If you love music, you’ll enjoy our list of the best guitar quotes.
These quotes are quite popular among the youth, especially those inclined toward playing guitar.
Sharing these quotes via social media platforms would be a great idea.
Apart from our quotes section, we have also talked about the guitar and its different types.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Some Words About Guitar
The guitar is among the world’s most versatile and popular musical instruments.
It is a simple stringed instrument that is easy to carry.
The guitar has evolved a lot in the past, which diversified its usage.
There are numerous techniques and styles that one can use to play guitar.
However, it depends on the fact whether you are an experienced or a beginner player.
Origin of the Guitar
The origin of this musical instrument dates back to ancient civilizations like Rome, Egypt, and Greece.
It is a beloved and versatile musical instrument with a rich history.
Initially, guitars were simple, as a few strings were attached to a basic structure.
On the other hand, modern guitars were revamped and reshaped in the 19th century.
For instance, this era introduced electric guitars.
With the invention of the electric guitar, pop music was also revolutionized.
Popular Types of Guitars
Here are the most popular types of guitars:
- Acoustic Guitar
- Electric Guitar
- Classical Guitar
This type of guitar produces acoustic sound by transmitting the vibration created by a string into the air.
It is among the simplest forms of guitars, which amateurs and music students widely use.
The acoustic guitar is commonly used in country, folk, and rock music.
The engaging and soothing sound of this guitar attracts listeners and music lovers.
This is one of the most popular guitars used since the 19th century.
It works by converting the vibration of a guitar’s strings into electrical signals.
The sound is then produced by using a guitar amplifier.
The electric guitar is widely used in various music genres, including pop, jazz, rock, and blues.
As the name suggests, this guitar is used in classical music.
It is similar to the acoustic guitar.
The structure of a classical guitar is simple.
The neck of this guitar is wider and uses strings made of nylon.
Top 10 Guitar Quotes
Let’s start with the top 10 guitar quotes from our compilation.
1. “I just go where the guitar takes me.” — Angus Young
2. “My guitar was a loyal person to me.” — Dave Mustaine
3. “I wanted to connect my guitar to human emotions.” — B. B. King
4. “The guitar was my weapon, my shield to hide behind.” — Brian May
5. “The violin is my mistress, but the guitar is my master.” — Niccolo Paganini
6. “Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it.” — Thom Yorke
7. “My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who I am.” — Joan Jett
8. “I sing and play the guitar, and I’m a walking, talking bacterial infection.” — Kurt Cobain
9. “Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.” — Pele
10. “Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.” — Johnny Depp
Guitar Quotes that are Sensational
These guitar quotes will strike a chord with every music lover. So get some inspiration from the sensational words of the greats and feel the music come alive.
11. “I like to be quiet and play guitar and just chill.” — Post Malone
12. “I play guitar and sing when I’m not busy with school and acting.” — Kaitlyn Dever
13. “I can play rhythm guitar. I know how to hold a guitar and strum it.” — Jamie Lee Curtis
14. “With a guitar, I would be able to express the things I felt in sounds.” — William Christopher Handy
15. “I don’t read music. I don’t write it. So I wander around on the guitar until something starts to present itself.” — James Taylor
16. “Great musicians are great musicians, whether they’re playing the trombone or an electric guitar or a xylophone.” — Chris Stapleton
17. “I have to work hard to get the record deal – I have to spend years at it to get good. I have to practice to be good at guitar.” — Taylor Swift
18. “I have to have a guitar sitting around… I sing around the house. The music comes secondary. The lyrics come first.” — Emmylou Harris
19. “I believe every guitar player inherently has something unique about their playing. They just have to identify what makes them different and develop it.” — Jimmy Page
20. “I think it’s so cool that you can pick up the guitar and create something that didn’t exist 5 minutes ago. You can write something that no one has ever heard before. You have music at your fingertips.” — Michelle Branch
Guitar Quotes Related to Music
Here are the guitar quotes closely related to the music and melodies.
21. “I’ve played guitar and piano for a while, so it’s really fun to play music on film.” — Austin Butler
22. “I’m like a bad musical cliche because I bring my guitar on the road and try to write songs in hotel rooms.” — Moby
23. “Growing up, I was listening to a lot of Metallica, a lot of instrumental guitar music because I started out as a guitar player.” — Ludwig Goransson
24. “The music I was really listening to in 1968 was James Brown, the great guitar player Jimi Hendrix, and a new group… Sly and the Family Stone, led by Sly Stewart from San Francisco.” — Miles Davis
25. “Ninety percent of all music is always crap, and when too many people decide they’re going to have guitar bands, then ninety percent of them are going to be crap. It’s just a given law.” — David Byrne
More Guitar Quotes About Music
Here are more quotes about music and guitars.
