Be Palm, Carry On, Palm Sunday Quotes
September 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Revive yourself with these warm Palm Sunday quotes.
Palm Sunday falls on the Sunday before Easter.
For Christians, Palm Sunday is a holiday to celebrate peace and salvation.
A time for forgiveness and reflection. Donkeys, palm leaves, and ash are familiar parts of their tradition for Christians who celebrate Palm Sunday.
The day is observed to commemorate the occasion when Jesus Christ rode on a donkey atop palm leaves into the city of Jerusalem.
The donkey symbolizes peace, so riding on it shows the person has peaceful intentions.
The Orthodox Church in Russia has one of the most elaborate Palm Sunday celebration feasts.
Millions of people celebrate this holiday across the globe.
Some call the holiday Branch Sunday or Passion Sunday.
The celebrations vary from culture to culture.
Check out our Palm Sunday quotes and let us know which is your favorite.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Palm Sunday Quotes And Sayings
To get you in the ready for Palm Sunday please read the quotes below. It is interesting to see how others view Palm Sunday.
1. “Instantly, slap ya five, like its Palm Sunday.” – GZA
You will also enjoy our article on Sunday quotes.
2. “Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter that begins the Holy Week.” – Debbie McDaniel
3. “I remember when Martin Luther King was assassinated and riots broke out in the city. We celebrated Palm Sunday on 14th Street.” – Ian MacKaye
4. “Palm Sunday is the last Sunday in Lent and the Sunday before Easter.” – Penny Noyes
5. “Palm Sunday is a moveable holiday meaning it’s date changes each year based on Lent and the spring equinox.” – Debbie McDaniel
6. “It’s Palm Sunday, and so begins our journey with Jesus from Jerusalem’s gate to Golgotha’s cross to Easter’s triumph!” – Anonymous
7. “On the heels of Palm Sunday, as we begin this Holy Week, may we constantly be reminded of its significance and value for our lives today.” – Debbie McDaniel
8. “In the Orthodox Church Palm Sunday is a continuation of the celebration of Lazarus’ resurrection recorded in John 11.” – Penny Noyes
9. “Many churches celebrate Palm Sunday with the waving of palm branches, singing traditional hymns, and making crosses out of palm fronds.” – Debbie McDaniel
10. “Alleluia, how the people cheer and palm leaves rustle as the King draws near.” – John Beavis
Palm Sunday Quotes About What Palm Sunday Means
To get a quick overview on what Palm Sunday means you can read what others say about it. Check out the quotes below.
11. “Palm Sunday commemorates Jesus’ arrival in Jerusalem for the Jewish holiday of Passover.” – Penny Noyes
12. “So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!’” – John 12:13
13. “Palm Sunday is one of the great feasts of the Orthodox Church.” – Penny Noyes
14. “On Palm Sunday Jesus had the bigger picture in mind. He looked beyond the present and thought about the world’s future.” – Anonymous
15. “No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.” – William Penn
16. “May God shower you with blessings and love on Palm Sunday and always. Have a blessed day.” – Anonymous
17. “Palm Sunday is like a glimpse of Easter. It’s a little bit joyful after being sombre during Lent.” – Laura Gale
18. “But Palm Sunday tells us that it is the cross that is the true tree of life.” – Pope Benedict XVI
19. “Many churches celebrate Palm Sunday” – Debbie McDaniel
20. “Let’s welcome this Palm Sunday by singing and praising the Lord Jesus. Hail the Lord.” – Anonymous
Palm Sunday Quotes From The Bible
The best place to find out about Palm Sunday is the Bible itself or from others of Christian faith. Take a look at some of the quotes below.
21. “Palm Sunday is all about the voluntary death of Jesus. He came to die. He planned to die. He intended to die.” – Luke 13:33
22. “As we recognize Palm Sunday, how you would welcome the Lord Jesus Christ into your own life on a daily basis.” – Matt. 21:1-11
23. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
24. “The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!'” – John 12:9-19
25. “For many people, this day [Palm Sunday] is the unofficial beginning of Spring Break, but it has a deeper significance for Christians” – Penny Noyes
26. “Historical celebration of Palm Sunday or Passion Sunday, as the Sunday before Easter was called in the Catholic, Episcopalian, and Anglican churches, can be traced back over 1600 years.” – Penny Noyes
27. “On Palm Sunday, Jesus had the bigger picture in mind. He looked beyond the present and thought about the world’s future.” – Toby Mac
28. “Every year, my calendar reminds me that it is almost Palm Sunday.” – Penny Noyes
29. “Palm Sunday reminds us that the reign of Christ is far greater than any the mind of man could ever conceive or plan” – Debbie McDaniel
Palm Sunday Quotes For Instagram
Below are some great quotes that would work well matched with a picture for an Instagram post. Check out the quotes below.
