Embracing your feelings is important for your mental and emotional health. These feelings quotes will encourage you to do just that.
If you’ve always shied away from sharing your emotions or even allowing yourself to “feel your feelings”, it’s time to make a change. Learning how to recognize and understand your emotions can play a big role in the way you feel about yourself and affect the relationships you’re in.
Learning how to recognize your feelings, even the difficult ones, is part of life. When you understand what your emotions are, it can help you learn how to process them.
If feelings and emotions aren’t your strong point, these feelings quotes might help.
Feelings Quotes About Embracing Your Emotions
1. “The emotionally intelligent person is skilled in four areas; identifying emotions, using emotions, understanding emotions, and regulating emotions.” – John Mayer
2. “Instead of resisting any emotion, the best way to dispel it is to enter it fully, embrace it and see through your resistance.” – Deepak Chopra
3. “When embraced and accepted, negative emotions can be a powerful catalyst to positive change in one’s life and can lead to a deeper feeling of meaning and authenticity.” – Dr. Paul TP Wong
4. “Embrace all emotions: sadness, happiness, sorrow, hate, prejudice, fearl; they are weapons against our greatest enemy: indifference.” – Dave Matthes
5. “Don’t shut down your emotions. Embrace them. Your emotions are your internal compass telling you whether or not you are on track. Use them to help cultivate your passions or motivate you to change situations and circumstances that hold you back from achieving your goals.” – Jillian Michaels
6. “When you refuse to embrace your negative emotions, you are refusing to heal the part of you that was triggered.” – Xavier Dagba
7. “Emotional pain cannot kill you but running from it can. Allow. Embrace it. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal.” – Vironika Tugaleva
8. “Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” – Brian Jacques
9. “Your emotions make you human. Even the unpleasant ones have a purpose. Don’t lock them away. If you ignore them, they just get louder and angrier.” – Sabaa Tahir
10. “Watch a movie that makes you laugh or listen to a song that makes you cry. Embrace your emotions and be proud of what you feel.” – Demi Lovato
Feeling Quotes About The Beauty Of Emotions
11. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
12. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” – Nicholas Sparks
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of heart break quotes about moving on from a break up.
13. “We all live at the mercy of our emotions. Our emotions influence and shape our desires, thoughts and behaviors and above all our destiny.” – Dr T.P.Chia
14. “Let’s not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it.” – Vincent Van Gogh
15. “Emotion is more powerful than reason. Emotion is the driving force behind thinking and reasoning. Emotional intelligence increases the mind’s ability to make positive, brilliant decisions.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
16. “Emotions have taught mankind to reason.” – Marquis De Vauvenargues
17. “The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion.” – Albert Einstein
18. “Cherish your own emotions and never undervalue them.” – Robert Henri
19. “One can never repeat exactly the same emotion.” – Oscar Wilde
20. “Feelings are, as we all know, at the heart of emotion.” – Peter Goldie
Feeling Quotes About Understanding The Feelings Of Others
21. “Sometimes people won’t understand how you feel until it happens to them, until they experience the pain.” – Brigitte Nicole
22. “I’m proud of myself because I understand others feelings.” – Alice Singh
23. “If you want understanding try giving some.”- Malcolm Forbes
24. “This world will be a better place if we try to understand the feelings of others.” – Shashi Girdhar
25. “People can’t understand others’ feelings, they always forget that everyone has a different perspective.” – Dev
26. “When people try to understand others emotions… Then they try to feel the deepness of feelings of others.” – Lisa Christ
27. “Give respect to others thoughts and cherish their feelings, when you do this regularly you’ll step into the magnificent world of wisdom and understanding.” – Unknown
28. “Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it isn’t so.” – Lemony Snicket
Feelings Quotes About Hiding Your Emotions
29. “The more you hide your feelings, the more they show. The more you deny your feelings, the more they grow.” – Unknown
30. “You try to hide your emotions, so as not to show weakness to others. I believe it’s the same for every sportsman.” – Michael Schumacher
31. “She’s been used to hiding her feelings for so long, no wonder her manner can be a little awkward.” – Sophia Kinsella
32. “Hiding your feelings isn’t the easy way out, but sometimes it’s the only thing you can do.” – Kiran Pragash
33. “Hide your emotions beside your attitudes. The true ones can find it, let the ordinaries to go away.” – Priyanka Priyadarsini
34. “Some hide their emotions behind their bright beautiful smile.” – L_I_F_E
35. “Don’t hide your emotions. It’ll make a beast capable to kill you.” – Asmi
36. “Keeping your emotions all locked up is something that is unfair to you. When you clearly know how you feel, you should say it.” – Taylor Swift
More Feelings Quotes About Emotion
37. “Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions never lie to you.” – Roger Ebert
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of confused quotes to help you make a big decision.
38. “Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change.” – Gretchen Rubin
39. “Negative emotion is your indicator of resistance, while positive emotion is your indicator of allowance.” – Esther Hicks
40. “Feelings are like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf.” – Jonatan Martensson
41. “When emotions become speechless, it is expressed only through tears.” – Shanmuga Priya
42. “You have to train your mind to be stronger than your emotions or else you’ll lose yourself every time.” – Unknown
43. “Your emotions are slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
44. “To awaken human emotion is the highest level of art.” – Isadora Duncan
45. “The healthiest of all human emotions is gratitude.” – Hans Selye
46. “The more clearly you understand yourself and your emotions, you become a lover of what is.” – Baruch Spinoza
47. “Where we have strong emotions, we’re liable to fool ourselves.” – Carl Sagan
48. “I have mixed emotions today. It’s been a tough couple of weeks.” – Dave Magarity
49. “I think the crazy emotions are the ones that help you grow into who you’re going to be someday and challenge you, and teach you things about yourself.” – Taylor Swift
50. “I am a human being, with feelings and emotions and scars and flaws, just like anyone else.” – Josh Gordon
Inspirational Feeling Quotes
51. “Failure is a feeling long before it becomes an actual result.” – Michelle Obama
52. “The way we feel about ourselves has consequences for every aspect of our lives.” – Pixie Walker
53. “Talk! Get that weight off your chest, have a good old rant and tell someone exactly how you’re feeling.” – Julia Laflin
54. “To know ourselves better, we must slow down enough to feel our feelings and to hear our deeper thoughts.” – David D. Corbett
55. “Knowing how you feel is the first step toward taking control of your emotions.” – Thibaut Meurisse
56. “To be joyful is a principle. It doesn’t change with emotions. Joy is an inner contentment despite all the circumstances.” – Richard Daly
57. “Feelings are curative.” – Cyndie Spiegel
58. “If we want to attract life partners who are happy, passionate, and empowered, we must first seek to generate these feelings within ourselves.” – Marci Shimoff
59. “Our body translates our thoughts into chemical and physical responses that we experience as emotions. In other words, emotions are the body’s response to the thoughts we think.” – Mali Apple
60. “Our feelings are the source of our energy, they provide the horsepower that makes it possible for us to accomplish the tasks of living.” – M. Scott Peck
What did you learn from these feelings quotes?
Don’t hide from your feelings anymore. Take a moment throughout the day to pause and think about what emotions you’re experiencing at the time. Are you happy? Frustrated? Angry? Sad? Or even surprised?
If you’re out of practice for paying attention to what you’re feeling, this can take a little getting used to. But once you can name your emotion, it allows you to take the next step in handling them.
If you’re struggling with difficult emotions, you can find the right path for seeking help. If you’re experiencing positive emotions, it can make your feelings even stronger when you acknowledge and enjoy them.
April 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST