“When you’re going through hell keep going.” – Winston Churchill
I love this quote because it’s a reminder that if we quit because we’re going through hell, we stay in hell.
Which might be the hell of regret, the hell of failure, the hell of not having given our best.
This inspires me to keep going and it’s a reminder that tough goals will have their dark days and we should be ready for them.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
1. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
You don’t break a world record on the first day. Most things start small but with persistence and consistency, we can achieve great things. So don’t worry about starting small, it’s all part of the process of achieving greatness.
2. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” -Vince Lombardi
If you want to hit a goal, set a stretch goal and go for that, and if you make it outstanding, if you miss, you still might hit your original goal. Whereas if you just aim for your goal,
even if you only miss it by 1% you’ve still failed, and we can always have mishaps along the way. So aim bigger than the goal and you may end up surprising yourself.
3. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” -Maya Angelou
We live in a world of 7 billion people, if we can raise others up and help them, we can make a bigger impact on the world. It’s not just about what we can achieve, it’s also about how we can help others achieve.
4. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” -Milton Berle
This is a great reminder that great people make great things happen. They don’t wait for it to come to them, they go out and create it. If we wait for our opportunity we could be waiting a long time, so go out, shake some trees and make it happen.
5. “There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” -Alexander the Great
Starting is the first step towards achieving but if we never start then we will never achieve anything. If we try, we might just surprise ourselves.
You will also enjoy our article on Alexander the Great quotes.
6. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
This quote reminds us that we shouldn’t settle just because we have had one success. We should be always looking to improve, doing the groundwork today for even greater success tomorrow.
7. “Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.” -Napoleon Hill
Opportunities are everywhere, even where we are right now. We just have to open our eyes and look. Too many people miss things that are right under their noses, and this quote is a great reminder because we may never get the chance to be somewhere else, so we can’t miss the opportunity to do something right here.
8. “What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?” -Robert H. Schuller
This quote is a great question to ask. It gets you to look beyond limitations, many of which are self-imposed. It gets us thinking about possibility which is a great mindset shift.
Our minds are very powerful and when we think in terms of possibility you never know what we may achieve.
9. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” -Thomas A. Edison
We shouldn’t stop striving until we are astounded by what we have achieved. When we do that, we know we are getting close to achieving our full potential.
10. “It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” -Amelia Barr
Simplicity is the key to achieving great things because complexity is the enemy of action. Without action, we will never achieve anything. Simplicity increases understanding which in turn increases belief.
Other inspirational quotes about seasons
11. “Even seasonal situations can bring with them lessons that last a lifetime. If the love doesn’t last, it prepares you for the one that will.” – Mandy Hale
12. “There is a season for everything under the sun, even when we can’t see the sun.” – Jared Brock
13. “Some of us will never know we’d owned someone’s heart for a season.” – Joyce Rachelle
14. “We’re not eighteen anymore. We’ve lived. We’ve created things that last things of joy, and things of burden.” – Dianna Hardy
15. “It was early summer. And everything, as it always does, began to heave and change.” – Helen Garner
16. “Every new season of your life will be an opportunity for you to learn and grow. Don’t celebrate the good without celebrating the bad because they both work together to prepare you for the next season of your life.” – Theresa Lewis
17. “Even nature has hidden lessons for mankind underneath its silent saga. The trees teach us to give without discrimination, the seasons proclaim that time keeps changing for the better and the vastness of the sky bears the amount of love we should hold in our hearts for everyone we come across throughout the day.” – Sanchita Pandey
18. “In life, we need to go through a naked tree season in order to turn nothingness into meaning.” – Luis Enrique Cavazos
19. “Conflicting egos destroy many relationships. Lasting, stable marriages are a true treasure because they demand that both parties adjust to the constant cellular flux of their partner as they metaphase through changing seasons of life.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
20. “You can’t reach your potential by remaining in a past due season. Your breakthrough is coming. Strongholds are breaking. Get Ready!” – Germany Kent
Inspirational Quotes For All Seasons of Life To Get Through Unstable Situtations
21. “Cherish every season of life; for without coldness, there is no comfort in warmth, and without darker days, there is no joy in light.” — Wes Fesler
22. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” — Dolly Parton
23. Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” — Babe Ruth
24. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” — LeBron James
25. “Expect to have hope rekindled. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
26. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
27. “Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.” — Celine Dion
28. “Every season of life has its compensations.” — Nellie L. McClung
29. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” — Frank Sinatra
30. Live for each second without hesitation.” — Elton John