Check out these devotion quotes about having someone or something in your life that you are wholly loyal and loving toward.
Devotion is wholehearted love and loyalty to a person, a cause, or an idea.
You might also like these related articles:
When you are devoted to someone or something, that person or cause knows they can count on you through easy and tough times.
Here are some things you might be devoted to:
- Your Faith – You may be dedicated to your beliefs and will not waver.
- A person – Whether it is your spouse, a child, a sibling, a parent, or a friend, if you are devoted to them, they know they can always count on you.
- Helping Others – Whether that is building houses, raising money, or encouraging and helping others live a better life, you can be devoted to the cause.
- Your business idea – It might be tough, but you will make your business successful.
Take a look at these devotion quotes to learn more about what being devoted means.
Top Devotion Quotes
Check out some of the top quotes on devotion.
1. “Devotion is diligence without assurance.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
2.“When devotion arises, life becomes profound.” — Sadhguru
3. “Devotion beings at home, inside your own awareness.” — Debbie Ford
4. “Devotion to Truth is the sole justification for our existence.” — Mahatma Gandhi
5. “You, too, can be carved anew by the details of your devotion.” — Mary Oliver
6. “Sacrifices are concerned with the feelings of devotion and longing.” — Xun Kuang
7. “True devotion and commitment are never made with the mind.” — Jamie Sams
8. “With every breath, I plant the seeds of devotion, I am a farmer of the heart.” — Rumi
9. “Much of my life has been a devotion to a simple expression: you can lead without a title.” — Robin S. Sharma
10. “True strength lies in submission, which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself.” — Henry Miller
Love and Devotion Quotes
Love and devotion go hand in hand, as seen in these quotes.
11. “True devotion is motivated by love alone and devoid of selfish entanglements.” — Rick Hocker
12. “I’ll be honest. After I got married, I definitely had a shift in emotional devotion.” — Abby Wambach
13. “Love grows from stable relationships, shared experiences, loyalty, devotion, trust.” — Richard Wright
14. “There is nothing in the world like the devotion of a married woman. It’s a thing no married man knows anything about.” — Oscar Wilde
15. “Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.” — Nicholas Sparks
16. “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion… It is wide and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” — Ellen G. White
17. “If my love is without sacrifice, it is selfish. Such a love is barter, for there is exchange of love and devotion in return for something.” — Sadhu Vawani
18. “Through devotion, your family cares become more peaceful, mutual love between husband and wife becomes more sincere, the service we owe to the prince more faithful, and our work, no matter what it is, becomes more pleasant and agreeable.” — Saint Francis de Sales
Hard Work and Devotion Quotes for Success
As you will see in the following quotes, being devoted is hard work.
19. “You want something? Go get it with single-minded devotion.” — Reggie Lee
20. “In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated.” — Willie Mays
21. “Devotion complete culminates in knowledge supreme.” — Ramana Maharshi
22. “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.” — A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
23. “Being productive at your craft is important. Being productive in your devotion to grow as a human is essential.” — Robin S. Sharma
24. “It takes a lifetime of devotion to build your craft, your confidence, and the ability to sing and dance and act believably.” — Donna McDechnie
25. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
26. “Maybe I’ve just been incredibly fortunate, but there’s a level of dedication, devotion, intensity, and seriousness around me every day.” — Andrea Riseborough
27. “Nothing truly valuable arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty; it stems rather from love and devotion towards men and towards objective things.” — Albert Einstein
Devotion Quotes About Religion
Enjoy these quotes about religion and devotion.
28. “I do devotion in the morning. I pray, and I read the word.” — Andra Day
29. “Work, apart from devotion or love of God, is helpless and cannot stand alone.” — Ramakrishna
30. “Your devotion to God is illustrated, demonstrated, and authenticated by your love for others.” — Andy Stanley
31. “The time you spend with God will transform your character and increase your devotion.” — Charles Stanley
32. “We cannot increase our devotion to the Savior without also obtaining a greater sense of purpose, identity, and conviction.” — Sheri L. Dew
33. “For the person who is religiously or spiritually inclined, work even becomes a vehicle for devotion, a way of utilizing one’s gifts and talents to serve others.” — Marsha Sinetar
34. “For love is a willful stirring of our thoughts until God, so that it receive nothing that is against the love of Jesus Christ, and therewith that it be lasting in sweetness of devotion; and that is the perfection of this life.” — Richard Rolle
35. “There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in —that we do it for God, to Christ, and that’s why we try to do it as beautifully as possible.” — Mother Teresa
Devotion Quotes About Loyalty
If you are devoted, then you are loyal.
36. “Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery.” — Morihei Ueshiba
37. “If nations perish, it is not because of their devotion to liberty, but for their disregard of its requirements.” — William Lloyd Garrison
38. “You cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” — Clarence Francis
39. “Your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion—these are the things that count in life.” — Scott O’Grady
40. “Whoever benefits his enemy with straightforward intention that man’s enemies will soon fold their hands in devotion.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
41. “Many of the qualities that come so effortlessly to dogs—loyalty, devotion, selflessness, unflagging optimism, unqualified love—can be elusive to humans.” — John Grogan
42. “Soldiers, when committed to a task, can’t compromise. It’s unrelenting devotion to the standards of duty and courage, absolute loyalty to others, not letting the task go until it’s been done.” — John Keegan
43. “The relationship between a military working dog and a military dog handler is about as class as a man and a dog can become. You see this loyalty, the devotion, unlike any other and the protectiveness.” — Robert Crais
Additional Devotion Quotes and Sayings
Enjoy some more quotes about devotion.
44. “Artwork is a representation of our devotion to life.” — Agnes Martin
45. “Being productive at your craft is important. Being productive in your devotion to grow as a human is essential.” — Robin S. Sharma
46. “Poetry and novels are lists of our devotions. We love the feel of making the marks as the feelings are rising and falling.” — Eileen Myles
47. “It is, in fact, precisely to defend the right to free speech that countless patriots have given the last full measure of devotion.” — Max Boot
48. “Perpetual devotion to what a man calls his business is only to be sustained by perpetual neglect of many other things.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
49. “Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason, mastery demands all of a person.” — Albert Einstein
50. “I find no quality so easy for a man to counterfeit as devotion, though his life and manner are not comfortable to it; the essence of it is abstruse and occult, but the appearances easy and showy.” — Michel de Montaigne
If You Are Devoted, What Qualities Do You Have?
A devoted person is a special person that can be counted on.
Here are some of the typical qualities of a strongly devoted person:
- Loyal – they can always be counted on
- Dependable – they show up when needed
- Caring – they care about what they are devoted to
- Tough – they don’t give up
Share these devotion quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about who or what you are devoted to in the comment section below.