Our latest collection of Malala Yousafzai quotes that will inspire positive change.
Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani female education advocate and women right’s activist who became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.
Born on July 12, 1997, Malala developed a thirst for knowledge at a very young age. While a teenager, she spoke out on the importance of education at a time when the local Taliban had banned girls from attending school.
She received death threats and was shot by a Taliban gunman in an assassination attempt in retaliation for her activism. She survived and became a prominent activist for the right to education.
In 2014, Yousafzai was a co-recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of her efforts on behalf of children’s rights. She has received many other honors, including being featured by Time magazine as one of the most influential people globally.
Malala Yousafzai is someone who has clearly managed to tap into her Everyday Power. In her honor, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Malala Yousafzai quotes.
Inspirational Malala Yousafzai quotes about education and freedom
1. “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” – Malala Yousafzai
2. “For my brothers, it was easy to think about the future. They can be anything they want. But for me it was hard and for that reason I wanted to become educated and empower myself with knowledge.” – Malala Yousafzai
3. “All I want is an education, and I am afraid of no one.” – Malala Yousafzai
4. “Think life is always dangerous. Some people get afraid of it. Some people don’t go forward. But some people, if they want to achieve their goal, they have to go. They have to move… We have seen the barbaric situation of the 21st century in Swat. So why should I be afraid now?” – Malala Yousafzai
5. “In countries other than Pakistan – I won’t necessarily call them ‘Western’ – people support me. This is because people they respect others. They don’t do this because I am a Pashtun or a Punjabi, a Pakistani, or an Iranian, they do it because of one’s words and character. This is why I am being respected and supported there.” – Malala Yousafzai
6. “Some people only ask others to do something. I believe that, why should I wait for someone else? Why don’t I take a step and move forward.” – Malala Yousafzai
7. “Some girls cannot go to school because of the child labor and child trafficking.” – Malala Yousafzai
8. “I don’t know why people have divided the whole world into two groups, west and east. Education is neither eastern nor western. Education is education and it’s the right of every human being.” – Malala Yousafzai
9. “The best way to solve problems and to fight against war is through dialogue.” – Malala Yousafzai
10. “I will get my education – if it is in home, school, or anyplace.” – Malala Yousafzai
Malala Yousafzai quotes that inspire hope
11. “Books can capture injustices in a way that stays with you and makes you want to do something about them. That’s why they are so powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai
12. “And also I didn’t want my future to be just sitting in a room and be imprisoned in my four walls and just cooking and giving birth to children. I didn’t want to see my life in that way.” – Malala Yousafzai
13. “Once I had asked God for one or two extra inches in height, but instead, he made me as tall as the sky, so high that I could not measure myself… By giving me this height to reach people, he has also given me great responsibilities.” – Malala Yousafzai
14. “I believe it’s a woman’s right to decide what she wants to wear and if a woman can go to the beach and wear nothing, then why can’t she also wear everything?” – Malala Yousafzai
15. “There should be no discrimination against languages people speak, skin color, or religion.” – Malala Yousafzai
16. “Dear sisters and brothers, we realize the importance of light when we see darkness.” – Malala Yousafzai
17. “I say I am stronger than fear.” – Malala Yousafzai
18. “What is interesting is the power and the impact of social media… So we must try to use social media in a good way.” – Malala Yousafzai
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of thought-provoking social media quotes.
Malala Yousafzai quotes that inspire positive change
19. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
20. “I don’t want to be remembered as the girl who was shot. I want to be remembered as the girl who stood up.” – Malala Yousafzai
21. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai
22. “In some parts of the world, students are going to school every day. It’s their normal life. But in other part of the world, we are starving for education… it’s like a precious gift. It’s like a diamond.” – Malala Yousafzai
23. “The terrorists thought they would change my aims and stop my ambitions, but nothing changed in my life except this: weakness, fear and hopelessness died. Strength, power and courage were born.” – Malala Yousafzai
24. “There are many problems, but I think there is a solution to all these problems; it’s just one, and it’s education.” – Malala Yousafzai
25. “If you hit a Talib with your shoe, then there would be no difference between you and the Talib. You must not treat others with cruelty and that much harshly, you must fight others but through peace and through dialogue and through education.” – Malala Yousafzai
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of world peace quotes to give you hope for humanity.
26. “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” – Malala Yousafzai
27. “It is very important to know who you are. To make decisions. To show who you are.” – Malala Yousafzai
Other inspirational Malala Yousafzai quotes
28. “We were scared, but our fear was not as strong as our courage.” – Malala Yousafzai
29. “I raise up my voice not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard, we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
30. “If one man can destroy everything, why can’t one girl change it?” – Malala Yousafzai
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes for girls for young women of all ages.
31. “Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons.” – Malala Yousafzai
32. “The extremists are afraid of books and pens, the power of education frightens them. they are afraid of women.” – Malala Yousafzai
33. “With guns you can kill terrorists, with education you can kill terrorism.” – Malala Yousafzai
34. “I don’t want revenge on the Taliban, I want education for sons and daughters of the Taliban.” – Malala Yousafzai
35. “Our men think earning money and ordering around others is where power lies. They don’t think power is in the hands of the woman who takes care of everyone all day long, and gives birth to their children.” – Malala Yousafzai
Which of these Malala Yousafzai quotes was your favorite?
Malala Yousafzai has inspired the world to advocate for girls to have adequate, safe access to education. Despite receiving death threats and being shot, Yousafzai had the courage to grow her advocacy into an international movement.
Her words and actions offer inspiration and hope to people all over the world. Hopefully, the above quotes have inspired you to never call it quits.
Did you enjoy these Malala Yousafzai quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 19, 2021 6:00 AM EST