One of the top-rated Japanese sports anime series, these Haikyuu quotes will motivate you to work hard and follow your dreams.
Haikyuu follows the story of an aspiring volleyball athlete named Shouyou Hinata who is inspired to revive the volleyball club at his middle school.
Unfortunately, his team loses their first tournament thanks to their rival team’s star, Kageyama. Vowing revenge, Shouyou is determined to win in his next game against Kageyama.
In a surprising turn of events, Kageyama ends up on Shouyou’s volleyball team and the nemeses must learn to work together as teammates.
Haikyuu is an emotional comedy that teaches the values of teamwork, hard work, and following your dreams. Hopefully, this list of Haikyuu quotes will inspire you to do the same.
Don’t forget to also check out these Sailor Moon quotes from your favorite anime.
Haikyuu quotes about success
1. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Shoyo Hinata
2. “My greatest weapon is not getting caught!” — Shoyo Hinata
3. “You don’t win alone. That’s just how it is.” — Tobio Kageyama
4. “Being the best decoy ever is as cool as being the ace.” — Tobio Kageyama
5. “Even if we go for what’s somewhat safe here, it’ll mean we never changed.” — Koshi Sugawara
Haikyuu quotes about teamwork
6. “The last ones standing are the victors. Only the strongest. If you want to be the last one standing become strong.” — Tobio Kageyama
7. “I’d guard your backs with my life If I had to.” — Yu Nishinoya
8. “When colors mix they become muddy and messy. But when they all blend together, the final result is the color that wins against all others… Black!” — Ittetsu Takeda
9. “I can’t do any fancy plays, but I can give you guys a solid foundation.” — Daichi Sawamura
10. “Bokuto is the kind of person that compels you to give it you all, because you know he’s giving it his all.” — Keiji Akaashi
Haikyuu quotes to motivate you
11. “Even if we’re not confident that we’ll win, even if others tell us we don’t stand a chance, we must never tell ourselves that.” — Daichi Sawamura
12. “Motivation? What more do you need than pride!” — Tadashi Yamaguchi
13. “Everyone thinks that being small is more detrimental than it actually is. Even though being smaller puts you at a disadvantage in volleyball, it doesn’t make you completely helpless!” — Korai Hoshiumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of volleyball quotes celebrating the international sport.
14. “Even if a game doesn’t seem clearable at first, after playing it over and over again, you can conquer it.” — Kenma Kozume
15. “You can fly even higher.” — Tobio Kageyama
16. “It’s not your place to give up.” — Yuu Nishinoya
17. “Life’s a bore if you don’t challenge yourself.” — Yu Nishinoya
18. “All of you should be able to make it! To the highest limit, to the farthest limit!” — Ittetsu Takeda
19. “Being weak means that there is room to grow.” — Ittetsu Takeda
20. “Today might be the chance to grasp the chance to let your talent bloom.” — Tooru Oikawa
21. “If you’re gonna hit it, hit it until it breaks!” — Tooru Oikawa
Haikyuu quotes about winning and losing
22. “If they adjust to me, I just have to adjust in turn. Whoever stops adjusting won’t be able to continue forward.” — Tobio Kageyama
23. “There’s no match that you can’t win, and there’s no match that you’ll win for sure.” — Ikkei Ukai
24. “There’s only one thing to do in order to win. Practice practice practice. Even if you’re puking your guts out, pick up the ball and continue.” — Keishin Ukai
25. “When you have a brilliant ace, their very existence is a brilliant decoy.” — Kenjiro Shirabu
26. “Spiking isn’t just about slamming the ball to the floor. If you keep your cool, you’ll be able to see what action to take.” — Kotaro Bokuto
27. “Bigger will always be stronger. That is nature’s logic.” — Tanji Washijo
28. “A defense with no holes doesn’t exist.” — Wakatoshi Ushijima
29. “To strike past all obstacles…. That’s the ace.” — Asahi Azumane
30. “Someone who can’t see the opponent standing right in front of him, can’t defeat the opponent that lies beyond!” — Hajime Iwaizumi
31. “But now we can fight. Even if they read us or catch up to us, we can fight.” — Shoyo Hinata
32. “You should know better than anyone that you’ve failed the moment you lose your cool.” — Daichi Sawamura
33. “Does losing prove that you are weak? Isn’t losing difficult for all of you? A challenge where, after ending up on your hands and knees, you must see if you can stand up again? If you stay on your hands and knees, that proves that you are weak.” — Ittetsu Takeda
34. “Do you need a reason to not want to lose?” — Shoyo Hinata
More Inspiring Haikyuu quotes
35. “I have to keep moving forward. I have to keep going!” — Shoyo Hinata
36. “It’s no fun if you don’t try other options once you know they exist.” — Yu Nishinoya
37. “There are some flowers you only see when you take detours.” — Tanaka Seako
38. “He who climbs the ladder must begin at the bottom.” — Ittetsu Takeda
39. “If you think that it will never come, it probably never will.” — Tooru Oikawa
40. “Talent is something you make bloom, instinct is something you polish.” — Tooru Oikawa
41. “When crows flock, they might even kill a huge white eagle.” — Tooru Oikawa
42. “We’ll never win if we don’t believe we can.” — Daichi Sawamura
43. “Little by little, what you’ve begun will naturally become important to you. What you need at the start is a little bit of curiosity.” — Kiyoko Shimizu
44. “There’s no match that you can’t win, and there’s no match that you’ll win for sure.” — Ikkei Ukai
45. “If we look up instead of straight ahead, we could lose our footing.” — Keishin Ukai
46. “If you look down on us like that, we’ll chew you up and spit you out.” — Ryunosuke Tanaka
47. “Things you don’t understand are scary, right?” — Satori Tendo
48. “No encouragement, just the truth. No more words are needed from the great ace to the other ace.” — Reon Ohira
49. “The fact that he’s different from other people will probably end up being his strength.” — Takashi Utsui
50. “The game will be over if you beat him, so isn’t it more fun having you can’t seem to defeat?” — Tetsuro Kuroo
51. “Humans have no wings, so they search for a way to fly.” – Keishin Ukai
52.v“There’s no guarantee that the weapon that worked first will continue working until the end.” – Shoyo Hinata
53. “Luck? No way. You’re only an ace if you’re able to create miracles.” – Tsutomu Goshiki
54. “Don’t you ever forget my worthless pride.” – Tooru Oikawa
55. “We’re not hung up on winning or losing, so it’ll be troublesome for you guys to lose. How about we throw the game for you?” – Tsukishima Kei
Did these Haikyuu quotes help motivate you to go for the win?
Haikyuu may be an anime about volleyball, but that doesn’t mean the lessons it shares aren’t applicable to all of us.
The show teaches us that there is more to life than defeat and to not try at all would be the worst thing.
If you have a dream, don’t be afraid to go after it. And don’t be afraid to work hard. If you have a goal take action to reach it, and if you fail — try again.
Don’t stop trying until you succeed, because, eventually, if you keep going, your success will be inevitable.
Did you enjoy these Haikyuu quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
December 9, 2021 6:00 AM EST