50 Don’t Waste My Time Quotes To Help You Make the Most of Your Day
November 4, 2022 7:59 AM EST
These don’t waste my time quotes will show you how valuable time is, inspire you to make the most of it, and not allow others to waste it!
Most people want more of it, lament the fact that there is not enough of it, and realize that we shouldn’t waste it.
However, thinking this and then actually using our time wisely escapes many of us!
Share your favorite don’t waste my time quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading don’t waste my time quotes?
What exactly is a waste of time? The definition of wasting time differs for many people.
Some people will tell you that wasting time is doing anything other than being productive and chasing your goals.
Others will point out that if you are getting joy from doing something, then it is not a waste of time, even if it doesn’t propel you toward success.
Now, there are those things we think we enjoy but don’t and are wastes of time.
Social media is at the top of this list.
It might feel like you enjoy scrolling endlessly through Instagram and Facebook, but is it actually bringing you joy?
Or do you do it out of habit and compare your life to someone else’s?
Comparing your journey to anyone else’s is a waste of time.
You get to live your life and make it into what you want it to be.
Sure, it is great to be inspired by others, but getting jealous or envious is not a good way to spend your time.
If you want to get somewhere, then a better use of your time would be to develop your:
They do not have to be on par with someone else’s.
Keep reading through these don’t waste my time quotes to truly understand the value of time!
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Don’t waste my time quotes that are perfect for Instagram
Take the quotes below and put them with a photo for the perfect Instagram post! Which of the quotes would you use?
1. “Don’t waste your time, invest it.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on lighthouse quotes.
2. “Wasting time means wasting energy.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on time quotes.
3. “If I do not waste time, I am wasting my time.” — James Richardson
4. “Stop wasting your time with people who are destroying you.” — Unknown
5. “Don’t waste your time stressing about things you can’t change.” — Unknown
6. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” — Steve Jobs
7. “Don’t waste my time—I’m not stupid, and I’m not gullible.” — Laura Schlessinger
8. “Make good use of your time than trying to convince people to listen to you.” — Unknown
9. “Never repeat the same thing which made you waste some precious time of yourself.” — Unknown
10. “I used to be hung up on my figure, but it’s a waste of time. I don’t believe in diets. Have four pints one night, be healthy the next.” — Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Don’t waste my time quotes that prove how valuable time is
Time is one resource that we cannot make more of. As the quotes below say, make the most of your time!
11. “Your time is too valuable to try to prove yourself to people.” — Unknown
12. “Don’t waste your time, it is too short, valuable, and irreplaceable.” — Mike Murdock
13. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” — Bruce Lee
14. “Time is never enough to do all that you want, every single second is very important.” — Unknown
15. “Never waste your valuable time on someone who doesn’t understand the value of it.” — Unknown
16. “Time is costlier than diamond, once it is gone you cannot bring it back, so use it before it passes.” — Unknown
17. “The key question to keep asking is, Are you spending your time on the right things? Because time is all you have.” — Randy Pausch
18. “Know the value of time, it won’t come back again, make proper use of it instead of wasting it on something that barely matters.” — Unknown
19. “Time is the most valuable asset on Earth, a depreciating asset, don’t waste another moment of life where you are not at your fullest potential getting the most out of the time you have in life.” — Greg Plitt
20. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.” — Anthony Charles Richards
Don’t waste my time quotes from celebrities
Here are some quotes from celebrities on the importance of not wasting time. Is your favorite celebrity listed below?
21. “I didn’t waste my time on things I didn’t love.” — Patti Smith
22. “I’m treading the backward path. Mostly, I just waste my time.” — Syd Barrett
23. “Don’t waste your time trying to get into my head. There’s nothing there.” — William Shatner
24. “If somebody doesn’t have any talent, get off the stage! You’re wasting my time.” — Elaine Stritch
25. “I don’t waste as much time at work because I’d rather spend it with my kids.” — Cindy Crawford
26. “I don’t want no lies, I don’t watch TV. I don’t waste my time, won’t read a magazine.” — Madonna
27. “I don’t waste time being soft. I’m not cold, but I don’t like being, wasting my time with-life’s too short.” — Anthony Hopkins
28. “I don’t trust valets, waiters—nobody. I don’t waste my time anymore trying to figure out who leaks things to the press.” — Nicole Richie
29. “If I did only one thing at a time I’d think I was wasting my time. If, for example, I only wrote novels I would feel like a charlatan and a fraud.” — Peter Ackroyd
30. “My advice: Don’t waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world.” — Meryl Streep
Inspirational ‘Don’t waste my time’ quotes
This collection of quotes will inspire you to ensure you don’t waste your time! Do the quotes below make you want to change your life?
31. “I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.” — William Shakespeare
32. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” — Steve Jobs
33. “Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.” — Marcus Aurelius
34. “What will happen will happen and I won’t waste my time worrying.” — Christopher Paolini
35. “I’m here to change the world, and if I am not, I am probably wasting my time.” — Utah Phillips
36. “Don’t waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.” — Paulo Coelho
37. “Don’t waste your time on things that only hurt you, and remember to forget those who forgot you.” — Unknown
38. “Don’t waste your time striving for perfection; instead, strive for excellence—doing your best.” — Laurence Olivier
39. “Don’t waste your time explaining who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.” — LeCrae
40. “If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don’t do that, you are wasting your time on this Earth.” — Roberto Clemente
The truth about wasting time quotes
What one person feels is wasted time might be treasured time by another. What do you think of the quotes below?
41. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” — John Lennon
42. “Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” — William Penn
43. “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time’ is to say ‘I don’t want to.’” — Laozi
44. “I’m not gonna waste your time, so I wouldn’t expect you to waste my time.” — Terrell Owens
45. “I don’t think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.” — W. Somerset Maugham
46. “I don’t need to waste my time with a computer just because I am a computer scientist.” — Edsger Dijkstra
47. “The men who will act today and the men who will act tomorrow get beaten by the men who acts now.” — Amit Kalantri
48. “Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours.” — Steve Harvey
49. “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.” — Jack London
50. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Common time wasters
So, aside from social media, there are a few other things most of us do that truly waste our time.
Worrying about what other people think of you is a big one!
It doesn’t matter what someone else thinks about how you live your life.
What matters is finding joy, purpose, and meaning in your actions.
In fact, worrying, in general, is not a great way to spend your time.
It will cause mental and physical health issues like anxiety and stomach problems.
There are things you can do to lessen the amount of worry you have—like planning and researching.
However, there are also things beyond your control that you can spend countless hours stressing over, only for them not to happen.
What a waste of time and emotions!
Often, we waste our own time investing in toxic relationships.
If someone is not treating you right—whether they are a romantic partner, friend, or family member- it is ok to cut that relationship loose!
Putting time and energy into something that is not meeting your needs is not a good use of your time.
If you apply the don’t waste my time quotes to your life, do you think you will find more time each day?
Share with your friends and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below and be sure to tell us how ceasing to do those things changed your life.