Christmas Tree Quotes To Spark The Joy Of The Season
February 2, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Our latest collection of Christmas tree quotes to help you reach great heights of holiday joy.
Christmas trees are a big part of the Christmas holiday.
It is believed that Christmas trees originated in Germany. According to history, the first Christmas tree in America was displayed in the 1830s.
However, because Christmas trees were considered a pagan symbol, many Americans were unwilling to accept the tradition.
It wasn’t until 1846 that Americans started warming up to the Christmas tree tradition after Queen Victoria and her family were seen standing next to a decorated Christmas tree.
By 1830, these trees had gained their true popularity, and they have grown to what we know today.
Today, beyond the birth of Christ, a Christmas tree is a symbol of joy and togetherness for most families.
Also, around the tree is where most of the Christmas celebrations happen.
From singing merry carols and opening gifts to catching up and laughing with family and friends.
Also, check out these December quotes for more about this special time of year.
What are the benefits of reading Christmas tree Quotes
Reading Christmas tree quotes will help you in many ways.
Here is what you’ll gain by reading these quotes:
- They will give you a deeper understanding of Christmas trees
- You’ll get the motivation you need to spruce up your tree
- The quotes will remind you to be jolly and merry
- You’ll get inspiration for your social media posts and Instagram captions.
- They will give a reason to get your own Christmas tree
Without wasting your time, here are some of our favorite Christmas tree quotes and sayings to get you in the holiday spirit.
Don’t forget to also check out these Christmas movie quotes to get you in the holiday spirit.
Inspirational Christmas tree quotes
1. “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” – Nora Roberts
2. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hillis
You will also enjoy our article on tree quotes.
3. “Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago.” – Tom Baker
4. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
You will also enjoy our article on happy holidays quotes.
5. “The smell of pine needles, spruce and the smell of a Christmas tree, those to me, are the scents of the holidays.” – Blake Lively
6. ”The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” — Elf
7. “…freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin – inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night…”― John Geddes
You will also enjoy our article on Bad Santa quotes.
8. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” — Helen Steiner Rice
9. “It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who’s around it.” – Charlie Brown
10. “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” — David Cameron
You might also like Advent quotes to fill your heart with peace and joy.
Short Christmas tree quotes
11. “I grew up with a Christmas tree, I’m going to stay with a Christmas tree.” – Thomas Menino
12. “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” — Marjorie Holmes
13. “Christmas trees make us feel happy and uplifted.” – Jacqueline Farmer
14. “Christmas to me is as many people as possible happy.” — Tupac Shakur
15. “Christmas trees remind us of better times yet to come.” – James Hewitt
16. “May your days be merry and bright.” — White Christmas
17. “The best Christmas trees come very close to exceeding nature.”― Andy Rooney
18. “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” — Alexander Smith
19. “The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect.” – Charles N. Barnard
20. “Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” — Freya Stark
Funny Christmas tree quotes
21. “A Christmas tree, the perfect gift for a guy. The plant is already dead.” – Jay Leno
22. “Lots of people were activating phones under the Christmas tree.” – Peter Ritcher
23. “Christmas tree stands are the work of the devil and they want you dead.” – Bill Bryson
24. “They’ve got plastic Christmas trees now. They’re hard to tell from the real aluminum ones.” – Milton Berle
25. “There’s no experience quite like cutting your own live Christmas tree out of your neighbor’s yard.” – Dan Florence
26. “Christmas trees don’t grow on trees; they need rainbows, lumberjacks, and Leprechauns on unicorns playing jock jams on glockenspiel.” – Ryan Ross
27. “I was only kicking down the Christmas tree to get the star on top.” – Ray Bradbury
28. “Make your plate look like a Christmas tree,” I tell people, “mostly green with splashes of other bright colors.” – Victoria Moran
29. “If my Valentine you won’t be, I’ll hang myself on your Christmas tree.” – Ernest Hemingway
30. “Now I’m an old Christmas tree, the roots of which have died. They just come along and while the little needles fall off me replace them with medallions.” – Orson Welles
Christmas tree quotes for Instagram
31. “The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money.” – Andy Rooney
32. “Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts.” – Joan Winmill Brown
33. “Yes, a Christmas tree is something we cannot do without.” – Stan Berenstain
34. “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” — Edna Ferber
35. “I put up my Christmas tree entirely too early. I’m one of those people.” – Rachel Boston
36. “Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together.” — Rosie Thomas
37. “I lit up like a Christmas tree.” – Hazel Grace
38. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz
39. “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – William Thomas Ellis
40. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality.” – Washington Irving
More Christmas tree quotes
41. “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde
42. “Taking down the Christmas tree makes it feel official: time to get back to joyless and cynical.” – Greg Fitzsimmons
43. “We really love decorating the Christmas tree around Christmas and have our little fun by playing Secret Santa.” – Sunny Singh
44. “The Christmas tree, twinkling with lights, had a mountain of gifts piled up beneath it, like offerings to the great god of excess.” – Tess Gerritsen
45. “She could not believe how lucky she was to have an ornament from Santa’s own tree.”
