Music fans will love these Slash quotes from one of the legends of rock and roll.
Saul Hudson, who is better known as Slash, is the lead guitarist of the legendary rock band Guns N’ Roses.
Slash was born in London, England, in 1965 and has been active in the music profession since 1981; he joined Guns N’ Roses in 1985.
After years with the band, he recognized the tension in the group and went solo and then founded a couple of bands himself.
He released five solo albums before reuniting with Guns N’ Roses in 2016.
His skill as a guitarist has been recognized many times, and in 2009, Time magazine named him the 2nd best Electric Guitar Player, while Gibson Guitar named him in the 34th place in their list of “Top 50 Guitarists of All Time.”
Slash was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012 and is still performing with Guns N’ Roses.
Take a few minutes to enjoy these Slash quotes from one of the greatest guitarists of all time!
Iconic Slash Quotes
Check out these iconic quotes from the British-American guitarist.
1. “I’m intimidated by singing.” — Slash
2. “Musicians never actually talk about music.” — Slash
3. “Guitar is the best form of self-expression I know.” — Slash
4. “I never want to draw attention to myself, but that’s all I do.” — Slash
5. “Guitars are like women. You’ll never get them totally right.” — Slash
6. “My grandmother was really the last person to call me Saul.” — Slash
7. “It’s a constant quest to find that harmony, to connect with it.” — Slash
8. “Have you ever seen a giraffe’s tongue? It’s about two feet long!” — Slash
9. “The hardest thing about being a rockstar is not being a rockstar.” — Slash
10. “Being a rockstar is the intersection of who you are and who you want to be.” — Slash
Slash Quotes From His Songs
Throughout his career, Slash has sung many well-known songs and lyrics.
11. “Don’t fight it; ignite it.” — Slash
12. “Kill the ghost that hides in your soul.” — Slash
13. “Doctor, I ain’t gonna die. Just write me an alibi.” — Slash
14. “I hear the thunder thumping, and my heart starts jumping.” — Slash
15. “Oh, Starlight, don’t you cry; we’re gonna make it right before tomorrow.” — Slash
16. “You’ll have to carry me back from Cali. I’m tired and broken, and I lost my way.” — Slash
17. “Rags to riches, or so they say. You gotta keep pushing for the fortune and fame, you know it.” — Slash
Slash Quotes His Fans Will Love
Whether you’re a new or longtime fan of Slash, you’ll be sure to love these quotes from him.
18. “I might have been tripping over myself drunk, but I was always courteous.” — Slash
19. “When it comes down to it, I like being with one person that I’m comfortable with.” — Slash
20. “Rock n’ roll is about attitude and rebellion. It’s supposed to be fun and spontaneous.” — Slash
21. “Those coincidental moments that change your life seem random at the time, but I don’t think they are.” — Slash
22. “I once asked Axl why he left the ‘E’ off his name. He started crying and said he thought he’d spelled it right.” — Slash
23. “For me, the original Guns N’ Roses is the embodiment of a certain kind of chemistry that really couldn’t be duplicated.” — Slash
24. “Between the Beatles and the Stones, my dad liked the Stones, so there was definitely an innate gene that I got from him.” — Slash
25. “The people who call me Saul are fans who want to have that personal connection. I’m not sure what the psychology behind that is, but I’m assuming they want to get beyond Slash.” — Slash
Slash’s Personal Life
Slash is a dual citizen of the United Kingdom and the United States but has lived in the United States since 1971.
He has been married and divorced twice and has two children.
Slash is devoted to music and animals.
He contributes to nonprofits that help bring music education to disadvantaged schools and supports zoos around the world.
Please share these Slash quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Do you think that life imitates art, or is art imitating life? Before you answer that, read this article to understand what the phrase means.
There are many ways to nourish your soul, from breathing and spending time with nature to volunteering; here are ten ways to start today.
Rather than doing nothing and getting sucked into a terrible rabbit hole, let’s explore ten ways to reinvent yourself so you – and your life – can become unstuck.
You are never too old, poor, young, or sick to live your dreams.
Check out these related quote articles:
These profound and thought-provoking song quotes offer insights into life, love, and everything in between.
Rap combines rhythm and poetry, where words become weapons and stories are etched into beats.
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.
Sometimes thinking outside of the box has the power to open a window of opportunity you may never have realized.