Number quotes are hard to find.
However, to assist you in finding the best quotes that are worthy to share, the list provided in this article can be helpful.
In addition, you can also learn about the different aspects associated with numbers.
You might also like these related articles:
Numbers have played a fundamental role in terms of empowering human understanding.
With the help of numbers and data, we are capable of achieving scientific goals.
Apart from their importance in mathematics, numbers have played a significant role in the realm of spirituality and symbolism.
Numbers in Mathematics
When it comes to the role of numbers in mathematics, one can understand their true worth.
In the absence of the numbers, it won’t be possible to perform mathematical calculations.
The study of numbers is known as arithmetic.
This involves basic operations of addition, division, multiplication, and subtraction.
There are various types of numbers, including:
- Real Numbers
- Natural Numbers
- Whole Numbers
- Rational Numbers
- Irrational Numbers
- Complex Numbers
Numbers in Spirituality
In addition to their role in mathematics, numbers are also important for spirituality.
Different numbers have a spiritual significance of their own.
Here are a few of the most common examples:
It usually symbolizes unity and represents the divine source.
One is considered the source from which everything originates.
Three number is linked to a sense of completeness.
It relates to the Holy Trinity in Christianity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
Number three is also important in Hinduism due to the concept of Trimurti (Vishnu, Brahma, Shiva).
Seven is referred to as a mystical number.
It appears to be frequently used in various spiritual contexts.
It is also related to the seven chakras in Hinduism.
The number seven also depicts the 7 days of creation in Christianity.
In Christianity and Judaism, the number twelve also holds significant value.
It is the number of apostles of Jesus and the tribes of Israel.
The number forty is associated with a concept of reflection, purification, and spiritual transformation.
Such concepts are also discussed in stories like the “Forty Days and Nights of Rain during Noah’s Ark”.
Numbers and Symbolism
Numbers also symbolize different aspects of literature, art, and culture.
A couple of them are discussed below:
In literature and art, numbers have allegorical meanings or represent abstract concepts.
For instance, in Western culture, the number 666 is usually used to depict evil or the devil.
Numerology is the study of the mystical significance of different numbers.
It also explains the influence of numbers on human life.
For this purpose, numerology attaches special meaning to specific numbers.
This helps to analyze and understand the characteristics and destinies of different individuals.
Top 10 Number Quotes
This section contains the top 10 number quotes and interesting facts regarding numbers.
1. “Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare.” — Rene Descartes
2. “I’m writing a book. I’ve got the page numbers done.” — Steven Wright
3. “It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.” — George W. Bush
4. “A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.” — Plato
5. “Numbers don’t lie. Women lie, men lie, but numbers don’t lie.” — Max Holloway
6. “It is the weight, not number of experiments, that is to be regarded.” — Isaac Newton
7. “I’m a businessman, and what I know are numbers and business.” — Magic Johnson
8. “We must say that there are as many squares as there are numbers.” — Galileo Galilei
9. “You don’t have to be a mathematician to have a feel for numbers.” — John Forbes Nash, Jr.
10. “Unions are about the collective leverage, the power of numbers versus the power of capital.” — Kevin O’Leary
Number Quotes Showing the Impact of Numbers
Explore the following quotes to unleash numbers’ impact on our life and personality.
11. “Math is the great equalizer. If you can do the numbers, the boys have to respect you.” — Audrey MacLean
12. “God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on with the prime numbers.” — Paul Erdos
13. “I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore, and I know too much to go back and pretend.” — Helen Reddy
14. “There is strength in numbers, but organizing those numbers is one of the great challenges.” — John C. Mather
15. “When you set the right targets and aspirations, and you work efficiently and diligently, the numbers happen.” — Anand Mahindra
16. “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” — George Washington
17. “The methods of theoretical physics should be applicable to all those branches of thought in which the essential features are expressible with numbers.” — Paul Dirac
18. “When you have mastered numbers, you will, in fact, no longer be reading numbers, any more than you read words when reading books. You will be reading meanings.” — W. E. B. Du Bois
19. “The numbers may be said to rule the whole world of quantity, and the four rules of arithmetic may be regarded as the complete equipment of the mathematician.” — James C. Maxwell
20. “People tend to think that numbers are quite objective, but numbers in economics are not like this. Some economists say they’re like sausages: you don’t know what they really are until you cut into them.” — Ha-Joon Chang
Number Quotes On the Importance of Numbers
Numbers have great importance in day-to-day life, which is difficult to avoid.