― James Barbato
46. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken
47. “I don’t know what I believe. I guess that makes me a Christmas tree agnostic.”
― Stephanie Perkins
48. “Christmas is the keeping-place for memories of our innocence.” — Joan Mills
49. “It still feels weird to spend money on Christmas trees. Back when Mom was alive, we’d go out ‘tree hunting.’”― Jenny Han
50. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” — Norman Wesley Brooks
Christmas Tree Quotes To Uplift Your Christmas Vibes
51. “It’s hard to describe exactly what makes the perfect Christmas tree. The physical requirements are straightforward enough. The tree must stand tall and straight.” — Julie Salamon
52. “Bringing the past and the present together with a tradition that was timeless to those who had grown up with Christmas tree.” — Fred Neuschel
53. “Be like the Christmas tree; evergreen, shining, full of lights, and full of gifts.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
54. “I may be biased, but even without all of these fancy decorations, Christmas trees are special. Cause they remind us this is the season, that we should all love one another.” — John Loy
55. “A glittering Christmas tree, trimmed for the holiday season, is a joyful sight.” — Jacqueline Farmer
56. “There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up.” ― Jenny Han
57. “A smile can always be seen on even the most selfish and bitter person when viewing a well designed Christmas tree.” — James Hewitt
58. “Of all the special decorations with which we adorn our homes for the festive season of Christmas, the most popular is the Christmas tree.” — Rev. Cecil Andrew Newell
59. “Christmas tree was something quite exotic. It nourished their desire for a piece of nature, for an open landscape where the wind blew and the air was sweet.” ― Julie Salamon
60. “Don’t you love Christmas? Anything goes wrong in the world, Christmas makes it go away. Decorations, carols, tree.” — David E. Kelley
Celebrate the Joy of the Season with These Heartwarming Christmas Tree Quotes
61. “I stone got crazy when I saw somebody run down them strings with a bottleneck. My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and I said that I had to learn.” ― Muddy Waters
62. “God crowns us. Most people crown their Christmas trees with either an angel or a star. God uses both.” ― Max Lucado
63. “There is something about spending Christmas alone, naked, sitting by the Christmas tree gripping a shotgun, that lets you know your life is spinning dangerously outta control.” ― Nikki Sixx
64. “Now, the essence, the very spirit of Christmas is that we first make believe a thing is so, and lo, it presently turns out to be so. – Stephen Leacockof Christmas trees around the house, so it smells good.” ― Bill Murray
65. “If God consistently sent lightning bolts in response to bad doctrine, our planet would sparkle nightly like a Christmas tree.” ― Philip Yancey
66. “Actually, my ideal life would be to have an evergreen tree farm and, every December, I’d load them up and just stand out on the street and sell Christmas trees.” ― Willis Earl Beal
67. “I grew up on a Christmas tree farm with all this space to run around, and the [freedom] to be a crazy kid with tangled hair.” ― Taylor Swift
68. “I bought a Christmas tree for twenty dollars. When I came home the next day, my wife was wearing it in her hair.” ― Milton Berle
69. “I love Christmas tree bulbs, and I started putting them in my paintings. You’ve got to plug this painting in, and it’s got a rig in the back, so that each one can be replaced if it burns out.” ― David Lynch
70. “In the southern hemisphere, covering the Christmas tree with fake snow even though winter has nothing to do with the birth of Christ.” ― Paulo Coelho
Which of these Christmas tree quotes is your favorite?
Christmas trees are an essential part of the holiday season. Hopefully, these quotes helped get you in the holiday spirit.
Which of the quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite Christmas tree quotes and sayings to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends on social media or use them to caption your Christmas tree photos on Instagram.