What makes flowers so beautiful? These flower quotes might help you answer that, or at least provide you with some flowery words for a card!
It could be the aroma, maybe the vibrant color, or the shape and delicacy of the petals.
It might also be the resilience that a flower demonstrates in the face of weather and other adversities.
I think it’s human nature to marvel how something so delicate and “weak” is so important in nature.
What’s your favorite flower?
There are so many reminders to life’s truths disguised as beautiful flowers; if people would only look.
This includes the fact that flowers are fleeting and if you don’t “stop and smell the roses” you might miss your chance to.
Take a quick break from your busy day and enjoy these flower quotes about beauty, life lessons, joy, and even a little humor!
Also, check out these cute pineapple quotes celebrating the queen of tropical fruits.
Beautiful flower quotes
1. “The Japanese say, if the flower is to be beautiful, it must be cultivated.” — Lester Cole
2. “Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden.” — Steve Maraboli
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of garden quotes about the power of nature.
3. “Spring: A lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be.” — Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sunflower quotes celebrating the power and beauty of this special plant.
4. “Flowers are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities in the world.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Flowers whisper ‘Beauty!’ to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall.” — Dr. SunWolf
6. “A flower’s appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect.” — Terri Guillemets
7. “A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too.” — Miranda Kerr
You might also like these rose quotes honoring our life, beauty and thorns.
Blooming flower quotes
8. “Every flower blooms in its own time.” — Ken Petti
9. “A flower blooming in the desert proves to the world that adversity, no matter how great, can be overcome.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
10. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” — Zen Shin
11. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” — Jim Carrey
12. “A flower does not use words to announce its arrival to the world; it justs blooms.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
13. “Open the bloom of your heart and become a gift of beauty to the world.” — Bryant McGill
14. “If you tend to a flower, it will bloom, no matter how many weeds surround it.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
Don’t forget to also check out these purple quotes from inspiration to fashion.
Flowers quotes on life lessons
15. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” — Audrey Hepburn
16. “Every flower must grow through dirt.” — Laurie Jean Sennott
17. “The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days.” — Robert Leighton
18. “Like wildflowers; You must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” — E.V.
19. “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.” — Luther Burbank
20. “Even the tiniest of flowers can have the toughest roots.” – Shannon Mullen
21. “Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on. So will I.” — Unknown
22. “All the flowers of the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.” — Indian Proverb
23. “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” — Frances Hodgson Burnett
You might also like these color red quotes that express passion.
Flowers quotes to inspire you
24. “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” — Henri Matisse
25. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change.” — Buddha
26. “Take time to smell the roses.” —Proverb
27. “What a lonely place it would be to have a world without a wildflower!” —Roland R. Kemler
28. “If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.” —Therese of Lisieux
29. “The smallest flower is a thought, a life answering to some feature of the Great Whole, of whom they have a persistent intuition.” — Honore de Balzac
30. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen
31. “Just as a flower which seems beautiful and has color but no perfume, so are the fruitless words of the man who speaks them but does them not.” —John Dewey
32. “A weed is no more than a flower in disguise, Which is seen through at once if love gives a man eyes.” —James Russell Lowell
33. “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” — A.A. Milne
Happy and joyful flower quotes
34. “Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.” — John Harrigan
35. “Gardens and flowers have a way of bringing people together, drawing them from their homes.” —Clare Ansberry
36. “In joy and in sadness, flowers are our constant friends.” — Unknown
37. “Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the soul.” —Luther Burbank
38. “The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.” —Leo Buscaglia
39. “Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow.” —John Lennon
40. “For happiness one needs security, but joy can spring like a flower even from the cliffs of despair”. —Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Funny flower quotes
41. “If you want to say it with flowers, remember that a single rose screams in your face: ‘I’m cheap!”’ — Delta Burke
42. “At my age flowers scare me.” —George Burns
43. “If you think squash is a competitive activity, try flower arranging.” —Alan Bennett
44. “A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.” —Ruth Brown
45. “Don’t send me flowers when I’m dead. If you like me, send them while I’m alive.” —Brian Clough
46. “Earth laughs in flowers.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have something to do with a shortage of flowers.” —Doug Larson
48. “I hate flowers – I paint them because they’re cheaper than models and they don’t move.” —Georgia O’Keeffe
49. “I named all my children after flowers. There’s Lillie and Rose and my son, Artificial.”— Bert Williams
50. “Reading music is like listening to flowers. I don’t understand the concept.” —Paul Westerberg
More flower quotes for people who love flowers
51. “Count the roses, not the thorns.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
52. “No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.” – Sheryl Crow
53. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller
54. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
55. “Where flowers bloom so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
56. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. “Flowers don’t tell, they show.” – Stephan Skeem
58. “Love is like a beautiful flower that I may not touch but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” – Helen Keller
59. “If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.” – Therese of Lisieux
60. “Don’t you think daisies are the friendliest flower?” – Unknown
Flower quotes about their gentle beauty
61. “Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.” -Walt Whitman
62. “Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.” -Sigmund Freud
63. “For myself I hold no preferences among flowers, so long as they are wild, free, spontaneous.” -Edward Abbey
64. “Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet.” -Jeremy Bentham
65. “People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.” -Iris Murdoch
66. “Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into.” -Henry Ward Beecher
67. “In a meadow full of flowers, you cannot walk through and breathe those smells and see all those colors and remain angry. “ -Jonas Mekas
68. “Flowers grow out of dark moments.” -Corita Kent
69. “Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.” -Theodore Roethke
70. “After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.” -Christian Dior
Flower Quotes about the Beauty of Flowers
71. “We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” – Dale Carnegie
72. “Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
73. “I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.” – Letitia Baldrige
74. “Wildflowers are the stuff of my heart!” – Lady Bird Johnson
75. “The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm.” – Therese of Lisieux
76. “Daisies are like sunshine to the ground.” – Drew Barrymore
77. “But I have always thought that these tulips must have had names. They were red, and orange and red, and red and orange and yellow, like the ember in a nursery fire of a winter’s evening. I remember them.” – Neil Gaiman, Coraline
78. “An orchid in a deep forest sends out its fragrance even if no one is around to appreciate it.” – Confucius
79. “A sunflower field is like a sky with a thousand suns.” – Corina Abdulahm-Negura
80. “Flowers are the music of the ground. From earth’s lips spoken without sound.” – Edwin Curran
Did you enjoy these flower quotes?
In case you are still wondering what makes flowers so beautiful, the scientific answer has to do with pollination. You see, nature has no regard for the fact that the human eye finds flowers pretty.
According to evolutionary biologist, Claude DePamphilis, “The beauty of the flower is a byproduct of what it takes for the plant to attract pollinators.”
This means that dandelions are less pretty since they spread their seeds, mostly, with the help of the wind. And the occasional dreamer of a human being, who might stop to make a wish.
The prettier flowers need the help of flying insects to reproduce, so nature lures them to the flower with color and scent.
Maybe nature should get just a little more credit since humans also use the prettiest flowers to ensure they have a chance at reproduction…
Did you enjoy these flower quotes? What’s your favorite flower? Mine is the Gardenia, share yours in the comment section below!
May 6, 2022 7:20 AM EST