Looking for feelgood break up quotes that will help you overcome the pain of separation? Here you’ll find a collection of break up quotes to heal and inspire you.
We’ve all been through the pain of a break up and subsequent heartache. Especially from a fake person whom we trusted.
Sometimes we can’t find the right words to convey what we are feeling inside, or we are convinced that no one has ever felt the way we are feeling before.
We can lose perspective, optimism, and a belief that things will work out in the future for us.
It is at times like these when I think the words, songs, and heartbreak quotes from others touch a note with us to let us know that they have been through the same ordeal before – and survived it.
It also lets us know that we are not alone, and that we are understood. And what’s better is that it helps to ease the feelings of emptiness that are tearing us up inside.
Most importantly, they give us hope that this will pass, and that this was for the better in the long run.
To help and inspire you, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting break up quotes, break up sayings, and break up proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a collection of inspirational letting go quotes that will help you move on. Be sure to read that as well.
Best Break Up Quotes and Sayings Ever
1. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
2. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho
3. “When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” – Barney Stinson
4. “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” – Walter Anderson
5. “Passivity means death, activity is living. If you are passive, you allow negative things to come into your life.”
6. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
7. “One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” – Turcois Ominek
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of diamond quotes about the power of long lasting beauty.
8. “Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
9. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
Also check out these helpful divorce quotes to help you move on.
Quotes about breakups and heartaches
10. “It’s much more interesting to try and understand what binds two people together. Why we stay with each other is much more of a mystery than why we don’t.” – Jane Stanton Hitchcock
11. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
12. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
13. “Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing.” – Marcia Wieder
14. “Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.” – Genevieve Rhode
15. “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.” – Anonymous
16. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.” – Carl Sagan
17. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Anthony Robbins
18. “Be in love with your life. Every minute of it.” – Jack Kerouac
19. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us” – Alexander Graham Bell
20. “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
21. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
You might also like our list of ex quotes for when you’re going through a break-up.
Break up quotes for moving on
22. “In order to grow and to experience, one must leave his comfort zone. Very often this means that you have to do what you are afraid of in order to find what you didn’t know you were looking for. This takes a lot of courage.”
23. “Ask yourself, who would Columbus be today if he hadn’t had the courage to lose sight of the shore back then?”
24. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
25. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best, than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
26. “What is broken is broken.”
27. “The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can’t go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.” – Anonymous
28. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – E.M. Forster
29. “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” – Len Santos
30. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
31. “The the dreams break into a million tiny pieces. The dream dies. Which leaves you with a choice: you can settle for reality, or you can go off, like a fool, and dream another dream.” – Nora Ephron
32. “Was I bitter? Absolutely. Hurt? You bet your sweet ass I was hurt. Who doesn’t feel a part of their heart break at rejection. You ask yourself every question you can think of, what, why, how come, and then your sadness turns to anger. That’s my favorite part. It drives me, feeds me, and makes one hell of a story.” – Jennifer Salaiz
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of heart break quotes about moving on from a break up.
33. “Only time can heal his heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” – Miss Piggy
34. “It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted. It confuses you, because you think that your feelings were wrong and it makes you feel so small because it’s so hard to keep it inside when you let it out and it doesn’t come back. You’re left so alone that you can’t explain. Damn, there’s nothing like that, is there? I’ve been there and you have, too. You’re nodding your head.” – Henry Rollins
35. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” – Candace Bushnell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of girlfriend quotes every guy should read.
36. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?” – Donna Lynn Hope
37. “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, no just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.” – Carl Sandburg
38. “One makes mistakes; that is life. But it is never a mistake to have loved.” – Romain Rolland
39. “Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that it doesn’t get a day off.” – Demi Lovato
Don’t forget to also read these empowering cheating quotes that will help you heal.
