Looking for it’s ok not to be ok quotes?
We have the best selections of it’s ok not to be ok quotes for anyone going through a challenge.
Why do people say it’s ok not to be ok?
Sharing that it is ok not to be ok involves validating our feelings.
All of us have different challenges in life, and sometimes those challenges and responsibilities can take a lot out of us.
Sometimes we do not feel ok.
It is ok to share aloud that you do not feel ok.
Acknowledging that we do not feel ok can help us:
Making such an expression means you are aligned with your feelings which is an essential step in processing emotions.
When is it ok not to be ok?
When we have experiences that are traumatic, challenging, or difficult, they can cause powerful emotions to stir within us.
These conditions can impact children and adults.
For example, many bullied students often push their feelings down for fear of being judged as weak by others.
For some, this is a coping mechanism, but it does not make the negative emotions go away.
They often result in a delayed explosion that occurs later.
For many adults, the stress of maintaining life, working, paying bills, and caring for family members can add up.
It is ok to acknowledge feelings of anger, frustration, or sadness.
It is ok not to be ok sometimes
We may run into challenging circumstances that make us want to scream.
However, we cannot remain in a state of anger or depression.
Acknowledging how we feel will enable us to process those feelings constructively.
Check out our great quote selections below for more it’s ok not to be ok content below.
Short it’s okay not to be okay quotes
These quotes remind us sometimes it is okay to not be okay in a few words.
1. “It’s okay to not be okay all the time.” — Anonymous
2. “It’s okay to fail. It’s not okay to quit.” — Chris Gardner
3. “I’m done being someone who’s needed by others.” — Kim Soo-Hyun
4. “It’s ok not to be okay, but it’s not okay to stay that way.” — Perry Noble
5. “It’s okay to not be okay as long as you’re not giving up.” — Anonymous
6. “It’s completely Self Empowering to say: “I am not ok & that’s ok!” ― Somya Kedia
7. “Don’t be stubborn when things don’t work out. You need to learn to try other things.” — Moon Sang-Tae
8. “I’m of the opinion that it’s okay to be silent, to not speak if you don’t have anything to say.” — Cate Blanchett
9. “It’s okay to not know completely what you want or what you should be doing and to stumble a little bit.” — Milo
10. “As for wondering if it’s okay to be who you are — that’s not a symptom of mental illness. That’s a symptom of being a person.” — Jeff Garvin
It’s ok not to be ok quotes
Sometimes we just have to acknowledge that we are not ok.
12. “It’s okay, you know? It’s okay to be you. It’s okay to just not be okay. It’s okay to not be okay.” — Kristen Stewart
13. “It’s okay to grow, it’s okay to change. But it’s not okay not to recognize each change for what it is.” — Oscar Auliq Ice
14. “I’m trying to tell kids to have a good time and to encourage them to be creative and to question things.” — Paul Reubens
15. “I’m just trying to illustrate that it’s okay to be different — not that it’s good, not that it’s bad, but that it’s alright.” — Paul Reubens
16. “It’s okay to be successful, and it’s also okay to be happy with your success even though it might not be easy.” — Brooke Shields
17. “It’s okay not to be okay. It doesn’t mean you’re broken. It means you’re strong enough to endure the hard times.” — Anonymous
18. “What might look like the perfect life — or even an okay life — to you might not be so okay for the person living it.” — Michael Thomas Ford
19. “I’m not perfect. And I don’t have to be. I can figure it out as I go, and as long as I do the best I can, it’s okay if I still screw up.” — Melissa Darnell
20. “It’s ok to be fragile, it’s ok to be weak, it’s ok not to be ok. Be gentle to yourself, love yourself, even when you’re not yourself.” — Kirsten Hill
You will also enjoy our article on I’m not okay quotes.
It’s ok not to be ok quotes and sayings
Not every moment in life will be ideal; sometimes, we will not be okay.
21. “It’s okay to not know everything, but it’s not okay not trying to learn something.” — Jerry Lolandes
22. “A fairy tale isn’t a hallucinogen that gives us hopes and dreams. It’s a stimulant that makes us face reality.” — Moon Gang-Tae
23. “Finally, understanding it’s ok to cry. It’s ok not to be strong. It’s ok to not know the answers to all of your questions.” — Anonymous
24. “One day at a time…embrace life’s roughest moments as chances for growth.” — Jennifer Lawrence
25. “Sometimes I’m not always doing amazing, but it’s okay because everyone struggles, and it’s okay to be flawed because that’s what makes me. Me.” — Demi Lovato
26. “Trying again is okay. Trying again and again and again is okay. It’s sort of an infinite thing because the alternative is a failure, and that’s not okay.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
27. “I’m okay with who I am. You might not understand me. That’s okay, as I don’t understand you. We can still be friends; we just have to accept our differences.” — Tina J. Richardson
28. “It’s healthy to admit you’re not ok. ‘It’s ok not to be ok’ it’s brave. But don’t let it win. Be sad. Have your moment, your day, or week. Then do something about it and be happy. For yourself.” — Jessie J
29. “If you want to make people around you happy, you have to find your own happiness first. Being selfish isn’t always a bad thing. Try to only think about your happiness when things are too stressful. It’s okay to do that.” — Seo Ye Ji (Ko Mun Yeong)
30. “I’m not sure why I’ve decided to do this. I’m not any stronger than I was, and nothing else has changed. But all the same, this time, I will not run away. It’s okay to feel weak sometimes. It’s okay to be afraid. The important thing is that we face our fears. That’s what makes us strong.” — Yuki-Natsuki Takaya
Is it ok to not be ok quotes
How else can we know if we are ok unless we ask?
