Embracing your feelings is important for your mental and emotional health.
These feelings quotes will encourage you to do just that.
If you’ve always shied away from sharing your emotions or even allowing yourself to “feel your feelings”, it’s time to make a change.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study published in the journal Emotion, individuals who are more aware of their emotions tend to have higher levels of well-being and life satisfaction.
This highlights the importance of understanding and acknowledging our feelings.
Learning how to recognize and understand your emotions can play a big role in the way you feel about yourself and affect the relationships you’re in.
Learning how to recognize your feelings, even the difficult ones, is part of life.
When you understand what your emotions are, it can help you learn how to process them.
If feelings and emotions aren’t your strong point, these feelings quotes might help.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Feelings Quotes About Embracing Your Emotions
A survey conducted by the American Psychological Association found that emotional suppression, or the act of suppressing our emotions, can lead to negative health outcomes such as increased stress and decreased immune function.
This underscores the importance of embracing our feelings and expressing them in a healthy way.
1. “The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion.” – Albert Einstein
2. “One can never repeat exactly the same emotion.” – Oscar Wilde
3. “Emotions have taught mankind to reason.” – Marquis De Vauvenargues
You will also enjoy our article on unappreciated quotes.
4. “Cherish your own emotions and never undervalue them.” – Robert Henri
5. “Feelings are, as we all know, at the heart of emotion.” – Peter Goldie
6. “If you want understanding try giving some.”- Malcolm Forbes
7. “Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it isn’t so.” – Lemony Snicket
8. “Where we have strong emotions, we’re liable to fool ourselves.” – Carl Sagan
9. “The healthiest of all human emotions is gratitude.” – Hans Selye
10. “Feelings are curative.” – Cyndie Spiegel
You will also enjoy our article on feeling lost quotes.
Feeling Quotes About The Beauty Of Emotions
According to a study published in the journal Psychological Science, individuals who are better at regulating their emotions tend to have stronger and more satisfying social relationships.
This highlights the importance of understanding and managing our emotions in our interactions with others.
11. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
12. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” – Nicholas Sparks
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of heart break quotes about moving on from a break up.
13. “We all live at the mercy of our emotions. Our emotions influence and shape our desires, thoughts and behaviors and above all our destiny.” – Dr T.P.Chia
14. “Let’s not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it.” – Vincent Van Gogh
15. “Emotion is more powerful than reason. Emotion is the driving force behind thinking and reasoning. Emotional intelligence increases the mind’s ability to make positive, brilliant decisions.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
16. “When embraced and accepted, negative emotions can be a powerful catalyst to positive change in one’s life and can lead to a deeper feeling of meaning and authenticity.” – Dr. Paul TP Wong
You will also enjoy our article on getting over someone quotes.
17. “The emotionally intelligent person is skilled in four areas; identifying emotions, using emotions, understanding emotions, and regulating emotions.” – John Mayer
18. “Embrace all emotions: sadness, happiness, sorrow, hate, prejudice, fearl; they are weapons against our greatest enemy: indifference.” – Dave Matthes
19. “Instead of resisting any emotion, the best way to dispel it is to enter it fully, embrace it and see through your resistance.” – Deepak Chopra
20. “Don’t shut down your emotions. Embrace them. Your emotions are your internal compass telling you whether or not you are on track. Use them to help cultivate your passions or motivate you to change situations and circumstances that hold you back from achieving your goals.” – Jillian Michaels
You will also enjoy our article on falling in love quotes for him and her.
