Cartoon quotes are widely shared, as cartoons are a few of the unforgettable memories of our childhood.
However, finding the most interesting and share-worthy quotes might require patience.
To help you in this regard, we have created this list of the top cartoon quotes.
You can enjoy reading and sharing these quotes with your friends and family.
Apart from our quotes section, also take a look at the following part of this article.
Here, we have discussed the brief history of cartoons and the various aspects associated with them.
So, let’s dive in!
You might also like these related articles:
Cartoons are among the few mediums in the field of visual entertainment that appeal to almost everyone, irrespective of age.
Animated characters have managed to capture the minds and hearts of people around the globe.
Initially, cartoons were started as short, silent films.
It all started in the late 19th century when J. Stuart Blackton and Emile Reynaud started experimenting with different ways to create a cartoon character.
By the start of the 20th century, popular cartoon figures started to emerge.
Some of the most prominent early players in the cartoon industry include:
- Walt Disney
- Max Fleischer
- Chuck Jones
The period between the 1930s and 1940s is referred to as the golden age of animation.
In 1928, Walt Disney created Mickey Mouse, which became an instant sensation.
This led to the introduction of some other popular cartoon characters like:
- Looney Tunes
- Bugs Bunny
- Daffy Duck
- Porky Pig
Reasons for the Popularity of Cartoons
If you wonder why cartoons are so popular, here are a few of the reasons:
- Family Entertainment
Cartoon stories are usually based on themes that are simple and understandable.
This makes them fun to watch for both kids and adults.
In addition, simplicity helps communicate the message to everyone in a lighter mode.
This is another reason why cartoons are so popular.
Humor is the key element of almost every cartoon movie or video.
The comic situation ranges from witty wordplay to slapstick comedy.
Since humor is a universal language, it helps to make cartoons more enjoyable.
Normally, cartoons are created for kids but are also enjoyed by adults.
Hence, this form of entertainment is for the whole family.
The family-oriented nature makes cartoons popular throughout the globe.
Nostalgia is a critical factor that leads to the popularity of cartoon characters.
Most adults remember the fun moments of watching cartoons during childhood.
It creates a powerful emotional connection.
Top 10 Cartoon Quotes
Enter the enchanting world of animated characters through the top 10 cartoon quotes presented here.
1. “I can watch cartoons all day!” — Dexter Darden
2. “Music for cartoons is sillier, funnier.” — James Newton Howard
3. “I was always into cartoons and animation.” — Nonito Donaire
4. “There are no cartoons about happy marriages.” — Robert Mankoff
5. “Campy films almost create real-life cartoons.” — Sharon Needles
6. “Cartoons are probably my favorite thing to do.” — Michael Horse
7. “The way people love sci-fi is how I love cartoons.” — Tatiana Maslany
8. “I see myself as an artist who happens to do cartoons.” — Pat Oliphant
9. “When I did sports cartoons, I used to, uh, go to fights.” — Rube Goldberg
10. “Just doing voices for cartoons is just a dream come true.” — Janet Varney
Cartoon Quotes About Childhood Memories
The quotes below relate to the memories of childhood, where imagination knows no bounds and animated characters become lifelong companions.
11. “Cartoons make kids happy, and that’s a great feeling.” — Zelda Williams
12. “My parents were really strict about me not watching cartoons.” — Questlove
13. “There’s been a stigma out there that cartoons only equal kids.” — Butch Hartman
14. “As far as cartoons go, I watched a lot of ‘Ed, Edd, n Eddy’ when I was a kid.” — Laurie Hernandez
15. “I never read comics as a kid. I guess I was lazy and watched cartoons instead.” — Kirsten Dunst
16. “I was a really big fan of cartoons growing up, and I loved to read too much into them most of the time.” — Rebecca Sugar
17. “I loved cartoons as a kid, and so many funny moments in animation for me are nonverbal sounds, unarticulated mouth noise.” — Alan Tudyk
18. “I watched a ton of cartoons growing up, but I don’t remember specifically what networks they were on, I’ll be honest. But I did like cartoons as a kid.” — Maulik Pancholy
19. “I’ve always been a fan of animation. As a kid, I used to watch a lot of the Saturday-morning cartoons, and I was always a fan of even claymation and that whole medium.” — Robert Trujillo
20. “As a kid, I just loved cartoons. And as the credits went by, I’d study those names and then try to figure out how I could get hired to do what Mel Blanc and Daws Butler did. Create all of these great voices for animated characters.” — Jim Cummings
Cartoon Quotes from Animators & Cartoonists
These quotes offer a glimpse into the mindset of animators and cartoonists.
21. “I’m not into cartoons. That’s the irony of it.” — Gary Larson
22. “I think we had made 160 ‘Tom and Jerry cartoons.” — William Hanna
23. “I don’t think of cartoons or comics as being for kids.” — Jeff Kinney
24. “I always imagined my little cartoons on plates for some reason.” — Roz Chast
25. “The best cartoons have no words at all – just the image pops out.” — Jeff MacNelly
26. “Cartoons are not real drawings because they are drawings intended to be read.” — Chris Ware
27. “Animated editorial cartoons are completely different from static editorial cartoons.” — Walt Handelsman
28. “Being a parent is not an easy job, which is why we try to create cartoons parents know are safe for their kids.” — Butch Hartman
29. “I have no idea what readership is of written editorials, but it doesn’t come anywhere close to the readership of editorial cartoons.” — Paul Conrad
30. “Making cartoons means very hard work at every step of the way, but creating a successful cartoon character is the hardest work of all.” — Joseph Barbera
Uplifting Cartoon Quotes from Cartoon Characters
The encouraging cartoon quotes gathered here are like little beacons of light that shine on the wonder of taking on life’s challenges.
31. “Just keep swimming.” — Dory
32. “Let it go, let it go.” — Elsa
33. “Today is a good day to try.” — Quasimodo
34. “You are never too old to be young.” — Snow White
35. “Even miracles take a little time.” — The Fairy Godmother
36. “Some people are worth melting for.” — Olaf
37. “There’s no one I’d rather be than me.” — Wreck-It Ralph
38. “To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.” — Mickey Mouse
39. “The only thing that is impossible is impossibility.” — Phineas
40. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” — Edna Mode
Comical Cartoon Quotes from Cartoon Characters
Step into a realm of quotes where laughter is the universal language and cartoon characters serve as the source.
41. “Me fail English? That’s impossible.” — Ralph
42. “Don’t Ask Questions. I Just Have Fun!” — Bugs Bunny
43. “I want to sleep, but my brain won’t stop talking to itself.” — Garfield
44. “People say nothing’s impossible, but I do nothing every day.” — Winnie the Pooh
45. “I can tell you a million and a half things I have never heard of!” — Twister
46. “If I’m not me, who am I? And If I’m somebody else, why do I look like me?” — Popeye
47. “Well, I can play in the center, On the right, and occasionally on the left side.” — Tom and Jerry
48. “I’m not normally a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.” — Homer Simpson
49. “We’ll sell that nice man a box of cookies or die trying. Or try dying. Or do some tie-dyeing.” — Yanko
50. “Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” — Dilbert
Which of these Cartoon Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you enjoyed going through our list of cartoon quotes.
Sharing these quotes also brings joy and childhood memories.
These quotes are carefully selected to offer you the best possible experience.
Since all the quotes are provided under their relevant section, it won’t be hard for you to find your favorite cartoon quote.
If you have found one, don’t hesitate to share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to know about your choice.