These cute yellow quotes are great for expressing your colorful personality.
Yellow is a vibrant color that exudes happiness, positivity, and life. These yellow quotes about the color of the sun will brighten your day and lift your spirits. The color yellow can be represented as a soft pastel aesthetic or as a bright and bold hue. Every shade of yellow is inspirational in its own way.
What do you imagine when you think of the color yellow?
You may be reminded of vibrant lemons, soft sunshine, or rich honey. Whichever shade of yellow is your favorite, you’ll love these colorful quotes.
This list of insightful thoughts and sayings will give you a new appreciation for the color yellow. You’ll be inspired to face the day with a newfound creativity and a positive outlook.
Share this collection of the best yellow quotes with your friends and family to brighten their day with a happy aesthetic.
Yellow quotes that will inspire you to express your colorful personality
1. “Yellow is the perceived color of sunshine. It is associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.” – Marcia Moses
2. “I really just want to be warm yellow light that pours over everyone I love.” – Conor Oberst
3. “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” – Vincent Van Gogh
4. “In the world of safe hues, like black, red and white, yellow shouts: ‘Look at me. I’m happy!’” – Joy Sewing
5. “The sound of colors is so definite that it would be hard to find anyone who would express bright yellow with base notes, or dark lake with the treble.” – Wassily Kandinsky
6. “Yellow is the brightest and lightest of all colors, and this brilliance is its most noticeable characteristic, which accounts for the way it is used practically and thought of symbolically.” – Michael Freeman
7. “Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun.” – Pablo Picasso
8. “Yellow usually means it’s not that serious.” – Bobby Unser
9. “Yellow is my favorite, but what is yellow? Handmaiden to white, it is a slight tarnish of pure light. Take away a bit of white’s absolute luminosity, and what remains is yellow — sunlike, golden as a crown, buttercups in a field, marsh marigolds, a finch’s wing, a plastic flute.” – Richard Grossinger
10. “It was all glimmer and warm honey in the yellow light.” – Patrick Rothfuss
Also check out these blue quotes for color lovers and creatives.
Yellow quotes that will warm your soul
11. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it.” – Grace Jones
12. “Yellow is not an in-between color, you’re either all in or you’re not.” – Mobolaji Dawodu
13. “What ye have been ye still shall be, When we are dust the dust among, O yellow flowers!” – Henry Austin Dobson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of flower quotes to remind you to smell the roses.
14. “How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun.” – Vincent Van Gogh
15. “I used to believe that as a dark-skinned girl I couldn’t wear yellow. Growing up I felt like I was too dark — and as I got older I started to think I was too large to wear such a bright color. It always felt like it wasn’t appropriate for me to wear. Then I realized how great it looks on darker skin tones. It wasn’t my skin tone or my curves preventing me from wearing the bright hue — I was just afraid to shine.” – Malia Anderson
16. “Yellow makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.” – Anthony T. Hincks
17. “We find from experience that yellow excites a warm and agreeable impression … The eye is gladdened, the heart expanded and cheered, a glow seems at once to breathe toward us.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
18. “Yellow is vagueness and luminousness, both.” – Alexander Theroux
19. “I’ve always said the rubber duck is a yellow catalyst.” – Florentijn Hofman
20. “The yellow is unsteady. The more I try to capture what it’s like now, the less steady it seems. But it’s still there, and yellow all right. Perhaps I am trying too hard, and chasing the yellow away.” – Susan Blackmore
Don’t forget to also check out these purple quotes from inspiration to fashion.
Yellow quotes that will make you smile
21. “The road to the City of Emeralds is paved with yellow brick.” – L. Frank Baum
22. “Yellow is seen before other colors when placed against black; this combination is often used to issue a warning.” – Ann Marie Fiore
23. “The yellow glistens. It glistens with various yellows, Citrons, oranges and greens. Flowering over the skin.” – Wallace Stevens
24. “Yellow is a small wheel of cheddar cheese. Permeating a musty odor out of the baker’s shop. Yellow is a thousand paper cranes, floating down a slow, mellow river. Yellow is the round circle of the moon, the light that stays through the coldest night.” – Anisha Datta
25. “She turned to the sunlight; And shook her yellow head, And whispered to her neighbor: ‘Winter is dead.’” – A. A. Milne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of winter quotes about the power of the cold.
