These adopting a dog quotes will inspire you to open your heart and home to needy canines.
Adopting a dog means bringing home a rescued, abandoned, or surrendered dog to keep as your pet.
There are many reasons to adopt a dog, but as you will learn, adopters often feel that the unconditional love dogs give is the best reason to have a dog in your life.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Tell us your favorite adopting a dog quotes in the comment section.
The benefits of reading Adopting a Dog quotes
Dogs provide us with so many things, like:
- emotional support
- the opportunity to learn responsibility.
Getting a dog from a shelter or dog rescue organization can provide a loving home for a pet that may have otherwise been euthanized.
Numerous studies also prove owning a dog comes with positive health benefits.
Owning a dog can improve physical and mental health by reducing stress, lowering blood pressure, and increasing exercise.
A 2017 American Journal of Cardiology study found that dog owners had a lower risk of heart disease than non—dog owners.
Another study published in the journal Scientific Reports found that dog owners had a lower risk of all-cause mortality compared to those who didn’t own dogs.
The study followed over 3.4 million people over 12 years and found that dog owners had a 20% lower risk of all-cause mortality.
But one of the most-reported benefits of dog ownership is having the love a dog gives.
Reading these quotes remind us why dogs are “man’s best friend.”
Adopting a dog quotes illustrate the deep connection between dogs and their owners and dogs’ incredible capacity to offer unconditional love and loyalty.
Enjoy these quotes about adopting a dog!
Top Ten Best Adopting A Dog Quotes
Here are the best quotes about dogs and why to adopt them.
1. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” — Charles M. Schulz
2. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” — Roger Caras
3. “No matter how you’re feeling, a little dog gunna love you.” — Waka Flocka Flame
4. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” — Ben Williams
5. “Adopting a dog is not a transaction; it’s an act of love and compassion.” — Cesar Millan
6. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” — Dean Koontz
7. “Adopting a dog isn’t just about saving them; it’s about the profound ways they save us.” — Pam Houston
8. “Adopting a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative.” — Mordecai Siegal
9. “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.” — Karen Davison
10. “Adopt a dog. They have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t even know we had.” — Thom Jones
Adopting a Dog Quotes about Why Dogs Are So Great
These quotes prove why dogs are so great and more people should adopt them.
11. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” — M.K. Clinton
12. “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” — Orhan Pamuk
13. “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” — Robert Falcon Scott
14. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billings
15. “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” — Konrad Lorenz
16. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent.” — Milan Kundera
17. “When you adopt a dog, you have a lot of very good days and one very bad day.” — W. Bruce Cameron
18. “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” — Christopher Morley
19. “Adopting a dog means choosing a family member who will always be there for you, no matter what.” — Dean Koontz
20. “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” — Samuel Butler
Quotes About Dogs’ Unconditional Love
As these quotes will show, perhaps the best reason to adopt a dog is their ability to love unconditionally.
21. “The loyalty of a dog is precious. It’s like a rare gemstone.” — Jenna Morasca
22. “A dog’s love is only second to that of a mother’s love.” — Radhika Mundra
23. “A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart.” — Judy Desmond
24. “The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.” — Michel Houellebecq
25. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” — M.K. Clinton
26. “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” — Robert Wagner
27. “Dogs have a way of finding the purest form of love and presenting it to us without hesitation or judgment.” — Dean Koontz
28. “The capacity for love that makes dogs such rewarding companions has a flip—side: They find it difficult to cope without us.” — John Grogan
29. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the Role Model for being alive.” — Gilda Radner
30. “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” — Roger A. Caras
Adopting a Dog Quotes About Rescue Dogs
You can see from these quotes that rescuing a dog in need is a powerfully rewarding experience.
31. “The unconditional love and loyalty of a rescue dog is a testament to the resilience of the canine spirit.” — Eileen Anglin
32. “Rescue dogs give us a second chance to appreciate the beauty of resilience and the power of forgiveness.” — Linda Bender
33. “When you rescue a dog, you rescue yourself from a life of ordinary and discover the extraordinary.” — Jennifer Skiff
34. “When you rescue a dog, you’re not just saving their life; they’re also saving yours in ways you never imagined.” — Julie Klam
35. “Rescuing a dog means opening your heart to a unique journey of healing, companionship, and unconditional love.” — Victoria Stilwell
36. “Rescue dogs aren’t broken, they’ve simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise.” — Doug Cooper
37. “Adopting a rescue dog is not only a commitment to them but also a commitment to yourself to live a more compassionate life.” — Tricia O’Malley
38. “The greatest joy of rescuing a dog is witnessing their transformation from a scared, neglected soul to a confident and loving companion.” — Suzanne Clothier
39. “There is something incredibly special about a rescue dog. It’s as if they know they’ve been given a second chance, and they never take it for granted.” — Bella Forrest
40. “It’s easy to see why dog rescue is a mushrooming culture. Turning a troubled person’s life around is difficult, but rescuers with commitment and time, and a few dollars can radically alter the fate of a dog. And there are millions of dogs – nearly 10 million in the shelter system, many others mistreated in private homes – in need of rescuing.” – Jon Katz
More Adopting A Dog Quotes
Here are more great adopting a dog quotes with various themes.
41. “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” — Agnes Sligh Turnbull
42. “A dog is like a person — he needs a job and a family to be what he’s meant to be.” — Andrew Vachss
43. “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” — Will Rogers
44. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” — Louis Sabin
45. “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” — Johnny Depp
46. “The dog is the perfect portrait subject. He doesn’t pose. He isn’t aware of the camera.” — Patrick Demarchelier
47. “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother — and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.” — Winston Pendleton
48. “The greatest fear dogs know is the fear that you will not come back when you go out the door without them.” — Stanley Coren
49. “A dog can never tell you what she knows from the smells of the world, but you know, watching her, that you know almost nothing.” — Mary Oliver
50. “A dog is not a thing. A thing is replaceable. A dog is not. A thing is disposable. A dog is not. A thing doesn’t have a heart. A dog’s heart is bigger than any ‘thing’ you can ever own.” — Elizabeth Parker
Why adopt a dog?
There are many reasons to consider adopting a dog instead of buying one from a breeder or pet store.
First, many shelters have limited space and resources, so when they become overcrowded, they euthanize animals to make room for new arrivals, even if the animal is healthy.
By adopting a dog, you’re supporting a good cause and giving a homeless animal a second chance at life.
With adoption, you also get a large variety of dogs to choose from.
Shelters and rescues have a wide variety of dogs available.
You can often find dogs of different breeds, sizes, ages, and personalities to fit your lifestyle and preferences.
Third, the cost is lower.
Adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue organization is almost always less expensive than buying a dog from a breeder or pet store.
The adoption fee typically covers the cost of spaying or neutering, vaccinations, and other medical care that the dog may need.
Adopting a dog can be a rewarding experience for both the dog and the owner and can provide a loving home to a dog in need.
If you enjoyed this article, check out our Marley and Me quotes about the love of a dog.
Tell us your favorite quote in the comment section.
If you liked reading these adopting a dog quotes, click the Share button to share them with others.