Your search is over if you are searching for St. Francis de Sales Quotes.
Because we’re sharing the best St. Francis de Sales Quotes.
These motivational and inspirational quotes make them the best choice for sharing via social media.
In addition to our quotes section, we have also talked about St. Francis de Sales.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, let’s dive in without any further ado!
Who was St. Francis de Sales?
St. Francis de Sales was a well-known and beloved saint.
He is commonly referred to as the “Gentleman Saint.”
St. Francis was a 16th-century theologian and bishop who is still loved for his gentle nature.
He worked tirelessly as a missionary and tried to persuade people through his spiritual writings.
His preachings include:
He also served as a doctor of the Church.
St. Francis is known for emphasizing the importance of a holy life.
He also shared his thoughts about evangelization in a gentle and precise way.
St. Francis de Sales was born in 1567 to a noble family.
He spent his childhood in Thorens-Glières, France, and was fluent in different languages, including Greek, Latin, and Italian.
He received a doctorate in law at the age of 24.
St. Francis de Sales was unsure about his faith and spent the early part of life in a restless condition.
However, when he went through a great experience of God’s love, he decided to dedicate his life to the Church.
In 1593, he was ordained a priest.
Approach to Evangelization
St. Francis has seen evangelization in collaboration with the “gentle persuasion.”
According to his belief or theory, he suggests that a person should be won over to the faith after dialogue.
On the other hand, he was a strict opponent of spreading the faith through coercion or force.
During that era, his approach was considered revolutionary.
It also helped to create new opportunities for peaceful relationships between Protestants and Catholics.
After he died in 1622, St. Francis de Sales was canonized as a saint in 1665.
He is the patron saint of various people, including writers, journalists, and the deaf.
His legacy still inspires others to live holy lives and practice Christianity in every aspect.
He is also famous for his writings, and “Introduction to the Devout Life” is one of the most popular.
You will also enjoy our article on Fulton Sheen quotes.
Top 5 St. Francis de Sales Quotes
Now, let’s check out the top 5 quotes of the Catholic Church’s patron saint, Francis de Sales.
1. “He who complains, sins.” — St. Francis de Sales
2. “The whole world is not worth one soul.” — St. Francis de Sales
3. “Humor is the foundation of reconciliation.” — St. Francis de Sales
4. “Reputation is rarely proportioned to virtue.” — St. Francis de Sales
5. “During the night, we must wait for the light.” — St. Francis de Sales
St. Francis de Sales Quotes that Come with Advice
St. Francis de Sales has preached extensively for the betterment of man. The following are a few of his most insightful quotes, which carry valuable advice.
6. “In everything, love simplicity.” — St. Francis de Sales
7. “Be who you are and be that well.” — St. Francis de Sales
8. “Every morning, prepare your soul for a tranquil day.” — St. Francis de Sales
9. “Be patient with everyone, but above all with yourself.” — St. Francis de Sales
10. “Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections.” — St. Francis de Sales
St. Francis de Sales Quotes on Love
Here are some of Saint Francis de Sales’s best quotes about love, which was one of the central themes of his teachings, along with harmony, joy, and simplicity.
11. “You learn to love by loving.” — St. Francis de Sales
12. “Those who love to be feared fear to be loved.” — St. Francis de Sales
13. “To love our neighbor in charity is to love God in man.” — St. Francis de Sales
14. “To live according to the spirit is to love according to the spirit.” — St. Francis de Sales
15. “What we need is a cup of understanding, a barrel of love, and an ocean of patience.” — St. Francis de Sales
You will also enjoy our article on Edith Stein quotes.
St. Francis de Sales Quotes on God
These quotes from St. Francis de Sales reveal a novel spiritual approach to a passion for God.
16. “There is nothing small in the service of God.” — St. Francis de Sales
17. “We must fear God out of love, not love Him out of fear.” — St. Francis de Sales
18. “Let God be the air in which your heart breathes at ease.” — St. Francis de Sales
19. “Doing little things with a strong desire to please God makes them really great.” — St. Francis de Sales
20. “Great occasions for serving God come seldom, but little ones surround us daily.” — St. Francis de Sales
Profound St. Francis de Sales Quotes
Delve into the timeless wisdom of St. Francis de Sales with these profound quotes that offer insights into faith, love, and inner peace.
21. “One rarely does well what one rarely does.” — St. Francis de Sales
22. “There was never an angry man that thought his anger unjust.” — St. Francis de Sales
23. “True progress quietly and persistently moves along without notice.” — St. Francis de Sales
24. “A judicious silence is always better than truth spoken without charity.” — St. Francis de Sales
25. “Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.” — St. Francis de Sales
Which One of these St. Francis De Sales Quotes is your Favorite?
We have created a list of top St. Francis de Sales Quotes to help you find your favorite quote.
These quotes are inspiring enough to share with your friends and family.
We have tried to include only the best and most relevant St. Francis de Sales Quotes.
If you have found one that inspires you the most, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.