26. “Fame stole my yellow. Yellow is the color you get when you’re real and brutally honest. Yellow is with my kids. The bundle of bright yellow warming my core, formerly frozen and uninhabitable. They got yellow from me, and I felt yellow giving it to them and it was all good. So, why am I leaving my show? It took my yellow. I wanted it back. Without it I can’t live. The gray kills me.” – Rosie O’Donnell
27. “Yellow is the color which is closest to light. We associate the rays of the sun and the stars with it. It is the radiance of the spirit.” – Ueli Seiler-Hugova
28. “You create your own decoration. You choose your color, you choose your mood. … If you are depressed, you put some bright yellow and suddenly you are happy.” – Philippe Starck
29. “Yellow is a very favorable vibration for mental or intellectual activity, as it promotes a clear state of mind. Yellow heightens your awareness and alleviates depression, sadness, or any kind of despondency. Yellow vibration foods are: pineapples, bananas, grapefruit, lemons and corn.” – Tae Yun Kim
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of pineapple quotes to hail the queen of tropical fruits.
30. “Silence is golden but when it threatens your freedom it’s yellow.” – Edmund Burke
Don’t forget to also read these Bonnie and Clyde quotes and lines for the ultimate ride or die couple.
Yellow quotes that will brighten your day
31. “Yellow is thought to be uplifting and bring happiness, making it a great color for the kitchen or living room.” – Tracy Jones
32. “White is too brilliant to be seen, so yellow is its filter, its costume, revealing that pure light has not only brightness but emotional resonance and depth.” – Richard Grossinger
33. “Yellow is also an amazing attention-getter, which is why you can see McDonald’s signs from so far away. Not to mention, it stands out more than any other color during daylight hours.” – Redi Mene
34. “Daffodils are yellow trumpets of spring” – Richard L. Ratliff
35. “What’s mysterious, ambiguous, inexplicable. What doesn’t fit into a story, what doesn’t have a story. Glint of brightness on a barely-there chain. Patch of sunlight on a yellow wall. The loneliness that separates every living creature from every other living creature. Sorrow inseparable from joy.” – Donna Tartt
36. “The sky was yellow and the sun was blue.” – Robert Hunter
37. “Yellow is the color of intellect. When it’s dull, it indicates intellect, but of a mundane nature. When it becomes brighter, moving into gold, there is an elevation of the intellect and it becomes purified through spirit. Muddy or dirty yellow indicates cunning, greed, and a self-centered, egotistical character.” – Keith Sherwood
38. “Silence isn’t golden. It’s yellow.” – Zell Miller
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of October quotes about its nature and beauty.
39. “Yellow-colored objects appear to be gold.” – Aristotle
40. “The colors red, blue and green are real. The color yellow is a mystical experience shared by everybody.” – Tom Stoppard
Motivational yellow quotes
41. “Magic lies in between things, between the day and the night, between yellow and blue, between any two things.” – Charles de Lint
42. “Yellow speaks of imagination. It is extensively used in food industries because of its familiarity. The eye notices the highly reflective yellow before it perceives any other color thus pale yellow is an excellent choice for instant product purchase.” – Larry Grimm
43. “Well, my favorite color I guess I would say yellow.” – Fran Drescher
44. “Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the past I know every scene by heart, they all went by so fast.” – Bob Dylan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Bob Dylan quotes from the iconic Folk singer.
45. “I love to shop. Clothes, electronics, and I love jewelry, especially yellow gold.” – Apolo Ohno
46. “Yellow is the color of the east, childhood, and morning.” – Jeffrey D. Anderson
47. “I told my dentist my teeth are going yellow. He told me to wear a brown tie.” – Rodney Dangerfield
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Rodney Dangerfield quotes and famous one-liners.
