They say that wisdom comes with age, and these wise sayings and wisdom quotes will give you better judgment and a sense of purpose in life.
We could all use a little more wisdom to help us make it through the day.
Tell us your favorite wise quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these wise quotes?
These quotes are from famous people, authors, and influential figures who we could all learn something from.
The wise words of others can help you:
- Learn from the mistakes of others
- Gain perspective from people who see things differently
- Make better choices
Learning from someone else’s wisdom can save us some heartbreak and help us make better decisions daily!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Inspiring and wise sayings about life
1. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on witty quotes.
2. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
Start with you. Start where you are. Changing the world is an exciting idea. Changing yourself makes it possible.
You will also enjoy our article on learning quotes and sayings.
3. “Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.” ― Gautama Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
4. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
5. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
You will also enjoy our article on wise past quotes.
6. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on chinese proverbs quotes.
7. “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” – Voltaire
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational faith quotes and sayings.
8. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
You will also enjoy our article on opportunity quotes.
9. “You can never plan the future by the past.” — Edmund Burke
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings.
10. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
11. “Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean.” ― Bob Dylan
Being wrong is just as powerful as being right. Sometimes, it’s even more powerful.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Bob Dylan quotes from the iconic Folk singer.
12. “You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.” ― Gautama Buddha
Once you’re angry, the harm is already done.
13. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
14. “Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.” ―Rumi
15. “Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.” ―Irving Berlin
16. “Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato
17. “People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “On every thorn, delightful wisdom grows. In every rill a sweet instruction flows.” – Edward Young
19. “It’s not the load that weighs you down, it’s how you carry it.” – C.S. Lewis
20. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t forget to also read these wise Uncle Iroh quotes celebrating his endless wisdom.
Wise sayings about life and living it to your best
21. “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
22. “Wise men make more opportunities than they find.” – Francis Bacon
23. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
24. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
25. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
26. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
27. “Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul.” – Rebecca West
28. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
29. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Lou Holtz
30. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
Wise sayings about life lessons
31. “If others tell us something we make assumptions, and if they don’t tell us something we make assumptions to fulfill our need to know and to replace the need to communicate. Even if we hear something and we don’t understand we make assumptions about what it means and then believe the assumptions. We make all sorts of assumptions because we don’t have the courage to ask questions.” ― Miguel Ruiz
The only thing worse than making assumptions is to believe them.
32. “Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.”―Paulo Coelho
33. “I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I’m actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons.” – Drew Barrymore
34. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – The Notebook
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of The Notebook quotes from the movie.
35. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy. ” ― Anthony Robbins
Don’t let your pain stay as pain. Get something from it. Let your pain push you towards growth.
Wisdom doesn’t have to be bleak. Let your understanding help you recognize the unexplainable.
What is wisdom exactly? Wisdom is defined as, “the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement.”
If we’re lucky enough to have parents, mentors and advisors, then we have heard plenty of wise sayings and quotes about life.
We also know that you can’t just hear it once.
Life’s wisdom can often miss us because life moves so fast, that we have to practice standing still.
In many cultures and religions across the world, gaining wisdom is the ultimate goal.
Wisdom is seen as the highest form of understanding, which can lead you towards enlightenment.
Something I’ve learned in life is that my favorite quotes and sayings can often become principles to live by.
I hope these wise sayings about life can serve as guidelines for greater happiness, fulfillment, connection, and meaning.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of goal setting quotes that will inspire you to achieve and put you on the path to get there. And these words of wisdom that will get you inspired and uplifted.
Growing isn’t something that happens once. It happens again and again, and again!
36. “This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
Life = Love
37. “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.” ― Haruki Murakami
38. “Man is a mystery. It needs to be unravelled, and if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don’t say that you’ve wasted time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be a human being.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Everything you do and have done has gotten you closer to who you really are and who you aspire to be. So in essence, even if you disagree with what you have done, it was never time wasted.
39. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” – Denis Waitley
40. “A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own.” – Latin Proverb
Don’t forget to also check out these history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
Wise sayings to help us learn
41. “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.” – Al Franken
42. “A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.” ― Gautama Buddha
Words only go so far, we must live our message. Our true wisdom is displayed through our actions.
43. “The seat of knowledge is in the head, of wisdom, in the heart.” – William Hazlitt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of knowledge quotes for those who love learning.
44. “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” – Harper Lee
45. “To be successful, you must act big, think big and talk big.” – Unknown
46. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
47. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
48. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ― Gautama Buddha
Before you pour your love into someone else, fill yourself up first.
