These Amigas quotes will remind you to spend time with your female friends.
According to dictionary.com, the term “Amigas” is Spanish for “a female friend.”
Women need to have good amigas or female friends with whom they can share things.
Escapehaven.com says that “female friends reduce loneliness and isolation” and shares that research has shown that “close female friendships are more important for women than men.”
You will also enjoy our articles on:
Men and women are different, and although your husband or boyfriend may be a great listener, it is also important to have female friends to share your problems, feelings, and thoughts with.
Whether your amigas live close to you or far away, staying in contact with them through time with each other, phone calls, or simply text messages is important.
Take some time to read these Amigas quotes to remind you how important your female friends are.
Best Amigas Quotes to Share with Your Bestie
These quotes will make you appreciate your bestie even more.
1. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” — Sarah Dessen
2. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” — Euripides
3. “There is no way a man can understand you like a woman.” ― Jemima Kerke
4. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” — Elbert Hubbard
5. “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” — John Evelyn
6. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
7. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” — Sarah Dessen
8. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
9. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
10. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” — Anna Taylor
Frases de Amigas en Español
Disfruta de estas citas y refranes sobre la amistad.
11. “Si la amistad es un tesoro, gracias por ser parte de mi fortuna.”
12. “En la amistad, las alegrías son el doble de felices y las penas la mitad de tristes.”
13. “Una de las más bellas cualidades de la verdadera amistad es entender y ser entendido.”
14. “La historia de mi vida está escrita por mis mejores amigos”
15. “Los amigos son como las estrellas, no siempre podemos verlos pero; sin embargo, siempre están ahí.”
16. “La amistad es el más bonito de los regalos de la vida.”
17. “Los buenos tiempos y los amigos locos construyen los momentos más increíbles”
18. “Los amigos tienen el remedio de algunos de tus males, el resto los tiene el chocolate.”
19. “La vida te ofrece buenos amigos, pero para conseguirlos primero debes ser un buen amigo.”
20. “Un amigo es el que intenta levantarte cuando te has caido. Si no logra levantarte, se acuesta a tu lado para escucharte.”
Amigas Quotes to Celebrate Friendship
Celebrate life with your friends through the following quotes.
21. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” – Thomas J. Watson
22. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” — Jane Austen
23. “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” — Chelsea Handler
24. “Women’s friendships are like a renewable source of power.” — Jane Fonda
25. “If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — Winnie the Pooh
26. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” — Shanna Rodriguez
27. “Women instinctually know how to nourish each other, and just being with each other is restorative” ― Tanja Taaljard
28. “Abandon the cultural myth that all female friendships must be bitchy, toxic, or competitive. This myth is like heels and purses — pretty but designed to slow women down.” ― Roxane Gay
29. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession; friendship is never anything but sharing.” ―Elie Wiesel
30. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” — Ally Condie
Amigas Quotes Showing the Importance of Friendship
There are few things as important as friendship in life.
31. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
32. “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
33. “Rejoicing in our joy, not suffering over our suffering, makes someone a friend.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
34. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
35. “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” — Frances Ward Walker
36. “My friends have made the story of my life. In a thousand ways, they have turned my limitations into beautiful privileges.” — Helen Keller
37. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.” — George Santayana
38. “The companions of our childhood always possess a certain power over our minds which hardly any later friend can obtain.” — Mary Shelley
39. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” — Lois Wyse
40. “I love my husband, but it is nothing like a conversation with a woman that understands you. I grow so much from those conversations.” — Beyoncé
Amigas Quotes to Make You Smile
Find a smile on your face as you read these quotes and are reminded of your true amigas.
41. “I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much.” — L.M. Montgomery
42. “She’s my friend because we both know what it’s like to have people be jealous of us.” — Cher
43. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
44. “One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements.” — Marcelene Cox
45. “My friends and I are crazy. That’s the only thing that keeps us sane.” — Matt Schucker
46. “A good friend will help you move. But a best friend will help you move a dead body.” — Jim Hayes
47. “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
48. “Friends make you smile — best friends make you giggle ’til you pee your pants.” — Terri Guillemets
49. “There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one’s self, the very meaning of one’s soul.” — Edith Wharton
50. “I’ll stick to finding the funny in the ordinary because my life is pretty ordinary, and so are the lives of my friends — and my friends are hilarious.” — Issa Rae
How You Can Connect With New Amigas!
As an adult, it can be difficult to meet new women you want to be friends with, but it can be done, and don’t feel like every woman needs to be at the same friendship level.
If you have children, you can meet new friends at school events, take a yoga class or a different hobby class, or meet new female friends at church, just to name a few.
Please share these Amigas quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about your female friends in the comment section below.