26. “The Marshall guitar amplifier doesn’t get louder when you turn it up. It distorts the sound to produce a whole range of new harmonics, effectively turning a plucked string instrument into a bowed one.” — Brian Eno
27. “The thing I find frustrating about rock music is how different you can make an acoustic drum kit sound, an electric guitar, and vocals. It’s very stuck, whereas, with electronic music, new sounds are being created.” — Flume
29. “Bryan Adams might not be what I want to put on, but he’s a pop singer with a great voice and great guitar tone. Plus, he’s done more for Canada than Rush has because he works all the time. I envy him for that.” — Alex Lifeson
29. “The one thing I do have is good ears. I don’t mean perfect pitch, but ears for picking things up. I developed my ear through piano theory, but I never had a guitar lesson in my life, except Eric Clapton off of records.” — Eddie Van Halen
30. “’Appetite for Destruction’ was the only thing written with lyrics and melody fitting the guitar parts at the same time. After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to, and I don’t know if that was the best thing for Guns.” — Axl Rose
Guitar Quotes that are Soothing
These are the guitar quotes filled with soothing nostalgia.
31. “It all comes down to the density of the wood. Every guitar’s different.” — Robin Trower
32. “I sing and play guitar and harmonica. I’ve been doing it for a long time.” — Harry Dean Stanton
33. “That happens every time I get behind a guitar, regardless of what I’m saying, ’cause music is freedom, and being free is the closest I’ve ever felt to being spiritual.” — Ben Harper
34. “I grew up with all kinds of music, but my heart was particularly drawn to Country Music because of the guitar playing, the lyrics, and of artists like Steve Warner and Vince Gill.” — Bryan White
35. “Usually, I’ll just sit down at a piano or with a guitar, and I’ll just be relaxed and playing music. Because that’s what relaxes your subconscious. That’s why everyone from animals to humans love music.” — Cat Power
36. “Robert Duvall saw me playing at a restaurant in Louisiana and invited me to be an extra in his movie ‘The Apostle.’ He gave me a guitar for my sixth birthday, and I thought that was the coolest thing in the world.” — Hunter Hayes
37. “My dad would always ask, ‘How’s the money?’ but I was never interested. Millions came and went, stolen by robbers in the music industry. But as someone said, ‘You’ll never be poor as long as you can pick up a guitar.’” — Donovan
More Guitar Quotes for Music Lovers
Keep on reading if you can’t enough of these guitar quotes.
38. “For me, it always comes down to what is a good song, and I’m very old fashioned in the way that I like to make songs that have something classic about them, whether you can play them with an orchestra or an electro synthesizer or an acoustic guitar.” — Marc Almond
39. “I went through a period in my life where I didn’t have money to buy ramen noodles and peanut butter and jelly, but I also needed to go to the guitar store and buy strings and picks and polish and rags. I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t play guitar.” — Joe Bonamassa
40. “Inspiration is a really hard thing to describe, but it’s something that triggers your brain, like the first time I heard a certain guitar player that I loved or the first time that I saw a monster or the first time that I saw anything that really was an epiphany for me. It just stays with you your whole life.” — John V
Some More Guitar Quotes
Let’s explore more guitar quotes that resonate with music lovers and guitar enthusiasts.
41. “In the ’90s, guitar solos were dead.” — Chris Daughtry
42. “I just play the guitar and write songs.” — John Denver
43. “I actually first picked up a ukulele before I picked up a guitar.” — Dick Dale
44. “What I couldn’t say verbally I was able to express physically through the guitar.” — Dave Mustaine
45. “Generally, my songs are just some riffs slung together as an excuse for a guitar solo.” — J Mascis
46. “A guitar riff played on a piano doesn’t come close to the purity of it being played on a guitar, but I faked it enough to get by.” — Barry Mann
47. “I used a baritone guitar with a very unusual tuning that became the body of the composition, while the classical guitar is on top of it with the main rhythm part.” — Lee Ritenour
48. “After Sleater-Kinney broke up in 2006, I had little desire to play music. It took well over three years before picking up a guitar meant anything to me other than an exercise.” — Carrie Brownstein
49. “And they kind of left to find a guitar player at the very end, so you know, I don’t really take it as any slight that I wasn’t able to play on the record. It’s flattering just to play with them, period.” — James Iha
50. “I’ll only pick up my guitar if something is knocking on the door. Once the melodies have sort of been bothering me for a time, then I pick up my guitar and try to find them. But only if they want to be found.” — Jim James
Which One of these Guitar Quotes is your Favorite?
Guitars have played a key role in shaping music.
This kind of musical instrument is quite popular among almost all types of instrumentalists.
This is why guitar quotes are quite famous among the masses.
The quotes listed above are carefully curated to offer you the best possible experience.
If you liked these quotes, you might also want to check out our violin quotes!
Hence, it will help you find your favorite guitar quote.
If you have already come across a quote that inspires you the most, do let us know.
You can do this by commenting in the section below.