If you have ever heard a great sermon or powerful message, you will enjoy these preach quotes.
According to dictionary.com, the term preach means “to proclaim or make known by sermon, to deliver a sermon, or to advocate or inculcate a truth in speech or writing.”
You might also enjoy these related articles:
While the word preach can mean articulating an opinion on any subject, it is best known as a way to convey religious messages through sermons.
One of the most famous Bible verses about preaching is Mark 16:15, which says, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
While this message calls for everyone to go into the world and spread the gospel, preaching is often associated with a pastor’s message every Sunday at church.
The pastor most often delivers this weekly sermon of the church and is an oration to address a specific idea related to scripture.
Take a few minutes to learn more about preaching through these preach quotes!
Best Preach Quotes
Take a look at some of the best quotes about preaching.
1. “Preach the gospel to yourself every day.” — Jerry Bridges
2. “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.” — Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Do all you can to preach the gospel and, if necessary, use words!” — Francis of Assisi
4. “If I had only one sermon to preach, it would be a sermon against pride.” — G.K. Chesterton
5. “Just because the truth is unpopular doesn’t mean that it should not be proclaimed.” — Billy Graham
6. “We were happy preaching. They were happy beating us, so everyone was happy.” — Richard Wurmbrand
7. “Preachers are not salesmen, for they have nothing to sell. They are bearers of Good News.” — Billy Graham
8. “Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults.” — John Calvin
9. “A number of us decided to pay the price for the privilege of preaching, so we accepted their [the communists’] terms. It was a deal; we preached, and they beat us.” — Richard Wurmbrabnd
10. “A sermon that just informs the mind can give people things to do after they go home, but a sermon that moves the heart from loving career or acclaim or one’s own independence to loving God and his Son changes listeners on the spot.” — Timothy Keller
Check out our collection of Apostle Paul quotes if you enjoy this article.
Inspirational Preach Quotes
Here are some preach quotes to inspire you.
11. “What is preaching? It is proclamation, not just moralizing.” — Ian Pitt-Watson
12. “Only once did God choose a completely sinless preacher.” — Alexander Whyte
13. “The best means of preaching the gospel is by personal contact.” — David O. McKay
14. “If one preaches the Bible biblically, one cannot help preaching the gospel all the time.” — J.I. Packer
15. “To preach Christ is to feed the soul, to justify it, to set it free, and to save it if it believes the preaching.” — Martin Luther
16. “I only hope that He will let me preach to those who have never heard that name Jesus. What else is worthwhile in this life?” — Jim Elliot
17. “The biggest threat to the church today is fans who call themselves Christians but aren’t actually interested in following Christ.” — Kyle Idleman
18. “I don’t like to hear cut-and-dried sermons. No—when I hear a man preach, I like to see him act as if he were fighting bees.” — Abraham Lincoln
19. “The backslider likes the preaching that wouldn’t hit the side of a house, while the real disciple is delighted when the truth brings him to his knees.” — Billy Sunday
20. “The Gospel we preach must not be just something we hear from men or read from books or even conceived through our meditation. Unless it is delivered to us by God, it can serve no spiritual utility.” — Watchman Nee
Preach Quotes From Sermon on The Mount
The Sermon on the Mount is one of Jesus’ most famous teachings.
21. “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.” — Luke 6:43
22. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.” — Matthew 5:14
23. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” — Matthew 5:6
24. “Looking at his disciples, he said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.” — Luke 6:20
25. “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.” — Luke 6:32
26. “Most people are willing to take the Sermon on the Mount as a flag to sail under, but few will use it as a rudder by which to steer.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
27. “Now, when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.” — Matthew 5:1-2
28. “I do not believe there is a problem in this country or the world today which could not be settled if approached through the teaching of the Sermon on the Mount.” — Harry S. Truman
29. “The Sermon on the Mount commands me to lay up for myself treasures, not upon earth, but in Heaven. My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ.” — John Quincy Adams
30. “Humanly speaking, it is possible to understand the Sermon on the Mount in a thousand different ways. But Jesus knows only one possibility: simple surrender and obedience – not interpreting or applying it, but doing and obeying it.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Preach Quotes About Preaching
Preaching the Gospel of Jesus is powerful, effective, and life-changing.
31. “Christ never preached any funeral sermons.” — Dwight L. Moody
32. “Lord, help me to preach today as if it were the last sermon I would ever preach.” — Jack Hyles
33. “I’d rather have people hate me with the knowledge that I tried to save them.” — Keith Green
34. “To love to preach is one thing to love those to whom we preach, quite another.” — Richard Cecil
35. “It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.” — Francis of Assisi
36. “Preach you Christ, and Christ, and Christ, and Christ, and nothing else but Christ.” — Charles Spurgeon
37. “A popular evangelist reaches your emotions. A true prophet reaches your conscience.” — Leonard Ravenhill
38. “If preachers decide to preach about hope, let them preach out of what they themselves hope for.” — Frederick Buechner
39. “A preacher must be both soldier and shepherd. He must nourish, defend, and teach he must have teeth in his mouth, and be able to bite and fight.” — Martin Luther
40. “A minister, without boldness, is like a smooth file, a knife without an edge, a sentinel that is afraid to let off his gun. If men will be bold in sin, ministers must be bold to reprove.” — William Gurnall
Preach Quotes From Billy Graham
One of the most famous preachers, Billy Graham, spoke many sermons.
41. “God loves you!” — Billy Graham
42. “The Christian life isn’t a playground but a battlefield.” — Billy Graham
43. “Prayer is not just asking. It is listening for God’s orders.” — Billy Graham
44. “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” — Billy Graham
45. “The whole Bible is a love story. It’s a love story between God and man.” — Billy Graham
46. “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge, and my job to love.” — Billy Graham
47. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” — Billy Graham
48. “God has promised to supply all of our needs, but He’s never promised to supply all of our greeds.” — Billy Graham
49. “Christianity is not a white man’s religion. And don’t ever let anybody tell you that it’s white or black.” — Billy Graham
50. “With so much soap, why are there so many dirty people in the world? Christianity, like soap, must be personally applied if it is to make a difference in our lives.” — Billy Graham
What is the Origin of the Word Preach
Preach comes from the Greek word kerusso, which means to proclaim or declare, or announce a message.
In those times, a “kerux”, the official spokesman of the king, would announce with a clear message the desires, dictates, orders, or news that the king wanted to relay to the people.
Please share these preach quotes with your family and friends, and share your favorite preaching quote in the comment section below.