49. “We seldom realize, for example that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society.” ― Alan Wilson Watts
Let’s be mindful of what we identify with and hold on to. Many times we think, “That’s just who I am, that just what I think…” But the truth is, many things we think and desire are not our own. Since our childhood, we’ve been looking for attention and acceptance and most of the time that came from ‘following directions’. Take some time to think about how you think.
50. “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” – John C. Maxwell
Wise sayings to broaden your thoughts
51. “In order to be happy oneself, it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.”– Theodor Reik
52. “Everyone in life is gonna hurt you; you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Erica Baican
Don’t forget to also check out these pieces of life advice that can change your life.
53. “A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” – Thomas Carlyle
54. “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
55. “There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
56. “No one ever finds life worth living – one has to make it worth living.” – Winston Churchill
57. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”– Les Brown
58. “An unexamined life is not worth living.”– Socrates
59. “Life is much more fun if you live it in the spirit of play and collaboration, working with instead of against others.” – Wally Amos
60. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”– Vince Lombardi
61. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
62. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
63. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of experience quotes that will inspire you to live a fulfilled life.
64. “I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.”– C.G. Jung
65. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”– Stephen Chbosky
Wise sayings and quotes to enlighten you
66. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of life changing quotes about love, life and death.
67. “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” – Matt Cameron
68. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
69. “Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
70. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” – Henry Ford
71. “Life is a question and how we live it is our answer.” – Gary Keller
72. “Today is life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” – Dale Carnegie
73. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
74. “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.” – Les Brown
75. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” – Jack London
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these karma quotes about what goes around & comes around in our life.
Wise sayings about life that will move you
76. “Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one’s aim.” —John D. Rockefeller
77. “Don’t waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.” – Paulo Coelho
78. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain
79. “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whippings.” – Les Brown
80. “When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective.” —George C. Marshall
81. “If we manage ego wisely, we get the upside it delivers followed by strong returns.” – Dave Marcum
82. “Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” —Henry Van Dyke
83. “Be wiser than other people, if you can; but do not tell them so.” – Lord Chesterfield
84. “There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” – Stephen Covey
85. “…just because we feel a certain way doesn’t make that feeling a fact. It only means that we feel that way. We must learn to press past our feelings.” – Joyce Meyer
You might also like these I’m Sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
Wise sayings about life to encourage you
86. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
87. “I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.”– Harold Kushner
88. “There is no life as complete as the life that is lived by choice.” – Shad Helmstetter
89. “Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.” – Rose Kennedy
90. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”– Vivian Komori
91. “Life is short, and truth works far and lives long: let us then speak the truth.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
92. “All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words.”– Ming-Dao Deng
93. “Don’t search for the meaning of life. Simply be present for the people you love.” – Maxime Lagacé
94. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience, and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
95. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
Wise sayings to brighten your day
96. “Even when you have doubts, take that step. Take chances. Mistakes are never a failure – they can be turned into wisdom.” – Cat Cora
97. “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.”— Benjamin Disraeli
98. “Wisdom is the power to put our time and our knowledge to the proper use.” – Thomas J. Watson
99. “When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.”— Blaise Pascal
100. “Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought.” – Henri Bergson
101. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.”– Florence Nightingale
102. “A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can let alone.” – Henry David Thoreau
103. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”– Abraham Lincoln
104. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
105. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.”– Richard Branson
You might also like these quotes on life lessons to help you move on.
Wise sayings to inspire success
106. “Life isn’t complicated if you don’t break your concentration on your true vision.” – Robert Randle
107. “Wake up to realities! Real life is all about real things!”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
108. “Life is like a roller coaster / you will have your ups and your downs / you just need to get over it.” – Angelina Sabia
109. “Be smart, not impulsive!”― Bohdi Sanders
110. “Life is too short to be little. You must enlarge your imagination and then act on it.” – Benjamin Disraeli
111. “It’s easier to be wise for others than for yourself.”― R.J. Lawrence
112. “Life is a lively process of becoming.” – Douglas Macarthur
113. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of listening quotes that express the importance of listening.
114. “If you do not have control over your mouth, you will not have control over your future.”― Germany Kent
115. “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.”– Albert Ellis
Wise sayings to elevate your thoughts
116. “Life is given to us / we earn it by giving it.” – Rabindranath Tagore
117. “Never let anyone put you in chains.”― Abhijit Naskar
118. “Life is a divine adventure.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
119. “A wise person says well what he or she thinks, but is wary of himself or herself and what he or she says.”― Lamine Pearlheart
120. “Every life is worthy and every life is capable of greatness. We have an obligation to make sure that opportunity for greatness is there.” – Condoleezza Rice
121. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” – Scott Hamilton
122. “If you are what you eat, you are what you see and hear.”― E.A. Bucchianeri
123. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
124. “The circumstances surrounding your birth is not as important as the opportunity to live life.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
125. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”– William Shakespeare
You might also like these community quotes on living for others.
