Check out these incredible prove them wrong quotes to help you put your game face on and find your motivation.
There are two types of motivation in this world: internal and external.
Sometimes they work together to help us find the energy to accomplish big life tasks.
Tell us your favorite prove them wrong quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these prove them wrong quotes?
It is healthy to have the personal inner motivation that drives us to reach our goals.
However, it is also perfectly normal for us to draw energy from things outside of ourselves.
Often this type of motivation comes from:
- people who do not believe in us
Doubt is a part of life.
If we never face doubt, either from ourselves or from another, we will never know what it means to transcend limitations.
Draw motivation from whatever source you can and keep going.
Short prove them wrong quotes for Instagram
1. “They said you could not make it. Prove them wrong.” — Jon Jones
2. “I still have a lot to learn, and I still have a lot to prove.” — Holly Holm
3. “I can prove anything by statistics except the truth.” — George Canning
4. “Everyone was right about you—prove them wrong.” — Daniel Handler
5. “The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.” — Ernie Banks
6. “You prove your worth with your actions, not with your mouth.” — Jean Paul
7. “I love it when they doubt me, and I can prove them wrong.” — Brandon Rios
8. “There are always going to be skeptics. Prove them wrong.” — Robert Kiyosaki
9. “All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.” — Spike Milligan
10. “I love it when people doubt me. It makes me work harder to prove them wrong.” — Derek Jeter
Prove them wrong quotes to motivate you
11. “I don’t like compliments. No. I prefer criticisms; prefer to prove them wrong.” — Paul Scholes
12. “It takes vision and courage to create – it takes faith and courage to prove.” — Owen D. Young
13. “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” — Theodore Roosevelt
14. “When somebody underestimated me, it made me want to prove them wrong.” — Condoleezza Rice
15. “I don’t listen to people who say my dreams are impossible; I just work to prove them wrong.” — Liya Kebede
16. “I’ve heard about my size all my life. It makes you work that much harder. It’s gratifying to prove them wrong.” — Marcus Giles
17. “If anything, it gives me more enthusiasm and pushes me to do better in my career so I can prove them wrong.” — Nicole Polizzi
18. “The people who put you down don’t have to stop you from chasing your dreams. Stand up, and prove them wrong.” — Selena Gomez
19. “If people want to pigeonhole you, then just view it as an opportunity to prove them wrong and show that you are different to what they think you are.” — Gordon Gee
20. “In every position that I’ve been in, there have been naysayers who don’t believe I’m qualified or who don’t believe I can do the work. And I feel a special responsibility to prove them wrong.” — Sonia Sotomayor
Do you have to prove anything quotes
21. “I don’t have anything to prove anymore. I can relax.” — Paloma Picasso
22. “I don’t have to show anything to anyone. There is nothing to prove.” — Cristiano Ronaldo
23. “The good part about getting older is you stop trying to prove anything to anyone, including yourself.” — Twinkle Khanna
24. “I don’t have to prove myself to anyone. People know what I’m capable of. I’ve spent a long time in this game.” — Jose Reyes
25. “And when you cannot prove that people are wrong, but only that they are absurd, the best course is to let them alone.” — Thomas Huxley
26. “When I lose the sense of motivation and the sense to prove something as a basketball player, it’s time for me to move away from the game.” — Michael Jordan
27. “I’ve been fighting my whole career to show a different side and prove naysayers – not prove them wrong because I don’t think you should get your energy from negative people.” — Ice Cube
28. “All parents believe their children can do the impossible. They thought it the minute we were born, and no matter how hard we’ve tried to prove them wrong, they all think it about us now.” — Cathy Guisewite
29. “When we are in the grasp of illusion—or, for that matter, whenever we have a new idea – instead of searching for ways to prove our ideas wrong, we usually attempt to prove them correct.” — Leonard Mlodinow
30. “The next step is to learn to communicate with the people that you feel are causing your pain and misery- not to learn how to prove them wrong and yourself right but how to communicate from the heart.” — Pema Chodron
