Breadcrumbing quotes will help you identify if your love interest is just a user stringing you along!
Breadcrumbing is a way to lure in romantic partners by sending flirty but non-committal messages that keep them on the hook without expending much effort.
You might also like these related articles:
Here are some signs that you might be being breadcrumbed:
- They are secretive about their personal life
- You get no commitment, but they still text you often
- Communication or plans are mostly or all about sex
- Inconsistent responses and not following through on plans
- You feel bad about yourself after you talk or spend time with them
Those are all possible signs that you are being breadcrumbed, and if you are experiencing these, you need to end the relationship.
Take a look at these Breadcrumbing quotes to see if a user is steering your relationship!
Top Breadcrumbing Quotes
Here are some of the top quotes that apply to breadcrumbing relationships.
1. “The way they leave tells you everything.” — Rupi Kaur
2. “Respect yourself, and others will respect you.” — Confucius
3. “She remembered who she was, and the game changed.” — Lalah Delia
4. “She doesn’t need to see him go to know he is gone.” — Missy Marston
5. “We’ve all loved someone way too freaking much.”— Karen Salmonsohn
7. “When you get out of it, you realize how toxic it actually was.” — Steve Maraboli
8. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
9. “Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion.” — Javan
10. “The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will.” ― Robert Tew
Breadcrumbing Quotes to Help You Move On
If you’re getting breadcrumbed, these quotes will motivate you to move on.
11. “The hottest love has the coldest end.” — Socrates
12. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” — Hussein Nishah
13. “Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.” — Maya Angelou
14. “You know, a heart can be broken, but it keeps on beating, just the same.” — Fannie Flagg
15. “Your dignity should always be more important than your relationship status.” — Bruce Bryans
16. “You make me feel like a firefly. Trapped in a bell jar; starved for love.” ― Ayushee Ghoshal
17. “Love should not be a guessing game. In fact, it should not be a game at all.” — Carlos Salinas
18. “I seem to be torn between ‘I wish we’d met earlier’ and ‘I wish we’d never met.’” ― Ahmed Mostafa
19. “You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.” — Sonya Teclai
20. “Don’t light yourself on fire trying to brighten someone else’s existence.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
Breadcrumbing Quotes to Remember Your Worth
You are worth more than being strung along in a relationship. Find inspiration to value yourself with these quotes.
21. “It becomes easy to leave once you realize you didn’t belong there.” — Farhad Writings
22. “Just because someone desires you, does not mean that he values you.” — Julianne Cantarella
23. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts.” ― Donna Lynn Hope
24. “When you get ghosted, be happy they are on a one-way ticket with no return address.” — Julie Spira
25. “You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.” — Tene Edwards
26. “True love is not a hide-and-seek game. In true love, both lovers seek each other.” — Michael B. Johnson
27. “She hated that she was still so desperate for a glimpse of him, but it had been this way for years.” — Julia Quinn
28. “If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.” — Oprah Winfrey
29. “I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that.” — Steve Maraboli
30. “I was the stupid one again. I was the girl who never understood who she was to people.” — Carol Rifka Brunt
You Deserve Better than Breadcrumbing Quotes
These quotes will remind you that moving on and finding a healthier relationship is okay.
31. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” — Faraaz Kazi
32. “Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.” — Cheryl Strayed
33. “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
34. “He loved me. He loved me, but he doesn’t love me anymore, and it’s not the end of the world.” — Jennifer Weiner
35. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” — Shannon L. Adler
36. “One day you will find someone who will treat you like the most important person in [their] life and love you to the core.” — Aarli Rharana
37. “If you’re in a relationship and all you do is cry, you need to stop and ask yourself, are you dating a human or an onion?” ― Karen Salmansohn
38. “If you walked away from a toxic, negative, abusive, one-sided, dead-end, low vibrational, relationship or friendship – you won.” — Lalah Delia
39. “You don’t let go of a bad relationship because you stop caring about them. You let go because you start caring about yourself.” — Charles Orlando
40. “It is better for someone to break your heart once by leaving your life than for them to stay in your life and break your heart continually.” —Terry Mark
Additional Quotes to Encourage You if You’re Getting Breadcrumbed
Here are a few more relevant breadcrumbing quotes.
41. “We teach people how to treat us.” — Dr. Phil
42. “If you feel drained after spending time with someone, that’s a red flag!” — Doreen Virtue
43. “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass; if you stay, you will keep hurting.” ― Autumn Kohler
44. “Everyone’s allowed to be in love with the wrong person at some point. In fact, it’s a mistake not to be.” — Harriet Evans
45. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term.” ― Nicholas Sparks
46. “Relationships with narcissists are held in place by the hope of a ‘someday better,’ with little evidence to support it will ever arrive.” — Ramani Durvasula
47. “We all have that toxic people around us that make our lives miserable… The day we take them out from our lives, we will all become better people, including them…” ― Rodolfo Peon
48. “When we meet and fall into the gravitational pull of a narcissist, we are entering a significant life lesson that involves learning to create boundaries, self-respect, and resilience.” — Mateo Sol
49. “It seems that you can’t make people love or care for something that they don’t already love or care for. They either see your value and act accordingly, or they don’t, and you move on to someone that does.” — Carlos Salinas
50. “Relationships with a narcissist in a nutshell: you will go from being the perfect love of their life to nothing you do is ever good enough. You will give everything, and they will take it all and give you less and less in return.” — Bree Bonchay
What to Do if You Are Being Breadcrumbed
If you are getting breadcrumbed, you cannot tolerate this behavior.
You need to end the relationship and make sure that you have healthy self-esteem.
You deserve someone who wants to commit to you and shouldn’t settle for being used.
Share these Breadcrumbing Quotes with your dating friends, and let us know what quotes you like on the topic in the comments.