If you are struggling with something and need to admit it, these I’m not okay quotes will help you overcome your struggle.
We have probably all heard the phrase that “the first step is admitting there is a problem.”
That is a true statement; admitting you are not okay takes courage.
It is a needed step in healing from mental health struggles.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
It is also important to know that you are not alone.
Everyone struggles in one way or another, and whether they can heal through their own self-care or if they need outside help, mental health struggles have to be addressed.
These I’m not okay quotes are perfect if you are struggling.
They will show that admitting it to yourself and others is okay and not something you should be ashamed of.
Top I’m Not Okay Quotes
If you’re struggling, these relatable quotes can help.
1. “Some days I’m okay, someday I’m not.” — Derek Parra
2. “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” — Robert Half
3. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
4. “Tough times never last, but tough people do!” — Robert Schuller
5. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass
6. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Coco Chanel
7. “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” ― Raymond McCauley
8. “I’m not okay, you’re not okay, and that’s okay.” — William Sloane Coffin
9. “It’s ok not to be okay, but it’s not okay to stay that way.” — Perry Noble
10. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” ― John Green
Encouraging I’m Not Okay Quotes
Find encouragement to keep going with the following quotes.
11. “Nothing external to you has any power over you.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “There is a crack in everything; that’s how the light gets in.” ― Leonard Cohen
13. “This feeling will pass. The fear is real, but the danger is not.” ― Cammie McGovern
14. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” — Helen Keller
15. “My dark days made me stronger. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” — Emery Lord
16. “You are magnificent beyond measure, perfect in your imperfections, and wonderfully made.” — Abiola Abrams
17. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” — Stephen Covey
18. “Honesty is grounded in humility and indeed in humiliation, and in admitting exactly where we are powerless.” — David Whyte
19. “Okay, enough self-pity. I’m not doomed. Things will just be harder than planned. I have all I need to survive.” — Andy Weir
20. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
You will also enjoy our article on fragile quotes.
I’m Not Okay Quotes to Help You Know You’re Not Alone
You are not alone, even when it feels that way, as these quotes will show.
21. “It’s completely self-empowering to say: “I am not ok & that’s ok!” ― Somya Kedia
22. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle
23. “You are not alone. You are seen. I am with you. You are not alone.” — Shonda Rhimes
24. “To accept ourselves as we are, means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” — Sandra Bierig
25. “‘Positive vibes only’ isn’t a thing. Humans have a wide range of emotions, and that’s OK.” — Molly Bahr, LMHC
26. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” — Billy Graham
27. “I personally think that if you deny something or if you hide something, you’re inadvertently admitting it’s wrong.” — Amber Heard
28. “Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone.” — Lisa Olivera
29. “Sometimes I’m not always doing amazing, but it’s okay … because everyone struggles and it’s okay to be flawed because that’s what makes me … Me.” — Demi Lovato
30. “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of the world but those who fight and win battles that others do not know anything about.” — Jonathan Harnisch
I’m Not Okay Quotes to Keep Going
These quotes will inspire you to continue moving forward even when you feel you’re not okay.
31. “You don’t need to find a lesson in your trauma.” — Jordan Pickell, MCP RCC
32. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” ― Henry David Thoreau
33. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Louisa May Alcott
34. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you go; they merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
35. “It’s ok to be fragile, it’s ok to be weak, it’s ok not to be ok. Be gentle to yourself, love yourself, even when you’re not yourself.” — Kirsten Hill
36. “Just remember, you are not alone; in fact, you are in a very commonplace with millions of others. We need to help each other and keep striving to reach our goals.” — Mike Moreno
37. “Everyone experiences a version of anxiety or worry in their lives, and maybe we go through it in a different or more intense way for longer periods of time, but there’s nothing wrong with you.” — Emma Stone
38. “Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary.” — Fred Rogers
39. “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you can realize is that you’re not alone. You’re not the first to go through it; you’re not gonna be the last to go through it,” — Dwayne Johnson
40. “In times of stress, it’s okay to not be perfect. It’s okay to cut yourself some slack. Because right now, you might not be your best self. But you are growing, and you are trying your best, and that is good enough.” — Ashley Hetherington
I’m Not Okay Quotes to Give You Hope
Find hope in the following quotes for the difficult times in life.
41. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” — Anne Lamott
42. “Yesterday, I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” — Rumi
43. “Being able to be your true self is one of the strongest components of good mental health.” — Dr. Lauren Fogel Mercy
44. “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It’s not just this neat little issue you can put into a box.” — Shannon Purser
45. “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” — Tyra Banks
46. “Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.” ― Akiroq Brost
47. “Life can be tough sometimes. But I think it just starts with admitting, ‘Okay, the world’s not perfect; how do we live our lives within that and not be miserable.’” — Amy Lee
48. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning, and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” — Charles Bukowski
49. “I was with someone recently who asked: ‘Well, don’t you think that if you do too much therapy, it will take away your artistic process?’ And I told them: ‘The biggest lie that we’ve ever been sold is that we as artists have to stay in pain to create.’” — Katy Perry
50. “Being vulnerable is actually a strength and not a weakness — that’s why more and more mental health is such an important thing to talk about. It’s the same as being physically sick. And when you keep all those things inside when you bottle them up, it makes you ill.” — Cara Delevingn
What Are Some Signs That I Am Not Okay?
If you are dealing with mental health issues, you may know it deep down before it shows, but there are some signs to look out for.
Signs that indicate that you are not okay could be:
- Excess anxiety
- Sleep issues
- Constant changes in your mood
- No longer enjoying the things that used to bring you joy
Please share these I’m not okay quotes with your family and friends, and share any other of your favorite encouraging quotes in the comment section below.