30. “It’s Palm Sunday and it’s time to look back and remember what Christ has done for you. He had you on His mind over 2000 years ago!” – Anonymous
31. “Life is full of ups and downs. Glorify God during the ups and fully trust in Him during the downs. Happy Palm Sunday to you.” – Anonymous
32. “May you enjoy the beauty of the season of spring, may your heart be filled with happiness and joy, may you have a wonderful Palm Sunday with your loved ones, warm wishes on Palm Sunday to you.” – Anonymous
33. “May the angels protect you, may the sadness forget you, may goodness surround you, and may God always bless you. Happy Palm Sunday!” – Anonymous
34. “Today is Palm Sunday which marks Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem. It is also the beginning of Holy Week.” – Anonymous
35. “Palm Sunday is the celebration of new flowers and chirping birds. It is the celebration of the arrival of Jesus in our lives.” – Anonymous
36. “Good morning on this Palm Sunday everything I do, I do in the name of the Lord.” – Anonymous
37. “Praying that your days ahead be full of high spirits. Happy Palm Sunday.” – Anonymous
38. “I hope Sunday is not the only day of the week you go to God; each Sunday is special but today more so—happy Palm Sunday!” – Anonymous
39. “Jesus arrived just like He died. Praise to our humble servant King!” – Anonymous
40. “Have a blessed and happy Palm Sunday. Remember a week before He was crucified like a criminal, He rode into the city a King.” – Anonymous
Inspirational Palm Sunday Quotes
These quotes will leave you inspired and appreciative for Palm Sunday. See the quotes below.
41. “May the spirit of this holy occasion, the warmth of the season, make your heart bloom with joy and happiness. Have a blessed Palm Sunday.” – Anonymous
42. “The observance of Palm Sunday in Jerusalem was witnessed by the pilgrim Egeria in about 381-384.” – Penny Noyes
43. “Today, many years ago, He rode a donkey, not a horse. Peace is still the way He travels.” – Anonymous
44. “Palm Sunday is to take inspiration from Christ and be a good soul. Make sure to have a wonderful Palm Sunday!” – Anonymous
45. “Today, Palm Sunday, we begin Holy Week. Send your prayers and petitions for Easter to the National Shrine of St. Jude.” – Anonymous
46. “May the spirit of this Sunday The wonders of this season, and the beauty of springtime. Fill your heart with joy and your life with love.” – Anonymous
47. “Palm is a very special day for every Christian and we must celebrate this day with great enthusiasm.”– Anonymous
48. “Sending warm wishes on Palm Sunday.” – Anonymous
49. “Remember finally, that the ashes that were on your forehead are created from the burnt palms of last Palm Sunday.” – Richard Rohr
50. “…and people are to march around the church to commemorate the event, Palm Sunday, when Jesus rode into Jerusalem and was greeted with applause and with palms. People thought he had come to overthrow the Romans, but… no… he had come to change them… and that led to things turning bad.” – Garrison Keillor
How Do You Celebrate Palm Sunday?
Many share that they like Palm Sunday because of the idea of making a path with the palms.
The palm path has a double meaning: The leaves symbolize the believer’s path they are laying in pursuit of their aspirations and goals, they also represent the idea of laying out the path for someone special to return.
In this case, it would be celebrating Jesus’ return to Jerusalem and the symbolic return of the believer’s conviction.
Since people also enjoy gathering together during this time, they creat crafts out of the palm leaves.
People adorn the leaves into hats, handbags, crosses, bowls, animal shapes, and other things.
People make palm crafts together as an act of unison and togetherness.
The palm leaves are blessed and then burned into ash.
Some people take the ash and have it smeared on their faces.
The Palm Sunday celebration is an old tradition that remains popular.
Did any of the Palm Sunday quotes resonate with you or your family or friends? See what others think by commenting below and posting on social media.