31. “No, I am not okay. But I am okay with that.” — Anonymous
32. “Why does it matter? It is okay for me to be not okay. Deal with it.” — Anonymous
33. “I never said I had all the answers, but I did say that it was okay not to be okay.” — Anonymous
34. “When you were not okay, I gave you space and support. I would like those same accommodations, please.” — Anonymous
35. “It’s okay not to be okay, I promise. We all have those moments when we think the world is falling apart. Sometimes it is, but you have to keep going.” — Anonymous
36. When I was a child, I would cry when I felt upset. I was scolded for this. As an adult, I find it is difficult for me to remember that it is okay not to be okay.” — Anonymous
37. “And just because your life isn’t as awful as someone else’s, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck. You can’t compare how you feel to the way other people feel. It just doesn’t work.” — Michael Thomas Ford
38. “In times of stress, it’s okay to not be perfect. It’s okay to cut yourself some slack. Because right now, you might not be your best self. But you are growing, and you are trying your best, and that is good enough.” — Ashley Hetherington
39. “Nobody tells young writers it’s okay if you’re not very good, you’ll get better. So I just thought I was not very good, so I should try to do every other thing besides writing. That’s how I ended up being a hitchhiker, a world traveler, and a mathematician.” — Bonnie Jo Campbell
40. “It’s okay. It may not seem like it right now, but you are going to be fine. I know it’s scary, but don’t be afraid. You are who you are, and you should love that person, and I don’t want anyone to have to go through twenty-two years of their life afraid to accept that.” — Connor Frant
It’s Okay to Not Be Okay quotes from the Korean drama
We have a fantastic collection of quotes from Jo Yong’s Korean drama, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.
41. “It’s pod, not pot.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
42. “It’s dopamine, not vitamin.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
43. “I’m not going to write anymore.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
44. “Gosh, I thought I should know better at this age.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
45. “You really need to stop getting ahead of yourself.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
46. “Adults can’t always be right. We make mistakes until the day we die.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
47. “I understand it’s about time you got tired of writing fairytales. Then why don’t we just switch to a different genre?” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
48. “I thought about it. I think it’d be nice to have a son who looks like you. I don’t think I’ll get jealous. Let’s have a son.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
49. “You are my number one, no matter what anyone says. But how important am I to you?” “You are my number three.” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
50. “Why? What’s wrong? Let’s have a son. Let’s have a son! I want a son! Why won’t you cooperate? I want your cooperation!” — Jo Yong, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
51. “It’s okay not to be okay. It’s okay to be scared. But you have to try to fight.” — Moon Kang-tae
52. “It isn’t just ok to be depressed. It’s also normal.” — Angelina Jolie
53. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” — Johnny Depp
54. “Sometimes its okay to not be okay..and to say it out loud! Don’t keep it confined within…free your soul!” — Deepika Padukone
55. “Pain creates strength and then creates wisdom, so when you go through pain remember why you became so fierce in the first place.” — Zooey Deschanel
56. “We will never truly heal if we don’t honor what needs healing inside of us.” — Viola Davis
57. “Difficult times give us deeper insight into our own strengths, courage and true capabilities; these qualities may actually surprise ourselves.” — Robert Downey Jr
58. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is trusting ourselves more than ever before.” — Christian Bale
59. “If there’s a struggle in life, embrace it….we all need trials inorder to know what true joy is.” — Will Smith
What does it really mean to be ok?
Think back to a time when you got a cut on your arm, leg, or finger.
How did you handle it?
We can make things worse if we experience an injury and do nothing about it.
If we delay giving the cut the necessary care, the injury can get infected.
If we completely ignore it, the wound can fester and potentially become life-threatening.
A similar series of events occurs when we ignore emotions.
If we are incapable of acknowledging when we are not ok, we can cause negative emotions to fester, resulting in toxic feelings.
Many people are encouraged to hide their emotions for fear of being judged or shamed by others.
We cannot allow the fear of what others think to block us from a healthy relationship with our emotions.
Living without pain and suffering would be fantastic, but that is not our reality.
Allowing ourselves to be vulnerable to our emotions is a powerful way to transform negative energy into positive energy.
Being vulnerable and admitting that we are not okay when we project every appearance of being the opposite is scary.
But as we all know, life isn’t all rainbows and cute baby animals.
Please, be sure to let us know your favorite it’s ok not to be ok quote below in the comments.