Find new perspectives on an age-old question with our men who cheat quotes.
It seems that over time, men have earned a reputation as the part of the human species who struggle with monogamy.
Is it true that men are more likely to cheat than women are?
Find out with our men who cheat quotes.
Why do men cheat?
There is no one broad answer to the above question.
However, there is scientific research to explain some of it.
Scientists, historians, relationship therapists, and many others have come to some interesting conclusions regarding relationships, some of which are:
- Sexual monogamy is not natural.
- Men and women are biologically wired to cheat.
- Cheating occurs in every culture across the planet and has existed in every era of time.
Is monogamy natural?
For many happily married people, monogamy is natural, and they enjoy it.
But for many others, the opposite rings true.
Only three percent of mammals on Earth pair for life; the rest have multiple partners.
Some have argued that monogamy, an old word that literally means “one spouse,” does not mean sexual fidelity.
Many have argued that sexuality is a social construct and sexual fidelity has never existed in nature; therefore, having multiple partners is a primal instinct.
Are men and women both wired to cheat?
“Cheating” is a form of loaded language that applies to particular societies.
Many scientists theorize that cheating is a clever reproductive strategy that nature hard-wired into ancient humans to guarantee the species.
Some refer to this concept as clandestine adultery and serial monogamy.
In other words, we still have many hard-wired primal impulses designed to keep our species alive that trump the customs or rules of marriages we grow up on.
Have people always cheated?
Well, in short, yes.
Since humanity’s dawn, we have had multiple stories, myths, and legends centered on stepping outside marriage bonds.
Many of the most significant figures from history stepped outside of their marriage.
It is not something most people proudly proclaim, but we tend to stick to the rule of clandestine adultery with serial monogamy.
To learn more, check out our men who cheat quotes.
Short men who cheat quotes about trust and connection
We begin our journey with these short quotes about men who cheat.
1. “Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.” — Jackie Mason
2. “Men are wise enough to choose a woman who will put up with [cheating].” — Michael Baisden
3. “The core story: a guy having an affair with the mother of the girl he falls in love with.” — Buck Henry
4. “There`s only two people in your life you should lie to: the police and your girlfriend.” — Jack Nicholson
5. “Divorced men are more likely to meet their car payments than their child support obligations.” — Susan Faludi
6. “Once a cheater, always a repeater.” — Melissa Edwards
7. “Men are more prone to cheating, definitely.” — Blu Cantrell
8. “Men are not intelligent when it comes to cheating.” — Michael Baisden
9. “Men cannot survive without cheating; it is in their nature.” — M.F. Moonzajer
10. “All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.” — Red Skelton
The top men who cheat quotes on why cheaters never win
Check out these wise quotes about how cheaters hurt themselves.
11. “In your mind you are cheating somebody, but in reality, you are cheating yourself.” — Cyc Jouzy
12. “If you are stupid enough to cheat, then definitely dumb enough to get caught.” — Aman Jassal
13. “So long there are women around, a cheater will cheat against his promise.” — Anthony Liccione
14. “Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them don`t deserve them.” — Ellen J. Barrier
15. “If you marry a man who cheats on his wife, you`ll be married to a man who cheats on his wife.” — Ann Landers
16. “It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship, by cheating on him or her.” — Ellen J. Barrier
17. “He that will cheat at play, will cheat you any way.” — English Proverb
18. “By a lie, a man annihilates his dignity as a man.” — Immanuel Kant
19. “A guy who`d cheat on his wife would cheat at cards.” — Texas Guinan
20. “If he will cheat on her, that means he will cheat on you.” — Lyfe Jennings
Famous men who cheat quotes for her
What do the ladies have to say about cheating men?
21. “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles; they’re reasons to break up.” — Patti Callahan Henry
22. “Things come apart so easily when they have been held together by lies.” — Dorothy Allison
23. “Never underestimate a man’s ability to make you feel guilty for his mistakes.” — Rihanna
24. “That was how dishonesty and betrayal started, not in big lies but in small secrets.” — Amy Tan
25. “The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones.” — Cheryl Hughes
26. “Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girl’s mouth!” — Gemma Holiday
27. “One lie is enough to question all the truth.” — Samaira Ansari
28. “A liar deceives himself more than anyone, for he believes he can remain a person of good character when he cannot.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
29. “Any affair, by its very nature, is quite dysfunctional.” — Rebekah Brooks
30. “No woman could love a cheater and not pay the price for it.” — Rose Wynters
The best men who cheat quotes about accountability and honesty
These quotes address the hurt that comes with infidelity.
31. “There’s something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.” – Trent Shelton
32. “I’m not upset that you lied to me; I’m upset that from now on, I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
33. “They didn’t cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they are not.” – Charles J. Orlando
34. “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” – J.E.B. Spredemann
35. “If you can’t be committed to another person, at least be committed to the concept of character and don’t cheat.” – Jerry Springer
36. “No lover, if he be of good faith, and sincere, will deny he would prefer to see his mistress dead than unfaithful.” — Marquis De Sade
37. “Infidelity is mentally, emotionally, and physically painful to the betrayed spouse. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.” – Dr. Karen Finn
38. “Don’t cheat if you don’t want to be cheated. A relationship is mutual. This is the golden rule for all great connections.” – Israelmore Ayivor
39. “Cheaters must get some credit before they can cozen, and all falsehood, if not founded in some truth, would not be fixed in any belief.” — Thomas Fuller
40. “Having two women, one who can`t know about the other, and one who must be trusted not to destroy his life, is clearly difficult for him.” — Jennifer Harrison
Men who cheat quotes and sayings about trust bonds and life
We close with these interesting quotes about men who cheat
41. “Men who lack confidence and feel unworthy of love are the leading reasons why men cheat.” — Findatopic
42. “Though we’d all like to think real men don’t cheat under any circumstances, it’s simply not the case.” — Findatopic
43. “Men are more likely to stray than women. This could very well be due to higher levels of testosterone.” — Findatopic
44. “I’m proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned and broken, but somehow it still works.” — Alcatraz Dey
45. “Men like Ben Affleck, Gavin Rossdale, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Tiger Woods had it all: talent, fame, money, and a beautiful family. Yet, with everything to lose, each was unfaithful, got caught, and lost it all.” — Findatopic
46. “Men who are insecure are needy, and seek validation in order to feel good enough, not just to their partners, but to themselves.” — Findatopic
47. “Once someone cheats in the relationship, there’s no reason to stay. If they truly loved you, they would’ve never cheated.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
48. “It hurts to be cheated, so I do not cheat on people.” — Jasmin Guy
49. “Extramarital affairs occur in the mind as well as the bedroom.” — Dr. Gary Smalley
50. “The bottom line is that many men cheat, and that’s their business.” — Damon Dash
Is there hope for love?
Do not let the above quotes or information jade your perception of love, connection, and bonds.
Plenty of people would never dream of cheating on their partner.
However, countless others would.
Perhaps we would benefit from redefining some of our social constructs.
Do you have a favorite men who cheat quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.