Wise sayings to live by
126. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”― J.K. Rowling
127. “The weak are dominated by their ego, the wise dominate their ego, and the intelligent are in a constant struggle against their ego.”― Hamza Yusuf
128. “Laughter is poison to fear.”― George R.R. Martin
129. “I believe in only one thing, the power of human will.”― Joseph Stalin
130. “Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!”― Karl Lagerfeld
131. “Be beautiful if you can, wise if you want to, but be respected – that is essential.”― Anna Gould
132. “I don’t fancy colors of the face, I’m always attracted to colors of the brain.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
133. “The choice to make good choices is the best choice you can choose. Fail to make that choice and on most choices you will lose.”― Ryan Lilly
134. “Like a missing tooth, sometimes an absence is more noticeable than a presence.”― Jodi Picoult
135. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
You’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Wise sayings and words of advice
136. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”― Roy T. Bennett
137. “Don’t do anything that you wouldn’t feel comfortable reading about in the newspaper the next day.”― Joel Osteen
138. “Guard well your thoughts when alone and your words when accompanied.”― Roy T. Bennett
139. “No matter how tiny you look, you can lead huge men if you have what the huge men don’t have.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
140. “Begin, be bold, and venture to be wise.”― Horace
141. “I don’t agree that when you love, you are blind or fool. You just get wiser and see clearer what is best and of worth.”― Hark Herald Sarmiento
142. “The wisest men follow their own direction.”― Euripides
143. “True beauty is measured by the number of pearls within you, not those around your neck.”― Suzy Kassem
144. “Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.”― Helen Keller
145. “Advantages never come free. You have to create it the way you want it!”― Ashish Patel
You might also like these wise Native American quotes on community, respect, and more.
Positive and wise sayings
146. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – Aristotle
147. “In order to write about life first you must live it.”– Ernest Hemingway
148. “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.” – Seneca
149. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.”– Henry Ford
150. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
151. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
152. “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” – Marcus Aurelius
153. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” — LeBron James
154. “Happiness and freedom begin with one principle. Some things are within your control and some are not.” – Epictetus
155. “Life is a flower of which love is the honey.” — Victor Hugo
Wise sayings to inspire you to success in life
156. “Life is a mountain. Your goal is to find your path, not to reach the top.” – Maxime Lagacé
157. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
158. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
159. “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – St. Augustine
160. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
161. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
162. “Difficult and meaningful will always bring more satisfaction than easy and meaningless.” – Maxime Lagacé
163. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
164. “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.” – Forrest Gump
165. “Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life.” – Snoopy
Wise sayings to make the most out of your life
166. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
167. “Which way you choose to see your life in the future depends on your attitude today.” – Amy E. Dean
168. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
169. “We never have more than we can bear. The present hour we are always able to endure.” – H. E. Manning
170. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” – Rosa Parks
171. “I not only use all the brains that I have but all that I can borrow.” – Woodrow Wilson
172. “Do not be wise in words be wise in deeds.” – Jewish Proverb
173. “In simple manners all the secret lies. Be kind and virtuous, you’ll be blest and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
174. “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.” – Albert Einstein
175. “Life often teaches us through our wrong turns and missed possibilities.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
More wise sayings about life
176. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” —Mother Teresa
177. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
178. “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” —Plutarch
179. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
180. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” —George Addair
181. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
182. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
183. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
184. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” – Confucius
185. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Wise quotes to help you through life’s challenges
186. “Lost time is never found again.” — Benjamin Franklin
187. “He that respects himself is safe from others.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
188. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
189. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into place.” — Lucille Ball
190. “Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
191. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
192. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” — Aristotle
193. “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.” — Dalai Lama
194. “It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
195. “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.” — Nelson Mandela
Wise sayings about success
196. “Success is a journey, not a destination.” – Arthur Ashe
197. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
198. “Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals.” – Paul J. Meyer
199. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
200. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
201. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
202. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
203. “You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.” – Philippos
204. “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey
205. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
More wise sayings to inspire and teach
206. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West
207. “Get busy living or get busy dying.”― Stephen King
208. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde
209. “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.”― Cassandra Clare
210. “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”― Allen Saunders
211. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”― Roy T. Bennett
212. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”― Kurt Vonnegut
213. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.”― Margaret Mitchell
214. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”― Albert Einstein
215. “The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.”― Kalu Ndukwe Kalu
Short Wise Sayings
216. “There are no mistakes, only opportunities.” – Tina Fey
217. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.” – Helen Keller
218. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” – Kate Winslet
219. “Life is too short to live others’ dreams.” – Catherine Pulsifer
220. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
221. “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” – Charles Schulz
222. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
223. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss
224. “Failure is another stepping-stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
225. “It’s not knowing what to do, it’s doing what you know.” – Anthony Robbins
Deep words of wisdom about life
226. “Short cuts make long delays.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
227. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.” – Michelle Obama
228. “There is no tomorrow and there was no yesterday; if you truly want to accomplish your goals you must engulf yourself in today.”― Noel DeJesus
229. “Seek to understand before you seek to be understood.” – Stephen Covey
230. “If you do not have control over your mouth, you will not have control over your future.”