21. “There is always strength in numbers.” — Mark Shields
22. “Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers.” — Shakuntala Devi
23. “The budget is not just a collection of numbers, but an expression of our values and aspirations.” — Jack Lew
24. “The job numbers are positive. We’ve had more jobs created now than were lost during the recession.” — Stephen Harper
25. “The most important thing in arithmetic is not the shapes of the numbers but the reality living in them.” — Rudolf Steiner
26. “The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base ten counting system and likes round numbers.” — Scott Adams
27. “I’ve seen how the issues that come across a president’s desk are always the hard ones – the problems where no amount of data or numbers will get you to the right answer.” — Michelle Obama
28. “Nevertheless, the number of farmers, small as well as large, who are adopting the new seeds and new technology is increasing very rapidly, and the increase in numbers during the past three years has been phenomenal.” — Norman Borlaug
29. “All the mathematical sciences are founded on relations between physical laws and laws of numbers so that the aim of exact science is to reduce the problems of nature to the determination of quantities by operations with numbers.” — James C. Maxwell
30. “Darwin based his theory on generalizations that were strictly empirical. You can go out and see that organisms do vary, that variations are inherited, and that every organism is capable of increasing its numbers in sufficiently favorable circumstances.” — George C. Williams
Number Quotes Related to Experience
Here’s profound wisdom about numbers with experience-infused quotes.
31. “In baseball, my theory is to strive for consistency, not to worry about the numbers.” — Tom Seaver
32. “I think more about preparation than numbers. If I’m well prepared, there will be results.” — Ada Hegerberg
33. “What matters to me is that I do what I think is right, and I see, I’m a numbers guy; that’s my attitude.” — Paul Ryan
34. “I’m brilliant at working out numbers up to 180, but if you ask me to split a restaurant bill, I’m rubbish.” — Adrian Lewis
35. “To emphasize only the beautiful seems to me to be like a mathematical system that only concerns itself with positive numbers.” — Paul Klee
36. “Don’t ever let your business get ahead of the financial side of your business. Accounting, accounting, accounting. Know your numbers.” — Tilman J. Fertitta
37. “If there had been a school for the creative arts, I might have thrived, but… I needed that creative outlet so much. Also, I’m just bad with numbers.” — Amy Adams
38. “I’ve always been fascinated by numbers. Before I was seventeen years old, I had lived in twenty-one different houses. In my mind, each of those houses had a number.” — Robert Indiana
39. “I take after my mother more than my father in terms of personality. My mother’s a worrier, and I’m a worrier. Both were very good with numbers and mathematics, so I kind of got that from both of them.” — Michael Mina
40. “I’m looking for backing for an unauthorized auto-biography I am writing. Hopefully, this will sell in such huge numbers that I will be able to sue myself for an extraordinary amount of money and finance the film version in which I will play everybody.” — David Bowie
Various quotes about numbers
Here are a few more quotes about numbers for your enjoyment.
41. “Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers.” — Jesse Ventura
42. “Count the dreams of your mind; if the number of the dreams exceeds the number of achievements, you are young.” — Shimon Peres
43. “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers.” — Simon Sinek
44. “Originality exists in every individual because each of us differs from the others. We are all primary numbers divisible only by ourselves.” — Jean Guitton
45. “I think no matter how old you are – and I am pretty up there in terms of numbers – I think you should do whatever makes you happy.” — Florence Henderson
46. “Evil is a sucker for solidity. It always goes for big numbers, for confident granite, for ideological purity, for drilled armies and balanced sheets.” — Joseph Brodsky
47. “The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don’t have to ask anyone or play politics. You don’t have to wait for the reviews.” — Sandy Koufax
48. “I think most people think that a spiritual path or growing spiritually means that all of a sudden you’ll be able to forecast the six lotto numbers, and all your bills will be paid.” — Iyanla Vanzant
49. “Both free speech rights and property rights belong legally to individuals, but their real function is social, to benefit vast numbers of people who do not themselves exercise these rights.” — Thomas Sowell
50. “Many go through life afraid of numbers and upset by numbers. They would rather amble along through life miscounting, miscalculating and, in general, mismanaging their worldly affairs than make friends with numbers.” — Shakuntala Devi
Which One of these Number Quotes is your Favorite?
Numbers are known for their diverse role in our lives.
Also, numbers are believed to have a profound influence on human expression and understanding.
In this article, we have tried to list the best number quotes that you can share with your friends and family.
If you can come across a quote that inspires you the most, do share it with us.
For this purpose, you can take advantage of our comments section.
We would love to hear from you.