Be inspired to do the right thing and stand up from your mistakes with these incorrect quotes and sayings.
No matter how hard we try to always do what is right, people still tend to make mistakes one way or another.
Because we are only human, committing mistakes is inevitable.
But these incorrect quotes and sayings on making mistakes will make you realize that it is important to not decide on things hastily and take actions that we may regret right after.
They also impart that in every wrong, there will always be a reason to do things right next time.
There are lessons in every downfall that we must all learn to be able to improve more and make things right.
It can inspire you to do better, make good choices, confide in other people for help, and accept things as they are.
Keep reading these incorrect quotes and sayings to learn more.
Don’t forget to also check out these mistake quotes to help you bounce back.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Incorrect Quotes on Learning from Mistakes
1. “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe
2. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” ― Albert Einstein
3. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ― L.M. Montgomery
4. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.” ― Salvador Dali
6. “When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.” ― Paulo Coelho
7. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
8. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
9. “To err is human, to forgive, divine.” ― Alexander Pope, An Essay On Criticism
10. “We learn from failure, not from success!” ― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Funny Incorrect Quotes and Sayings
11. “Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.”― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea
12. “It was one thing to make a mistake; it was another thing to keep making it. I knew what happened when you let yourself get close to someone when you started to believe they loved you: you’d be disappointed. Depend on someone, and you might as well admit you’re going to be crushed because when you really needed them, they wouldn’t be there. Either that or you’d confide in them and you added to their problems. All you ever really had was yourself, and that sort of sucked if you were less than reliable.” ― Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care
13. “Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one’s mistakes.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
14. “It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance.” – Mo’ne Davis
17. “I skated, fell down, and learned to pick myself up in front of millions.” – Michelle Kwan
18. “You have to make mistakes to find out who you aren’t. You take the action, and the insight follows: You don’t think your way into becoming yourself.” – Anne Lamott
19. “You need to give yourself permission to be human.” – Joyce Brothers
20. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow.” – Mary Tyler Moore
21. “Learning by making mistakes and not duplicating them is what life is about.” – Lindsay Fox
22. “If you have the guts to keep making mistakes, your wisdom and intelligence leap forward with huge momentum.” – Holly Near
Incorrect Quotes About Doing What Is Right
23. “Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.” – Benjamin Franklin
24. “My basic principle is that you don’t make decisions because they are easy; you don’t make them because they are cheap; you don’t make them because they’re popular; you make them because they’re right.” – Heodore Hesburgh
25. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
26. “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
27. “The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.” – Margaret Chase Smith
Incorrect Quotes About Being Wrong
28. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” ― William Shakespeare, All’s Well That Ends Well
29. “Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.” ― Leo Tolstoy, A Confession
30. “It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right.” ― Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book
31. “So far, about morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.” ― Ernest Hemingway, Death in the Afternoon
32. “When no one understands, that’s usually a good sign that you’re wrong.” ― Victoria Schwab, Vicious
33. “One rarely falls in love without being as much attracted to what is interestingly wrong with someone as what is objectively healthy.” ― Alain de Botton
34. “There are two circumstances that lead to arrogance: one is when you’re wrong and you can’t face it; the other is when you’re right and nobody else can face it.” ― Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality
35. “The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creatures that cannot.” ― Mark Twain, What is Man?
36. “Everybody is wrong about everything, just about all the time.” ― Chuck Klosterman, Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto
37. “Hard to say what’s right when all I wanna do is wrong.” ― Prince
38. “Gossip, as usual, was one-third right and two-thirds wrong.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Chronicles of Avonlea
39. “What’s wrong with people?” she says, almost too quiet for me to hear. “Were they born with parts missing or did it fall out somewhere along the way?” ― Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies
40. “Psychopaths… people who know the differences between right and wrong, but don’t give a shit. That’s what most of my characters are like.” ― Elmore Leonard
More Incorrect Quotes and Sayings
41. “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.” ― Stephen Hunt, The Court of the Air
42. “In thinking of America, I sometimes find myself admiring her bright blue sky — her grand old woods — her fertile fields — her beautiful rivers — her mighty lakes, and star-crowned mountains. But my rapture is soon checked, my joy is soon turned to mourning. When I remember that all is cursed with the infernal actions of slaveholding, robbery, and wrong, — when I remember that with the waters of her noblest rivers, the tears of my brethren are borne to the ocean, disregarded and forgotten and that her most fertile fields drink daily of the warm blood of my outraged sisters, I am filled with unutterable loathing.” ― Frederick Douglass, Frederick Douglass: Selected Speeches and Writings
43. “You are always a little bit wrong” ― Hank Green
44. “Do what you think is right. Don’t let people make the decision of right or wrong for you.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
45. “Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” ― Robert Bloch
46. “Doing the right thing for someone else occasionally means doing something that feels wrong to you.” ― Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care
47. “It is nobler to declare oneself wrong than to insist on being right –especially when one is right.” ― Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelms
48. “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong.” ― John Maynard Keynes
49. “There are only two forces at work in this world- black and white. Only people are grey.” ― Chris Heimerdinger, Gadiantons and the Silver Sword
50. “The secret to being wrong isn’t to avoid being wrong! The secret is being willing to be wrong. The secret is realizing that wrong isn’t fatal.” ― Seth Godin, Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
Incorrect Quotes To help You Learn From Your Mistakes
51. “Your ability to understand and direct kindness over yourself over failures and mistakes is an important matter.” ― Mia Conrad
52. “If you make a mistake, be big enough to admit to the mistake. People will think much better if you make an admission after a mistake.” ― Keith Boyer
53. “If you want to grow, you need to get over any fear you may have of making mistakes.” ― John C. Maxwell
54. “By failing, a lesson can be learned. One can learn to avoid the mistake that caused the failure.” ― Glen Mizrahi
55. “We all make them, the difference is what we do after we make the mistake, how we see the mistake – a learning experience or a failure.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
56. “Holding a mistake over someone’s head does not rehabilitate them.” ― E’yen A.Gardner
57. “A moral dilemma may occur because of a prior personal mistake. The predicament of the situation is self-inflicted.” ― Oyvind Kvalnes
58. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” ― Billy Graham
59. “Mistakes are a sign of trying, and it is always better to try and fail than to fail to try.” ― Robert Washington
60. “Stop flogging yourself over the past mistakes and hurtful memories of the past.” ― Kellie Sullivan
What did you learn from these incorrect quotes?
In making decisions, it is better to take a deep breath, consult people you trust, and listen to what your heart says.
Do not do things quickly without thinking of the consequences because these decisions might affect not only yourself but other people around you.
Sometimes, when at the crossroads of making decisions that are crucial, the key is to keep silent and listen to your core.
Remember, in every mistake you commit, there is a lesson behind it.
Do not waste this lesson by repeating the same mistakes again.
Learn to re-evaluate the situation and find opportunities for learning.
If you are at one point, faced again with such circumstances, you can now make the right choices that you will not regret.
Always strive to be a better person next time.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these incorrect quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 15, 2022 7:00 AM EST