Inspirational break up quotes about staying strong
40. “Some think that holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it’s letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
41. “I’m pretty horrible at relationships and haven’t been in many long-term ones. Leaving and moving on – returning to a familiar sense of self-reliance and autonomy – is what I know; that feeling is as comfortable and comforting as it might be for a different kind of person to stay.” – Carrie Brownstein
42. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley
43. “Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left.” – Jean Kerr
44. “I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose.” – Rita Rudner
45. “Bad days call for foods that are bad for your butt.” – H.M Ward
46. “I think a spiritual journey is not so much a journey of discovery. It’s a journey of recovery. It’s a journey of uncovering your own inner nature. It’s already there.” – Billy Corgan
47. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
48. “Hearts live by being wounded.” – Oscar Wilde
Inspirational quotes about breaking up
49. “When we’re incomplete, we’re always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we’re still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on — series polygamy — until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.” – Tom Robbins
50. “Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.” – Golda Meir
51. “It’s no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn’t even speak to each other if they met at a party.” – Nick Hornby
52. “I’ve always believed that if you don’t stay moving, they will throw dirt on you.” – Paul Anka
53. “When you break up with someone, and I’m not talking casual breakups here, it’s hard to take the sudden absence of such an important person in your life. It reminded me of when I’d stopped going to school and the weird uneasy feeling I’d gotten afterward, like I was forgetting to do something. My life until that point had pivoted around some form of education, and all of a sudden, it was gone. Homework, classes, running around, and then –bam – nothing but a life of work stretching out before you. No one prepares you for that feeling or even mentions it. You just suddenly have a gap and have to decide how to fill it. A break-up is like that gap, only much, much more painful. One day the person you talked to constantly or did stuff with is just absent. Gone. Poof. And even though I’m not one of those people who has to be in a relationship all the time, I was feeling at a loss.” – Lish McBride
54. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
55. “When someone leaves you, apart from missing them, apart from the fact that the whole little world you’ve created together collapses, and that everything you see or do reminds you of them, the worst is the thought that they tried you out and, in the end, the whole sum of parts adds up to you got stamped REJECT by the one you love. How can you not be left with the personal confidence of a passed over British Rail sandwich?” – Helen Fielding
56. “What’s that line from T.S. Eliot? To arrive at the place where you started, but to know it for the first time. I’m able to write about a breakup from a different place. Same brokenness. Same rock-bottom. But a little more informed, now I’m older. Thank God for growing up.” – Alanis Morissette
57. “The moving finger writes, and having written moves on. Nor all thy piety nor all thy wit, can cancel half a line of it.” – Omar Khayyam
58. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” – Nicholas Sparks
59. “Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono
60. “For a long time, the fact that I was divorced was the most important thing about me. And now it’s not. Now the most important thing about me is that I’m old.” – Nora Ephron
61. “To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose is the next best.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
62. “Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being.” – Jean-Yves Leloup
63. “You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” – John Green
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of miss you quotes to fill that loneliness in your heart.
64. “Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You’re aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus, or is boarding a different ship, and you just can’t be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn’t be.” ― C. JoyBell C.
65. “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” ― Katerina Stoykova Klemer
Have you seen these toxic relationship quotes and sayings that will encourage you to love yourself?
Inspirational relationship break up quotes about moving on
66. “And that’s when I know it’s over. As soon as you start thinking about the beginning, it’s the end.” ― Junot Díaz
67. “Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger” ― Sara Evans
68. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder
69. “Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.” ― Maggi Richard
70. “We ruined each other by being together. We destroyed each other’s dreams.” ― Kate Chisman
71. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ― Mandy Hale
72. “I wore your promise on my finger for one year, I’ll wear your name on my heart ‘till I die. Because you were my boy, you were my only boy forever.” ― Coco J. Ginger
73. “You go to work the next day pretending nothing happened. Your co-workers ask if everything’s okay and you tell them you’re just tired. And you’re trying to smile. And they’re trying to smile.” ― Richard Siken
74. “The quickest way to rectify that mistake (choosing the wrong person) is by learning from that, moving on, and choosing much more wisely in the future.” ― Greg Behrendt
75. “You don’t make me feel like you used to. That’s why I’m leaving. That’s why people leave each other. They come to their senses and get selfish again.” ― Henry Rollins
More break up quotes to help you move on
76. “When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better.”― Coco J. Ginger
77. “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” ― Amit Kalantri
78. “He looks like a runway model. How in the world am I going to be able to reject that? The world is so unfair. Seriously, it’s like turning Brad Pitt down for a date. The girl who could actually do it should win an award for idiot of the century.” ― Colleen Houck
79. “If you have to speculate if someone loves you and wants to be with you, chances are they don’t. It’s not that complicated. Love, in most cases, betrays the one feeling it. Don’t waste moments waiting and wondering. Don’t throw away your time dreaming of someone that doesn’t want you. No one is that amazing, certainly not the one who would pass you up.” ― Donna Lynn Hope
80. “To love someone enough to let them go, you had to let them go forever or you did not love them that much.” ― Diana Wynne Jones
81. “You put me through hell. On purpose. Made me suffer. And there’s no end in sight. I don’t know what the fuck you’re doing, ace, but this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde shit ain’t cutting it with me.” ― Sylvia Day
82. “I don’t balance you like you need.”
“What the hell does that mean?” he exclaimed.
