If you love following the adventure of Princess Jasmine, Aladdin, and the Genie, you’ll love this curated list of Aladdin quotes and sayings.
Back in 1992 one of the most popular Disney movies came out—Aladdin. Kids everywhere fell in love with the humor of the Genie played by Robin Williams and the story of Aladdin working to win the heart of Princess Jasmine.
And if that weren’t good enough, the movie was remade as a live-action film in 2019 with Will Smith filling the role of the Genie. While the storyline differed just a little, the movie was a hit for the old fans as well as new ones.
Below is our collection of interesting Aladdin quotes and sayings that will make your day. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also check out these Little Mermaid quotes that will make you sing under the sea.
Aladdin quotes about adventure
1. “A whole new world. A dazzling place I never knew, but when I’m way up here, it’s crystal clear that now I’m in a whole new world with you.” – Aladdin
2. “Sometimes, Princess, sometimes you just have to take a risk.” – Aladdin
3. “I’m sorry, Rajah, but I can’t stay here and have my life lived for me.” – Aladdin
4. “Maps are how I see the world.” – Aladdin
5. “You should see these places. I mean there’s a whole world outside of books and maps.” – Aladdin
6. “OH, does this feel good! Oh! I’m free! I’m free at last! I’m hitting the road! I’m off to see the world!” – Aladdin
Have you seen these hilarious Letterkenny quotes that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
Aladdin quotes on life lessons
7. “Like so many things, it is not what’s outside, but what is inside that counts.” – Aladdin
8. “Here’s the thing about wishes. The more you have, the more you want.” – Aladdin
9. “You’re only a fool if you give up, boy.” – Aladdin
10. “I made you look like a prince on the outside, but I didn’t change anything on the inside. Prince Ali got you to the door, but Aladdin has to open it.” – Aladdin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Little Prince quotes about life.
11. “You aren’t just some prize to be won. You should be free to make your own choice.” – Aladdin
12. “If I were as rich as you, I could afford some manners!” – Aladdin
13. “Desperate times call for desperate measures, my lord.” – Aladdin
14. “People don’t see the real you when you’re royalty.” – Aladdin
15. “Trouble? No way, you’re only in trouble if you get caught.” – Aladdin
16. “But oh, to be free. Not have to go poof! What do you need? Poof! What do you need? Poof! What do you need? But to be my own master, such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world.” – Aladdin
17. “You have got to be more confident about what you have to offer.” – Aladdin
18. “Things aren’t always what they seem.” – Aladdin
19. “Be specific with your words. The deal is in the detail.” – Aladdin
20. “You remember my mother used to say, “We would only ever be as happy as our least happy subject.” If she saw what I saw today, she would be heartbroken.” – Aladdin
21. “You can’t find what you’re looking for in that lamp, Jafar. I tried and failed, and so will you.” – Aladdin
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of inspirational Disney quotes about imagination and success.
Funny Aladdin quotes
22. “Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck!” – Aladdin
23. “I can’t take it anymore! If I gotta choke down one more of those moldy, disgusting crackers—BAM! WHACK!” – Aladdin
24. “Excuse me. Are you looking at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? & all of a sudden you’re gonna walk out on me? I don’t think so. Not right now! You’re getting your wishes, so SIT DOWN!” – Aladdin
25. “Oh, there’s a big surprise! I think I’m… ooh… I think I’m gonna have a heart attack and die from NOT surprise!” – Aladdin
26. “Jafar, Jafar, he’s our man, if he can’t do it then GREAT!” – Aladdin
27. “Yo, Rug man! Haven’t seen you in a few millennia. Give me some tassel.” – Aladdin
28. “Look at this! I’m so ticked off that I’m molting!” – Aladdin
29. “Hey, look at that Abu. It’s not often you see a horse with two rear ends.” – Aladdin
Also check out these memorable Sons of Anarchy quotes from the popular crime drama.
More Aladdin quotes
30. “Hey, I’m a street rat, remember? I’ll improvise.” – Aladdin
31. “I’m not worthless … And I don’t have fleas!” – Aladdin
32. “For the first time in my life, things are starting to go right.” – Aladdin
33. “Without you, I’m just Aladdin.” – Aladdin
34. “The ever impressive, the long contained, often imitated, but never duplicated … Genie of the lamp!” – Aladdin
35. “So here’s the basics. Step one, rub the lamp. Step two, say what you want. Step three, there is no step three. See? It’s that easy. You get three wishes. They must begin with rubbing the lamp and saying, “I wish.” Got it?” – Aladdin
36. “Master, I don’t think you quite realize what you got here. So, why don’t you just ruminate while I illuminate the possibilities.” – Aladdin
37. “I’m free. I’m free! Quick, wish for something outrageous, say, ‘I want the Nile.’ Wish for the Nile, try that.” – Aladdin
38. “Please, let me finish. I feared losing you, like I lost your mother. All I saw was my little girl, not the woman you have become. You have shown me courage and strength. You are the future of Agrabah. You shall be the next sultan.” – Aladdin
39. “You see, I was once like you. A common thief. Only I thought bigger. Steal an apple, and you’re a thief. Steal a kingdom, and you’re a statesman. Only weak men stop there. You’re either the most powerful man in the room, or you’re nothing. You, you stumbled upon an opportunity. I can make you rich. Rich enough to impress a princess. But nothing comes for free.” – Aladdin
40. “For now. But you’ll never have more power than the genie. You said it yourself, you’re either the most powerful in the room, or you’re nothing. You will always be second.” – Aladdin
41. “No,no. I didn’t actually wish to get out of the cave. You did that on your own.” – Aladdin
42. “You ain’t never had a friend like me.” – Aladdin
43. “The truth? Oh, the truth. Well, the truth is, I sometimes dress as a commoner to escape the pressures of palace life. But I really am a prince!” – Aladdin
Don’t forget to also check out our list of The Waterboy quotes that will remind you that “you can do it”
Aladdin quotes about love
44. “If I do marry, I want it to be for love.” – Aladdin
45. “How dare you. All of you. Standing around deciding my future. I am not a prize to be won.” – Aladdin
46. “A woman appreciates a man who can make her laugh.” – Aladdin
47. “On a scale from one to ten, YOU are an ELEVEN!” – Aladdin
48. “Al, you’re not going to find another girl like her in a million years. Believe me, I’ve looked.” – Aladdin
49. “Well, am I sultan, or am I sultan? From this day forth, the princess shall marry whoever she deems worthy.” – Aladdin
50. “Him! I choose … I choose you, Aladdin.” – Aladdin
You might also like these Jessica Rabbit quotes from the one-of-a-kind toon human.
Which of these Aladdin quotes is your favorite?
Are you ready to hit Disney+ to start watching Aladdin yet? It’s full of catchy songs and humor. If you haven’t watched it yet, it should be on your list today.
From adventure and love to fun, there are so many things to enjoy about these quotes. And, there are some great lessons to be learned from the movie such as the importance of being yourself, being true to your word, and not being afraid to take risks.
There is a great world to explore out there as you can see when Aladdin takes Princess Jasmine on a flying carpet ride. So, enjoy your favorite Aladdin quotes and then go have an adventure of your own.
Do you have any other interesting quotes to add? Which other movies or shows should we feature on Everyday Power? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 9, 2020 7:30 AM EST