These donation quotes will inspire you to give your money, time, and even possessions, to worthy causes or people.
Donations are the key to charitable organizations, and there is an organization for nearly any cause.
So, what makes one worthy of donating to?
Your heart and passion will guide you to the answer—because you alone can decide if an organization is worth your gift!
For instance, if you are passionate about helping kids, then donating your children’s old clothes to your local department of children and families can help kids in foster care.
Do you love dogs and other animals?
I guarantee your nonprofit animal shelter will welcome blankets, food, and toys for the animals that live there.
Maybe you don’t have money to buy these things but still want to help.
This could be your opportunity to donate your time and serve your community.
Volunteering is a great way to experience the joy of giving!
Keep reading through these donation quotes for more about how giving makes you happier!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of giving quotes that make your heart melt.
Short donation quotes about giving
1. “No one has ever become poor from giving.” — Anne Frank
2. “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” — Brian Tracy
3. “Sometimes those who give the most are the ones with the least to spare.” — Mike Mclntyre
4. “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” — Maya Angelou
5. “It does not matter how much we donate; it matters whether the donation is meaningful.” — Ronnie Chan
6. “Making a donation is the ultimate sign of solidarity. Actions speak louder than words.” — Ibrahim Hooper
7. “Giving does not only precede receiving; it is the reason for it. It is in giving that we receive.” — Israelmore Ayivor
8. “Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return.” — Roy T. Bennett
9. “If you want your checkbook to follow your heart, make a donation to those doing work you support.” — Donna Brazile
10. “I think people forget that it doesn’t take a big donation to help someone, just a lot of little donations.” — Hannah Teter
Giving and donation quotes about happiness
11. “Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward heaven.” — Henry Ward Beecher
12. “Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.” — Ben Carson
13. “He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.” — Confucius
14. “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” — Booker T. Washington
15. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” — John Holmes
16. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
17. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
18. “The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.” — Albert Schweitzer
19. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “If nature has made you for a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your heart; and though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart is always full.” — Frances Hodgson Burnett
Donation quotes about life and humanity
21. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
22. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” — Pablo Picasso
23. “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” — Herman Melville
24. “If you’re in the luckiest one percent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 percent.” — Warren Buffett
25. “It’s easier to take than to give. It’s nobler to give than to take. The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thrill of giving lasts a lifetime.” — Joan Marques
26. “We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are always there for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.” — Jeff Warner
27. “The value of life is not in its duration but in its donation. You are not important because of how long you live; you are important because of how effective you live.” — Myles Munroe
28. “What a privilege to be here on the planet to contribute your unique donation to humankind. Each face in the rainbow of colors that populate our world is precious and special.” — Morris Dees
29. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” — Leo Buscaglia
30. “Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give time. We can give our expertise. We can give our love, or simply give a smile. What does that cost? The point is, none of us can ever run out of something worthwhile to give.” — Steve Goodier
More donation quotes to offer a new perspective and make you think
31. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” — Aesop
32. “Think of giving not as a duty, but as a privilege.” — John D. Rockefeller Jr.
33. “The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” — Dorothy Day
34. “Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.” — Francis of Assisi
35. “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” — Mahatma Gandhi
36. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” — Kahlil Gibran
37. “It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.” — Albert Einstein
38. “We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” — Mother Teresa
39. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” — President Barack Obama
40. “Wealth isn’t always measured in dollar signs. We each have time, talent, and creativity, all of which can be powerful forces for positive change. Share your blessings in whatever form they come and to whatever level you have been blessed.” — Jon M. Huntsman
Blood and organ donation quotes
41. “Donating money is great, but donating blood is even better.” — Unknown
42. “I’ve been involved with blood donation since the 1980s because there is a critical need.” — Donna Reed
43. “You can’t buy a life for someone with money, but you can save a life of someone by donating blood to him.” — Unknown
44. “Transplant is a life-changing ‘experience. Organ donation transforms lives. It is torture for you, torment for you as an individual in need.” — Andy Cole
45. “Ever since I got to know how easily skin donation can save the lives of serious burns patients, I have felt strongly about the issue.” — Paresh Rawal
46. “Owing to our Indian beliefs, not many believe in organ donation. But I think it’s an amazing thing to pledge the donation of organs and is not something people should look down upon.” — Richa Chadha
47. “The gift that has been given to me says much about our capacity for great compassion and generosity, and I hope it sends an inspiring message to others about the importance of organ donation.” — Steven Cojocaru
48. “I think you should automatically donate your organs because that would turn the balance of organ donation in a huge way. I would donate whatever anybody would take, and I’d probably do the cremation bit.” — George Clooney
49. “I think for us as people, when we can help someone with a blood transfusion, when we can help somebody with a monetary donation that can go towards research, to know that you can possibly save a life, it’s huge.” — Jason McCourty
50. “The decision to become a donor can save up to eight lives and enhance many more—men, women, and children who depend on the generosity and sacrifice of others. I encourage individuals of all ages and backgrounds to consider this unique opportunity to help those in need and to discuss this choice with friends and family.” — Barack Obama
How to decide what organization to donate to
Aristotle recognized that deciding who should get your donation is no easy task, saying, “To decide to whom to give it, and how large and when, and for what purpose and how, is neither in every man’s power nor an easy matter.”
You know that there is an organization out there that relates to something you are passionate about.
However, what if there are quite a few organizations that all deal with similar issues?
A feeling of purpose is a great reason to donate somewhere, but you might have to dig deeper to decide.
Here are a few things to consider when picking an organization or charity to donate to.
First, how much of a difference will your gift make?
Any donation, regardless of how big, matters.
After all, if 1,000 people all gave $1 to the same charity, then they would have $1,000 to work with!
The real question to pay attention to is how much of your gift goes to the actual cause.
For instance, some charities use over 90% of your gift toward their cause.
However, other charities keep a much larger portion of donations as fees.
You can use the website charitynavigator.org to help you know which one to give to.
Share some of your favorite charities with us in the comment section below.
December 1, 2022 6:28 AM EST