Feeling Quotes About Understanding The Feelings Of Others
21. “Sometimes people won’t understand how you feel until it happens to them, until they experience the pain.” – Brigitte Nicole
22. “I’m proud of myself because I understand others feelings.” – Alice Singh
23. “When you refuse to embrace your negative emotions, you are refusing to heal the part of you that was triggered.” – Xavier Dagba
24. “This world will be a better place if we try to understand the feelings of others.” – Shashi Girdhar
25. “People can’t understand others’ feelings, they always forget that everyone has a different perspective.” – Dev
26. “When people try to understand others emotions… Then they try to feel the deepness of feelings of others.” – Lisa Christ
27. “Give respect to others thoughts and cherish their feelings, when you do this regularly you’ll step into the magnificent world of wisdom and understanding.” – Unknown
28. “Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” – Brian Jacques
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
Feelings Quotes About Hiding Your Emotions
29. “The more you hide your feelings, the more they show. The more you deny your feelings, the more they grow.” – Unknown
30. “You try to hide your emotions, so as not to show weakness to others. I believe it’s the same for every sportsman.” – Michael Schumacher
31. “She’s been used to hiding her feelings for so long, no wonder her manner can be a little awkward.” – Sophia Kinsella
32. “Hiding your feelings isn’t the easy way out, but sometimes it’s the only thing you can do.” – Kiran Pragash
33. “Hide your emotions beside your attitudes. The true ones can find it, let the ordinaries to go away.” – Priyanka Priyadarsini
34. “Some hide their emotions behind their bright beautiful smile.” – L_I_F_E
35. “Don’t hide your emotions. It’ll make a beast capable to kill you.” – Asmi
36. “Keeping your emotions all locked up is something that is unfair to you. When you clearly know how you feel, you should say it.” – Taylor Swift
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
More Feelings Quotes About Emotion
37. “Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions never lie to you.” – Roger Ebert
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of confused quotes to help you make a big decision.
38. “Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change.” – Gretchen Rubin
39. “Negative emotion is your indicator of resistance, while positive emotion is your indicator of allowance.” – Esther Hicks
40. “Feelings are like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf.” – Jonatan Martensson
41. “When emotions become speechless, it is expressed only through tears.” – Shanmuga Priya
42. “You have to train your mind to be stronger than your emotions or else you’ll lose yourself every time.” – Unknown
43. “Your emotions are slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
44. “To awaken human emotion is the highest level of art.” – Isadora Duncan
45. “Emotional pain cannot kill you but running from it can. Allow. Embrace it. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal.” – Vironika Tugaleva
46. “The more clearly you understand yourself and your emotions, you become a lover of what is.” – Baruch Spinoza
47. “Your emotions make you human. Even the unpleasant ones have a purpose. Don’t lock them away. If you ignore them, they just get louder and angrier.” – Sabaa Tahir
48. “I have mixed emotions today. It’s been a tough couple of weeks.” – Dave Magarity
49. “I think the crazy emotions are the ones that help you grow into who you’re going to be someday and challenge you, and teach you things about yourself.” – Taylor Swift
50. “I am a human being, with feelings and emotions and scars and flaws, just like anyone else.” – Josh Gordon
You will also enjoy our article on lonely quotes.
Inspirational Feeling Quotes
51. “Failure is a feeling long before it becomes an actual result.” – Michelle Obama
52. “The way we feel about ourselves has consequences for every aspect of our lives.” – Pixie Walker
53. “Talk! Get that weight off your chest, have a good old rant and tell someone exactly how you’re feeling.” – Julia Laflin
54. “To know ourselves better, we must slow down enough to feel our feelings and to hear our deeper thoughts.” – David D. Corbett
55. “Knowing how you feel is the first step toward taking control of your emotions.” – Thibaut Meurisse
56. “To be joyful is a principle. It doesn’t change with emotions. Joy is an inner contentment despite all the circumstances.” – Richard Daly
57. “Watch a movie that makes you laugh or listen to a song that makes you cry. Embrace your emotions and be proud of what you feel.” – Demi Lovato
58. “If we want to attract life partners who are happy, passionate, and empowered, we must first seek to generate these feelings within ourselves.” – Marci Shimoff
59. “Our body translates our thoughts into chemical and physical responses that we experience as emotions. In other words, emotions are the body’s response to the thoughts we think.” – Mali Apple
60. “Our feelings are the source of our energy, they provide the horsepower that makes it possible for us to accomplish the tasks of living.” – M. Scott Peck
You will also enjoy our article on pain quotes.
Feelings Quotes To Help You Understand Your Inner Self
61. “Our feelings are our most genuine paths to knowledge.” ― Audre Lord
62. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” ― Mitch Albom
63. “Music is feelings in search of words.” ― Shannon L. Alder
64. “One of the greatest feelings in the world is knowing that we as individuals can make a difference.” ― Jeff Bridges
65. “Never apologize for showing your feelings. When you do, you are apologizing for the truth.” ― José N. Harris
66. “Feelings are memories. Memories are also feelings.” ― Margaret Stohl
67. “Whatever you do, you should do it with feeling.” ― Yogi Berra
68. “You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.” ― Pearl S. Buck
69. “Hanging with people who make you feel unappreciated, for the mere sake of appearing to be popular, is the loneliest place to be.” ― Ellen J. Barrier
70. “To feel valued, to know, even if only once in a while, that you can do a job well is an absolutely marvelous feeling.” ― Barbara Walters
You will also enjoy our article on sad love quotes.
