These Forbidden Love quotes will be enjoyed by the romantic in you.
Forbidden love has long been written about, with the most famous story being Romeo and Juliet.
Forbidden love is a romantic relationship that others oppose, whether that is the family, society, or both.
People sometimes experience forbidden love simply by falling in love with someone that others do not think they should be with.
An unhealthy forbidden love is when the relationship is pursued simply because it is “taboo.”
Pursuing a relationship because it is taboo often leads to hurting yourself and others, as the adrenaline rush from the forbidden love does not last.
Also, there are sometimes good reasons for forbidden love, such as incest, which is not only forbidden in society but can create lasting issues with your family with children if the relationship results in a pregnancy.
Take a look at these forbidden love quotes to hear more about this topic.
Deep Forbidden Love Quotes
Take a look at these deep forbidden love quotes!
1. “The course of true love never did run smooth.” — William Shakespeare
2. “There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.” — Mark Twain
3. “We always long for the forbidden things and desire what is denied us.” — Francois Rabelais
4. “When forbidden love is involved, you have to take the bitter with the sweet.” — Karina Halle
5. “Be mindful of forbidden love. It will have your brain thinking different things.” — Rick Riordan
6. “Forbidden love is exciting. When you are free to be together, it’s not as exciting.” — Marcus Quintilian
7. “When forbidden love can cost you everything, you should consider settling for something less risky.” — Miranda Kenneally
8. “Even though we were never supposed to be together, I can’t be with anyone else, no matter the consequences.” — Nicole Gulla
9. “But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.” — Cassandra Clare
10. “Sinful and forbidden pleasures are like poisoned bread; they may satisfy appetite for the moment, but there is death in them at the end.” — Tyron Edwards
Check out our collection of polyamory quotes if you enjoy this article.
Sad Forbidden Love Quotes
Here are some of the saddest forbidden love quotes.
11. “People tend to fall for who they can’t have.” — Patricia Highsmith
12. “The love that lasts the longest is the love that can never be.” — S. Maugh
13. “While forbidden fruit is said to taste sweeter, it usually spoils faster.” — Abigail Van Buren
14. “I want things that I shouldn’t, and it’s all because of one thing; I do care about you.” — H.M. Ward
15. “I can’t keep loving you this way; planning out the future, while you’re digging our grave.” — Jessica Kanoff
16. “Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?” — James Patterson
17. “Love that we can not have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest.” — Kay Knudsen
18. “Sometimes I wish I had never met you because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there.” — Good Will Hunting
19. “My heart is telling me that this is a great love. My mind is telling me that there is a difference between real love and forbidden love.” — Cassandra Clare
20. “So I learned not only that your loved one may be forbidden you, given away to someone else, but also that though you love someone, they may run from you, and you may open your arms, but they shall not come in.” — Edward Carey
Forbidden Love Quotes From Songs
Enjoy these forbidden love quotes from song lyrics!
21. “If loving you is wrong, I don’t wanna be right” — Luther Ingram, If Lovin you is Wrong, I Don’t Wanna Be Right
22. “Nobody wanna see us together /But it don’t matter, no” — Akon, Don’t Matter
23. “We both know that we should not be together” — Atlantic Starr, Secret Lovers
24. “Nobody sees, nobody knows, /We are a secret can’t be exposed” — Zara Larsson, Uncover
25. “Why can’t they just let us be happy /(I don’t want to find somebody new)” — Lionel Richie, I Call It Love
26. “We just try to keep those secrets in a lie /And if they find out, will it all go wrong?” — Ed Sheeran, Friends
27. “No one can say what we get to be /So why don’t we rewrite the stars?” — Zac Efron and Zendaya, Rewrite the Stars
28. “That you were Romeo, you were throwin’ pebbles /And my daddy said, “Stay away from Juliet” — Taylor Swift, Love Story
29. “I can’t stop these silent tears from rolling down /You and I will have to hide” — Little Mix and Jason Derulo, Secret Love Song
30. “If we both were born in another place in time /This moment might be ending with a kiss” — Olivia Newton-John, I Honestly Love You
Forbidden Love Quotes From Disney Movies
Enjoy these quotes from Disney movies where forces are trying to keep two people apart.
31. “You were my new dream.” — Flynn Rider, Tangled
32. “Love is an open door.” — Anna and Hans, Frozen
33. “Please don’t leave me, I love you.” — Belle, Beauty and the Beast
34. “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine.” — Cinderella, Cinderella
35. “Everything is different now that I see you.” — Flynn Rider, Tangled
36. “My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.” — Princess Tiana, The Princess and the Frog
37. “Jasmine, I do love you. But I gotta stop pretending to be something I’m not.” — Aladdin, Aladdin
38. “I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.” — John Smith, Pocahontas
39. “Tale as old as time, tune as old as song. Bittersweet and strange, finding you can change, learning you were wrong.” — Mrs. Potts, Beauty and the Beast
40. “Far better than any dream girl is one of flesh and blood. One warm and caring and right before your eyes.” — Grimsby, The Little Mermaid
Forbidden Love Quotes From Romeo and Juliet
Check out these quotes from the best-known forbidden love story ever written.
41. “Thus with a kiss I die” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
42. “Don’t waste your love on somebody, who doesn’t value it.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
43. “Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush stumble and fall.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
44. “For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
45. “Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
46. “You are a lover. Borrow Cupid’s wings and soar with them above a common bound.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
47. “Therefore love moderately; long love doth so; Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.” — William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
48. “Give me my Romeo; and, when I shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet
49. “Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs; Being purg’d, a fire sparkling in lovers’ eyes;” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
50. “Love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake- its everything except what it is!” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet
If My Family Doesn’t Want Me To Be With Someone, Should I Obey Them?
Do not enter into an adult relationship simply to rebel or to appease your family.
If your family has a problem with your relationship, take the time to have an honest conversation with them and then decide whether to continue the relationship.
Please share these forbidden love quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about forbidden love in the comment section below.