48. “Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me – I am happy.” – Hamlin Garland
49. “There’s something very freeing about yellow. When you wear yellow you just have to go for it.” – Mobolaji Dawodu
50. “Yellow is capable of charming God.” – Vincent Van Gogh
More yellow quotes and sayings
51. “My way of life is fall’n into the sear and yellow leaf.” – William Shakespeare
52. “And over it all, the butterflies swarmed, like a million yellow-pettalled flowers dancing on swirling winds.” – Steven Erikson
53. “Yellow wakes me up in the morning. Yellow gets me on the bike every day. Yellow has taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. Yellow makes me suffer. Yellow is the reason I’m here.” – Lance Armstrong
54. “Into the field of yellow flowers the red setting sun!” – Soseki Natsume
55. “When yellow lights struggle with blue shades in hairlike lines.” – Thomas Hardy
56. “What a horrible thing yellow is.” – Edgar Degas
57. “Life is a loaded gun that looks right at you with a yellow eye.” – Billy Collins
58. “There is nothing in the world that is not mysterious, but the mystery is more evident in certain things than in others: in the sea, in the eyes of the elders, in the color yellow, and in music.” – Jorge Luis Borges
59. “Sunny, happy with the music, no money. I’m thinking you’re on holiday. Sipping yellow lemonade.” – Alexandra Stan
60. “I just want to be young and fun and you know I think people should all wear yellow shoes.” – Justin Bieber
Yellow quotes about a variety of things that are that color and how we use them
61. “There’s nothing in the middle of the road but a yellow stripe and dead armadillos.” — Jim Hightower
62. “The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.” — Randall Jarrell
63. “The goldenrod is yellow, The corn is turning brown, The trees in apple orchards With fruit are bending down.” — Helen Hunt Jackson
64. “Remove all the traffic lights, yellow lines, one-way systems and road markings, and let blissful anarchy prevail. I imagine it would produce a kind of harmony.” — Sadie Jones
65. “If people don’t vote, everything stays the same. You can protest until the sky turns yellow or the moon turns blue, and it’s not going to change anything if you don’t vote.” — Dolores Huerta
66. “I write on big yellow legal pads – ideas in outline form when I’m doing stand-up and stuff. It’s vivid that way. I can’t type it into an iPad – I think that would put a filter into the process.” — Robin Williams
67. “The only people for me are the mad ones: the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who… burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles.” — Jack Kerouac
68. “In my fairly disorganized life, yellow stickies are too easily lost, and as for software, I try to avoid using my computer as much more than a typewriter and a post office. I rely on my lifelong habit of daydreaming to spin my stories.” — Julia Glass
69. “Try to forget what objects you have before you – a tree, a house, a field, or whatever. Merely think, ‘Here is a little square of blue, here an oblong of pink, here a streak of yellow,’ and paint it just as it looks to you, the exact color and shape, until it gives you your own impression of the scene before you.” — Claude Monet
70. “The sweet quality is set opposite to the bitter, and is a gracious, amiable, blessed and pleasant quality, a refreshing of the life, an allaying of the fierceness. It maketh all pleasant and friendly in every creature; it maketh the vegetables of the earth fragrant and of good taste, affording fair, yellow, white and ruddy colors.” — Jakob Bohme
You might also like these color red quotes that express passion.
Which of these happy quotes about yellow makes you love the color the most?
This collection of cute yellow quotes will help you understand why so many people consider the color to be their favorite. You’ll love these words of wisdom, whether you’re interested in vibrant sunflowers, dazzling neon accessories, or soft candlelight.
The insights above come from the minds of legendary thinkers, influential artists, and renowned celebrities. These individuals have reached a deep understanding of how color and art impacts our lives. You’ll be inspired to surround yourself with yellow and live a positive life after reading these happy quotes.
Yellow is a delightful color that warms the soul and brings a smile to your face. These quotes about the yellow aesthetic will boost your creativity and leave you feeling more optimistic.
Even if yellow isn’t your favorite color, you can appreciate the insight to be gained from these inspirational words. Read these cute yellow quotes to understand the meaning behind this lovely color.
Did you enjoy these yellow quotes and sayings? What are your favorite quotes about the color yellow? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 16, 2022 3:08 PM EST