Feelings Quotes To Understand Your Inner Emotions
71. “Thoughts and especially feelings create our reality based on our vibration.” — Sarah Prout
72. “Listen to your feelings; they give you important information.” — Carol Peters-Tanksley
73. “You are responsible for every feeling you have. If you feel inferior to someone else, it is because of what you believe.” — Catherine Pulsifer
74. “Gratitude is appreciation for every moment in your life. It is a feeling of abundance.” — Brenda Nathan
75. “Where you put the emphasis will reflect how you feel about your life right now!” — Andro Donovan
76. “Staring up at the moon makes me feel so peaceful and complete.” — Loretta Lost
77. ‘A belief is a thought, fueled by a feeling, that you think over and over until it becomes a habit.” — Iyanla Vanzant
78. “Meditation strengthens the brain circuits associated not only with concentration and problem solving, but with our feelings of well-being.” — Deirdre O’Reilly
79. “What you think determines what you feel—it’s a basic law of life.” — Michael Grant
80. “We all experience emotions and feelings every day of our lives—lots of them!” — Vanessa Allen
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for him.
Feelings Quotes To Help You To Process Your Emotions
81. “The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence; not in silence, but restraint.” — Marianne Moore
82. “We destroy ourselves when we stop feeling. If you bury your feelings within you, you become a graveyard.” — Bernie S. Siegel
83. “Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions.” — David Borenstein
84. “Our feelings are not there to be cast out or conquered. They’re there to be engaged and expressed with imagination and intelligence.” — T.K. Coleman
85. “…no one can do a thing about feelings, they exist and there’s no way to censor them. We can reproach ourselves for some action, for a remark, but not for a feeling, quite simply because we have no control at all over it.” — Milan Kundera
86. “To tell someone not to be emotional is to tell them to be dead.” ― Jeanette Winterson
87. “Your feelings and emotions are your strongest indicator if your life is moving in a purposeful direction or not, so listen closely to how you feel” ― Rebecca Rosen
88. “You own your feelings. You own your thoughts. You control both. No one has the right to any of it—to any of you without your permission.” ― Carlos Wallace
89. “Your feelings and emotions are your strongest indicator if your life is moving in a purposeful direction or not, so listen closely to how you feel” ― Rebecca Rosen
90. “Feelings are just your body talking to you.” ― Allyson Dinneen
Feelings Quotes to Make You Emotional
91. “The way I choose to show my feelings is through my songs.” ― Marianne Faithfull
92. “There are some moments in life, some feelings; one can only point to them and pass by.” ― Ivan Turgenev
93. “Great feelings will often take the aspect of error, and great faith the aspect of illusion.” ― George Eliot
94. “When a man is able to connect with his feelings, he is able to care more.” ― Warren Farrell
95. “Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
96. “Never make permanent decisions on temporary feelings.” ― Wiz Khalifa
97. “God knows, I never want to hurt someone’s feelings.” ― Selma Blair
98. “The best thing is being able to perform in front of people and to express my feelings, whatever they may be at the time. Just to be able to make the world a happier place to be.” ― Tanya Tucker
99. “We can’t be intimate because we can’t share feelings that we don’t have.” ― Keith Miller
100. “Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.” ― John Wooden
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
What did you learn from these feelings quotes?
Don’t hide from your feelings anymore.
Take a moment throughout the day to pause and think about what emotions you’re experiencing at the time.
Are you happy? Frustrated? Angry? Sad?
Or even surprised?
If you’re out of practice for paying attention to what you’re feeling, this can take a little getting used to.
But once you can name your emotion, it allows you to take the next step in handling them.
If you’re struggling with difficult emotions, you can find the right path for seeking help.
If you’re experiencing positive emotions, it can make your feelings even stronger when you acknowledge and enjoy them.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these feelings quotes and sayings?
You might also like these Moody Quotes.
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.