― Germany Kent
231. “Knowledge is meaningful only if it is reflected in action.” – Robert Fulghum
232. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
233. “Thank you consists of just eight letters that form two of the most meaningful words in the English vocabulary.” – Deborah Norville
234. “The biggest lesson I had in my life was failure.” – Tim Rice
235. “Life is more meaningful when you are always looking to grow and working toward a goal.” – Les Brown
Wise Sayings About Life That Will Change Your Perspective
236. “To live, pray. To learn, read. To love, give. To listen, pay attention. But to be wise, apply all that you have acquired.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
237. “There is a time to plan, a time to act, and a time to rest; it is wise to know which is which.” ― Emily Rodda
238. “Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ― Roy Bennett
239. “The only way to see everything, my dear, is to see it absolutely.” ― Sherry Lynn Ferguson
240. “Sometimes we have to soak ourselves in the tears and fears of the past to water our future gardens.” ― Suzy Kassem
241. “Faith keeps our ships moving, while empathy and the memories of our experiences lead to wisdom.” ― Suzy Kassem
242. “Your life is not a simulation; it’s the real game. Play wisely.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
243. “A wise warrior learns from her mistakes.” ― Leigh Bardugo
244. “A man without dignity is a man without hope.” ― Andreas Chrysaphēs
245. “Using pride wisely requires a solid grasp of when and why it can go wrong.” ― David DeSteno
Powerful Wise Sayings About Life To Keep You Going
246. “Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice.” — Henry Ford
247. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” — Rumi
248. “You don’t get character because you’re successful; you build character because of the hardships you face.” — Herman Edwards
249. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” — Confucius
250. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” — Jim Rohn
251. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle Onassis
252. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” — Confucius
253. “The less you try to impress, the more impressive you are.” — Denis Waitley
254. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” — Albert Einstein
255. “Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.” — Oprah Winfrey
Wise Quotes To Help You Change Your Life For Better
256. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
257. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).” ― Mark Twain
258. “Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish.” ― Quintilian
259. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our
lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow we win out.” ― Ronald Reagan
260. “You’ve heard that it’s wise to learn from experience, but it is wiser to learn from the experience of others.” ― Rick Warren
261. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” ― Wayne Dyer
262. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” ― Tony Robbins
263. “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
264. “Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It’s a journey of discovery – there are moments on mountaintops and moments in deep valleys of despair.” ― Rick Warren
265. “The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.” ― Aristotle
Wise Sayings About Life To Keep You Pushing Through
266. “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn’t happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” ― Elizabeth Scott
267. “Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage: it can be delightful.” ― George Bernard Shaw
268. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.” ― Albert Einstein
269. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ― Robert Breault
270. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” ― Marcus Aurelius
271. “Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important. Capture the good times. And if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
272. “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.” ― Albert Camus
273. “Be comforted, dear soul! There is always light behind the clouds.” ― Louisa May Alcott
274. “You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated.” ― Maya Angelou
275. “Life is short, Break the Rules. Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably And never regret ANYTHING That makes you smile.” ― Mark Twain
Did you learn from these wise sayings?
Words of wisdom from individuals of all different backgrounds can teach us important life lessons.
Through the years, great men and women have imprinted their wisdom on us by way of their wise words.
And because of them, their contributions have made this world a better place to live in.
Hopefully, these wise sayings will guide you towards greater happiness, fulfillment, connection, and meaning.
Did you enjoy these wise sayings?
What other wise sayings about life would you like to share with us?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
January 27, 2023 5:00 AM EST