as a spiritual leader and yoga guru since the mid-1970s.
Sri Sri also worked under the supervision of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
Hence, he stands out as a leading figure around the globe.
During his teachings, Sri Sri promotes the following:
- Inner Peace
Ravi Shankar was born on May 13, 1956, in Tamil Nadu, India.
Since his childhood, Ravi Shankar has shown interest in meditation and spirituality.
He got trained in disciplines like:
- Vedic literature
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was his spiritual teacher, who is known for introducing Transcendental Meditation (TM).
At the age of 25, Ravi Shankar founded the foundation named “The Art of Living”.
It is a non-profit organization committed to fostering the well-being and peace of individuals living anywhere in the world.
The core areas of this foundation include:
- Breathing exercises
- Practical wisdom
Teachings and Humanitarian Initiatives
The teachings of Sri Sri extend beyond the ambit of personal well-being.
On the contrary, it also encompasses broader perspectives of humanity.
He is a strong advocate of social harmony and interfaith dialogue.
Sri Sri also engaged in peace initiatives in the conflict zones.
It helped with creating a sense of understanding among different communities.
“Sri Sri Rural Development Program” is one of his noteworthy humanitarian initiatives.
It focuses on education, development, and empowerment of people in rural areas.
Due to his efforts, vocational training institutes and schools have been constructed in the rural parts of India.
Controversy and Criticism
Just like any other popular figure, Sri Sri has also faced some kind of criticism.
Critics around the world have questioned a few of his stances and statements.
Most of the controversies relate to his statements regarding political and social issues.
Apart from this, some people are also concerned with the commercialization involved within the Art of Living Foundation.
Top 5 Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes
These are the top quotes of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar that are worth reading.
1. “Existence is a fact, living is an art.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
2. “Make your smile cheaper and anger expensive!” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
3. “Faith is realizing that you always get what you need.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
4. “The best form of worship is to be happy, to be grateful.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
5. “You should have desires, but the desires should not have you.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes About Reality of World
Here are some realistic quotes about the world that will open your eyes and transform your perception of the world.
6. “Let your smile change the world! Never let the world change your smile!” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
7. “There is nothing for you to take away from this world. You have come to give.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
8. “Problems are here in this world so that we can realize our purpose in this world.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
9. “Just open your eyes, shake your head, and look at what is happening in the world. It is amazing! This universe is amazing!” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
10. “When we look at the world through the eyes of the Master, the world will look so much more beautiful – not a nasty place, but a place filled with love, joy, compassion and all virtues.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes About Power of Mind
The following quotes talk about the power of the mind and show how to utilize this power properly.
11. “The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our minds.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
12. “Let the mind calm down, and the heart starts to open. Then everything will be very obvious.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
13. “Misery is not given by anyone or anything in life. It is your own mind which makes you miserable or happy and uplifted.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
14. “If there are ripples on the surface of a lake, we cannot see the depth. Similarly, unless the mind is restful, we cannot experience the harmony and union within us.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
15. “Your worries, your feelings, your thoughts arise in your own mind. You are totally responsible for all your feelings – how you feel, what you think, what you do… You are responsible.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes About Benefits of Meditation
Meditation is very beneficial for the mind and body. In these quotes, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar talks about various benefits of meditation.
16. “Meditate. A few minutes of deep meditation will connect you with the ocean of intuition deep within you.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
17. “Meditation is the only way you can transcend the negative thoughts, and then positive thoughts will come spontaneously & automatically.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
18. “In meditation, healing can happen. When the mind is calm, alert and totally contented, then it is like a laser beam – it is very powerful and healing can happen.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
19. “In Samadhi, that very deep state of meditation, you are given energy and long-lasting bliss. It carries you higher and higher until your very presence radiates love.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
20. “If you do not have good experiences in meditation, then do more seva. You will gain merit, and your meditation will be deeper. When you bring some relief or freedom to someone through seva, good vibrations and blessings come to you.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Quotes Related to Spiritual Practice
Explore profound wisdom and guidance for your spiritual journey with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s enlightening quotes on meditation, mindfulness, and inner peace.
21. “The source of your mind is love, and whatever you do to go to that source is spiritual practice.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
22. “The power of spiritual knowledge gives you centeredness, which brings out passion in work & dispassion in meditation.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
23. “When attention is given to the spiritual aspect of one’s life, it brings a sense of belongingness, and responsibility, compassion and caring for the whole of humanity.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
24. “When people lose faith in the natural goodness of the human character, the lack of trust in spiritual goodness, that is one reason why corruption has become so widespread today.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
25. “You should not delay the good things in life. Just do them. Whenever you get a chance to do spiritual practice or seva, don’t miss it. Those are the real precious moments of your life.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Which One of these Sri Sri Quotes is your Favorite?
The journey of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar from a young aspiring boy to a global spiritual leader is full of motivational facts.
He always promoted peace, harmony, and inner peace.
This is what you can expect for the Sri Sri quotes listed above.
We hope you have liked our collection and have shared it with your friends and family.
If you have come across a Sri Sri quote that inspires you the most, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Rather than doing nothing and getting sucked into a terrible rabbit hole, let’s explore ten ways to reinvent yourself so you – and your life – can become unstuck.
These books for men will help you discover who you want to be, what is holding you back, and how to create a path forward.
Wisdom, happiness, enlightenment. You need to read these wise sayings ASAP!
These inspirational quotes about breaking your limits will help you answer a few questions that could change the course of your life!
Check out these related quote articles:
Our latest collection of inner peace quotes on Everyday Power.
Life is full of ups and downs and many challenges, these religious quotes can help you to maintain peace through it all.
Whether you’re new to the practice of meditation or you just need some encouragement to continue on, these meditation quotes will inspire you to focus your mind and redirect your thoughts.
Soothing Breathe Quotes to Help You Relax
The breathe quotes we have compiled below will give you dozens of reasons to take a step back, relax, and breathe.