My heart ached for him, and I was so sorry for what I’d done…but this was the truth of it all. “The fact that you have to ask says it all. When you find that person…you’ll know.” ― Richelle Mead
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of I’m sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
83. “It can be difficult to leave a long-term relationship, even when our inner-wisdom tells us it’s time to let go. At this point, we can choose to let go and endure the intense pain of leaving behind the familiar to make way for a new chapter in our life. Or we can stay and suffer a low-grade pain that slowly eats away at our heart and soul, like an emotional cancer. Until we wake up, one day and realize, we are buried so deep in the dysfunction of the relationship that we scarcely remember who we were and what we wanted and needed to be.” ― Jaeda DeWalt
84. “I remember one desolate Sunday night, wondering: is this how I´m going to spend the rest of my life? Married to someone who is perpetually distracted and somewhat wistful, as though a marvelous party is going on in the next room, which but for me he could be attending?” ― Suzanne Finnamore
85. “It’s easy to fall in love, Ben. The hard part comes when you want out.” ― Colleen Hoover
86. “Bittersweet? No, just bitter, the taste of your tongue. Words you can’t have back, so they linger.” ― Coco J. Ginger
87. “Either give me your hand, or end it now, and put us both out of our misery” ― Judith McNaught
88. “I used to loathe ambivalence; now I adore it. Ambivalence is my new best friend.” ― Suzanne Finnamore
89. “If you have ever, sir, been through a breakup of a romantic relationship that involved great love, you will perhaps understand what I experienced. There is in such situations usually a moment of passion during which the unthinkable is said; this is followed by a sense of euphoria at finally being liberated; the world seems fresh as if seen for the first time then comes the inevitable period of doubt, the desperate and doomed backpedaling of regret; and only later, once emotions have receded, is one able to view with equanimity the journey through which one has passed.” ― Mohsin Hamid
90. “When she left, it was like someone had ripped my heart out, crumbled it up like a flimsy piece of loose leaf paper and crammed it back into my chest. It somehow managed to work, but it would never, ever feel the same.” ― Steph Campbell
Break up quotes to help ease the pain
91. “If you really want closure… at some point, you have to shut the door.” — Jacki Wells Wunderlin
92. “The easiest way to teach someone how to treat you is to refuse to give them more opportunities to hurt you. Walk away…” — R.H. Sin
93. “Let go of your mistakes and failures. You can’t do anything about the past, but you can do something about right now.” — Joel Osteen
94. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.
95. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive. – Paulo Coelho
96. Heartbroken? Channel your sorrow to become worthy of love. The world will be yours. – Tapan Ghosh
97. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Violeta Parra
98. “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.” – Sarah Mlynowski
99. “When someone you love says goodbye you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you.” – Shannon L. Alder
100. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – M. Kathleen Casey
Break up quotes to help you move on and be happy again
101. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” – William Faulkner
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
102. “I think it’s important to realize you can miss something, but not want it back.” – Paulo Coelho
103. “I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I am better than that. Goodbye!”— Steve Maraboli
104. “You can only move on if you accept that it’s gone.” — The Goddess Rebellion
105. “Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.” – L. Ron Hubbard
106. “Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.”— Drake
107. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.”
– Jessica Hatchigan
108. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”– Deborah Reber
109. “Life moves on and so should we”– Spencer Johnson
110. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
Break up quotes to inspire and teach
111. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
112. “In order to truly value loyalty, you must first endure the affliction of betrayal.”― Thomas Merritt
113. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Socrates
114. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.”– Dan Brown
115. “Sharp is the arrows of a broken heart.” – Cassandra Clare
116. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”– Deepak Chopra
117. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”– Jack Kornfield
118. “Whatever happens, happens. Accept things and move on.” – Corey Johnson
119. “Life is short. You have to be able to laugh at our pain or we never move on.” – Jeff Ross
120. “Don’t wait. If it’s not right, move on.” – Andy Lau
Break up quotes to make you feel better
121. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain
122. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
123. “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted makeup.” – Marian Keyes
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
124. “Love is unconditional. Relationships are not.” – Grant Gudmunson
125. “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles. They’re reasons to break up.” – Patti Callahan Henry
126. “Don’t you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.” –Jo Blackwell-Preston
127. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
128. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
129. “Love lasts about seven years. That’s how long it takes for the cells of the body to totally replace themselves.” – Francoise Sagan
130. “My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping
but I shall go on living.” – Pablo Neruda
Positive break up quotes to make you strong
131. “A single heartbreak teaches you more than what a lifetime of schooling can.”― Vineet Raj Kapoor
132. “I love the ones who are in my life and make it amazing and I thank the ones who left my life and made it even more fantastic.”― Mr Never Give Up
133. “One doesn’t simply grieve the loss of a relationship. One grieves the loss of the possible future, as well as the wiping-out of the past.”― Katerina Stoykova-Klemer
134. “Being in a relationship has the tendency to deceive one into believing that there is someone without whom one cannot live.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
135. “That you were able to walk away, gives me my answer as plain as day.”― Alfa H
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
136. “I wanted to say “don’t leave me,” but I’m so tired of begging people to stay.”― R. YS Perez
137. “We looked into one another’s eyes, and I think we both knew in that instant that the past was behind us. We could never be to each other what we had been once.”― Ashley Weave
138. “The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day.”― Charles Dickens
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of wise Charles Dickens quotes on self-worth, love, and more.
139. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson
140. “Cease seeking a strangers heart to love when your own remains neglected.”― Sara Secora
141. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.”– Sarah Ban Breathnach
142. “Sometimes you’re going to have to let one person go a thousand different times, a thousand different ways, and there’s nothing pathetic or abnormal about that. You are human.”― Heidi Priebe
143. “You loved him enough to let him leave… Now you need to love yourself enough to let him go.”― Ranata Suzuki
144. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.”– Nicole Sobon
145. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”– Steve Maraboli
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
Break up quotes to enlighten you
146. “A breakup is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave then risk hurting yourself trying to pick up all of the broken pieces.” – Unknown
147. “Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.” —Cheryl Strayed
148. “Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve.” – Unknown
149. “Most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.” —Elle Woods, Legally Blonde
150. “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
151. “Eventually all the pieces fall into place… Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.” —Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
152. “It is the hardest thing not being able to talk to someone that you used to talk to every day.” – Unknown
153. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” —Lucille Ball
154. “Breaking up is like having the worst nightmare right after having the best dream.” – Unknown
155. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” —Oprah
Break up quotes to help ease your pain
156. “Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a brand new opportunity to rebuild what you truly want.” – Unknown
157. “This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”— Elizabeth Gilbert
158. “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” — Mohadesa Najumi
159. “What we wait around a lifetime for with one person, we can find in a moment with someone else.”– Stephanie Klein
160. “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.” — The Wizard of Oz
161. “What’s broken is broken—and I’d rather remember it as it was than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.”– Margaret Mitchell
162. “If they are stupid enough to walk away, be smart enough to let them go.” – Unknown
163. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”— Elizabeth Gilbert
164. “Does it ever get lonely, thinking you could live without me?” — ‘Without Me’ by Halsey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of lonely quotes to help you navigate solitide.
165. “Everyone’s allowed to be in love with the wrong person at some point. In fact, it’s a mistake not to be.”– Harriet Evans
Also, check out these new beginnings quotes to help you erase the past.
Break up quotes to ease the pain of separation
166. How do you know when it’s over? Maybe when you feel more in love with your memories than with the person standing in front of you. – Gunnar Ardelius
167. “I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.” — Lone Star
168. “It takes just a few seconds to say hello, but it takes forever to say goodbye.” – Unknown
169. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering.” — Ben Okri
170. “The people who are quick to walk away are the ones who never meant to stick around.”- Unknown
171. “Every time you thought you couldn’t keep moving forward, you did. Take a moment to appreciate your strength.” — Karen Salmanson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of moving quotes about the power of a new environment.
172. “In some relationships there comes a time when the two people just outgrow each other.” – Unknown
173. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
174. “It isn’t fair that I’m sitting here thinking of you and that you probably haven’t thought of me at all since we broke up.” – Unknown
175. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” — Barbara De Angelis
More break up quotes and sayings
176. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
177. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” – C. JoyBell C.
178. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” –Walt Disney
179. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
180. “A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath.” – Anthony Liccione
181. “Even on my weakest days I get a little bit stronger.” – Sara Evans
182. “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” – Ginni Rometty
183. “Life is just a slide. Back and forth between loving and leaving, remembering and forgetting, holding on, and letting go.”– Nicole Lyons
184. “Broken hearts hurt but they will make you strong.” – Unknown
185. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die, and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.”– Bryant McGill
Have you also read these love quotes for him to help you make your man feel special?
Did these break up quotes resonate with you?
Breakups are never easy. But in life, it’s a necessary evil and will ultimately be a the clear resolution you’ll see once the storm passes.
You may feel sad and hopeless right now in this moment. But stay strong and have faith, in both life and yourself, and know that all this heartache will soon pass.
Whatever it is you’re going through right now, we assure you that you’re not alone on your journey. We hope the break up quotes above will help you heal from your heartache.
Did you enjoy these break up quotes? Which of the quotes resonated with you best? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 16, 2020 6:40 AM EST