Prove them wrong quotes from people in a variety of professions
31. “No matter how many times people try to criticize you, the best revenge is to prove them wrong.” — Zayn Malik
32. “I only hope I can prove them wrong and give the idea of model-slash-anything a genuine chance.” — Karen Elson
33. “No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.” — Albert Einstein
34. “Prove the cynics wrong. Pity them, for they have no imagination. The sky’s the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now. Let’s dance.” — Tom Hiddleston
35. “At school, I fought sometimes. kids were saying that figure skating is a sport for the girls. Then I had to prove them wrong.” — Evgeni Plushenko
36. “One of my biggest desires has always been to prove certain people wrong – to prove to them I can do it despite what they think or say.” — Tony Dorsett
37. “What, I have actually loved it because I’ve been underestimated every step of the way, and it’s so exciting when you can prove them all wrong.” — Oprah Winfrey
38. “I have to work extra hard because I am dyslexic. People said that I couldn’t be an actress, but I’m proving them wrong. Acting has helped me overcome the challenge.” — Bella Thorne
39. “Everyone told me you can’t build a major tech company in Canada. There just aren’t enough investors or engineers, or top-level managers. Each day, I’m driven to prove them wrong.” — Ryan Holmes
40. “I am pushed by my critics. I don’t want to say I want to prove them wrong, but it pushes me on the field to play with a chip on my shoulder, and I play best when I have a chip on my shoulder.” — Hope Solo
Prove them wrong quotes to remember
41. “It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover.” — Henri Poincare
42. “I’ve always been a fighter. If you tell me I can’t, I’ll die trying to prove you wrong.” — R. A. Salvatore
43. “You just have to trust your instincts and hope that if someone doesn’t like your idea, you can prove them wrong in the final process.” — Bryan Singer
44. “If someone says the world is flat, maybe in proving them wrong, you can calculate the curvature of the Earth more precisely.” — Gavin Schmidt
45. “In every century, they were proved to be wrong. It follows that the one thing we can say about our modern ‘knowledge’ is that it is wrong.” — Isaac Asimov
46. “When assumptions were made that I was going to bail out, there was a little part of my brain that thought ‘I am going to do to prove them wrong.’ In the end, that wouldn’t be coming from my heart and doing what was right.” — Craig Stevens
47. “I say that democracy can never prove itself beyond cavil until it founds and luxuriantly grows its own forms of art, poems, schools, theology, displacing all that exists, or that has been produced anywhere in the past, under opposite influences.” — Walt Whitman
48. “I see people who die a few minutes after a doctor tells them there is no hope of a cure. They give up and go. Others get angry and find joy in proving the doctor wrong. Something within them is challenged and hopeful. Hope is the divine motivator.” — Bernie Siegel
49. “The caricature of science is that we hold tight to the theories we have and shun challenges to them. That’s just not true. In fact, we hold our highest rewards for those scientists who can prove others wrong. And by the way, they are famous in their own lifetimes. We don’t wait until they’re dead.” — Neil deGrasse Tyson
Prove things to yourself
An interesting phenomenon occurs when students attempt to prove others wrong.
When some students feel they cannot accomplish a task, having an adult or peer tell them they are incapable of something reinforces this idea and causes them to internalize this belief.
Other students are told they cannot accomplish something and use that as motivation to do otherwise.
Similarly, we see cases in the healthcare field where this also occurs.
Writer Bernie Siegel laments how he would “See people who die a few minutes after a doctor tells them there is no hope of a cure. They give up and go. Others get angry and find joy in proving the doctor wrong. Something within them is challenged and hopeful. Hope is the divine motivator.”
Some people wish to prove others wrong, while others want to prove something to themself.
All that matters is that you keep going.
Prove them wrong.
Tell us which prove them wrong quote most resonated with you using the comment section below.
If this article inspired you, don’t forget to click the share button.