Learn why so many people are flocking to this new religion with our Bahá’í quotes.
The Baháʼí faith continues to grow and increase its numbers; what draws people to this inclusive faith?
Find out more with our Baháʼí quotes below.
What is the Baháʼí faith?
The Baháʼí faith is centered on the foundational teachings of the Baháʼu’lláh.
The foundational ideas concern messages of unity and the oneness of humanity.
Below are some basic ideas of the Baháʼí faith:
- All humans have value and are destined to live in peace and harmony.
- Baháʼís believe humankind must find a unifying vision for all of society.
- Baháʼu’lláh taught that there is one God and that all religion represents one changeless and eternal faith.
What do Baháʼís believe?
The Baháʼí faith is based on the teachings of Baháʼu’lláh.
Today, there are over eight million members of the Baháʼí faith globally.
Of the world’s “new” religions, the Baháʼí faith continues to gain interest and increase its congregation.
The Baháʼí faith is inclusive and teaches that all humans have value and deserve dignity.
They believe we are one race, and despite our national ethnic or economic backgrounds, we share DNA that is 99.999 the same and, therefore, share a destiny.
The Baháʼí faith teaches that humanity is destined to reach a level of enlightenment where we actively unify our similarities and let them outweigh our differences.
Who was Baháʼu’lláh?
Baháʼu’lláh is a central figure in the Baháʼí faith.
He was born in Persia in 1817, and his teachings grew to influence people from around the globe.
He lacked formal education but remained well-read and deeply spiritual.
Baháʼu’lláh came from an influential family and used his platform to create charities and help his community.
Over time, he developed a reputation for his spiritual teachings and earned many followers.
His influence was considerable, and governments banished or imprisoned him.
Some people believe during his banishment, he received Divine messages from God.
His writings consist of over 1,500 letters and have been published in collections.
Translators have rendered these letters into over 802 languages, addressing matters of science, faith, the human soul, and our relationship to the cosmos.
Today, his followers believe he continued the tradition of Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad as a messenger of God.
To learn more, check out our Baháʼí quotes below.
The top Bahá’í quotes from their official website
We start our Bahá’í quotes journey with some quotes from their homepage.
1. “The Bahá’í Writings are also replete with references to universal peace.” — www.Bahai.org
2. “The conviction that we belong to one human family is at the heart of the Bahá’í Faith.” — www.Bahai.org
3. “The activities that have a bearing on the Bahá’í Administrative Order are many and varied.” — www.Bahai.org
4. “The development of the Bahá’í Faith worldwide is today guided by the Universal House of Justice.” — www.Bahai.org
5. “A Bahá’í accepts the divine authority of the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh and of these appointed successors.” — www.Bahai.org
6. “The Bahá’í Faith began with the mission entrusted by God to two Divine Messengers: the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh.” — www.Bahai.org
7. “The affairs of the Bahá’í community are administered through a system of institutions, each with its defined sphere of action.” — www.Bahai.org
8. “The Báb is the Herald of the Bahá’í Faith.” — www.Bahai.org
9. “Bahá’ís believe the crucial need facing humanity is to find a unifying vision of the future of society and of the nature and purpose of life.” — www.Bahai.org
10. “The Promise of World Peace, divided into a number of sections, also includes a selection of relevant quotations from the Bahá’í writings.” — www.Bahai.org
The best Bahá’í quotes for understanding this inclusive faith
As the teachings of Bahá’í spread, more people are opening up to the message.
11. “To every discerning and illumined heart, it is evident that God, the unknowable Essence, the divine Being, is immensely exalted beyond every human attribute.” — www.Bahai.org
12. “The Bahá’í Reference Library is the authoritative online source of Bahá’í writings.” — www.Bahai.org
13. “[Shoghi Effendi] spent 36 years systematically nurturing the development, deepening the understanding, and strengthening the unity of the Bahá’í community.” — www.Bahai.org
14. “The Bahá’í Writings explain that the reality of God is beyond the understanding of any mortal mind, though we may find expressions of His attributes in every created thing.” — www.Bahai.org
15. “His eldest grandson, Shoghi Effendi, was appointed Guardian of the Bahá’í Faith by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá.” — www.Bahai.org
16. “Bahá’ís do not view these principles as mere statements of vague aspiration; they are understood as matters of immediate and practical concern for individuals, communities, and institutions alike.” — www.Bahai.org
17. “The gradual development of the Bahá’í community’s administrative structures and the refinement of its associated processes are areas that have received significant attention since the inception of the Bahá’í Faith.” — www.Bahai.org
18. “The energy that Bahá’ís devote to the enhancement of institutional capacity is not motivated simply by a wish to increase the efficiency.” — www.Bahai.org
19. “The Bahá’í community’s own affairs are to be managed.” — www.Bahai.org
20. “Among these principles are the independent search after truth; the oneness of the entire human race, which is the pivotal principle of the Bahá’í Faith.” — www.Bahai.org
The top Bahá’í quotes by Bahá’u’lláh from The Kitáb-i-Íqán
This selection includes Bahá’í quotes from Bahá’u’lláh’s spiritual writings.
21. “In the noble form of the human temple, and be made manifest unto all men, that they may impart unto the world the mysteries of the unchangeable Being.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
22. “These sanctified Mirrors are, one and all, the Exponents on earth of Him.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
23. “Who is the central Orb of the universe, its Essence, and ultimate Purpose?” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
24. “Only when the lamp of search, of earnest striving, of longing desire, of passionate devotion, of fervid love, of rapture, and ecstasy, is kindled within the seeker’s heart, and the breeze of His loving-kindness is wafted upon his soul, will the darkness of error be dispelled.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
25. “The door of the knowledge of the Ancient of Days being thus closed in the face of all beings.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
26. “The Source of infinite grace hath caused those luminous Gems of Holiness to appear out of the realm of the spirit.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
27. “From Him is derived their sovereignty.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
28. “From Him proceed their knowledge and power.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
29. “Tell of the subtleties of His imperishable Essence.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
30. “Far be it from His glory that human tongue should adequately recount His praise, or that human heart comprehend His fathomless mystery.” — Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Íqán
Bahá’í quotes showcasing the wisdom of Bahá’u’lláh
This selection of quotes comes from Bahá’u’lláh’s Epistle to the Son of the Wolf.
These wise words explain the Bahá’í faith.
31. “Be an ornament to the countenance of truth.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
32. “Be a treasure to the poor, an admonisher to the rich, an answerer to the cry of the needy, a preserver of the sanctity of thy pledge.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
33. “Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
34. “Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
35. “Be unjust to no man, and show all meekness to all men.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
36. “Let integrity and uprightness distinguish all thine acts.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
37. “Be eyes to the blind and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
38. “Be a home for the stranger, a balm to the suffering, a tower of strength for the fugitive.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
39. “Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
40. “Be as a lamp unto them that walk in darkness, a joy to the sorrowful, a sea for the thirsty, a haven for the distressed, an upholder and defender of the victim of oppression.” — Bahá’u’lláh, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
Baháʼí quotes and sayings to live by
We close our list with these Baháʼí quotes from Baháʼí practitioners.
41. “It is truly sad because the education is so important in the Baha’i Faith.” — Ruhi Jahanpour
42. “I’m so inspired and strengthened by what I’ve already heard today and what I’ve heard in the past about what you stand for as members of the Baha’i Faith.” — U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky
43. “Schakowsky cosponsored House Resolution 744 condemning the ongoing persecution of the Baha’is of Iran.” — www.Bahai.us
44. “It was all to terrorize the community so that none of the Baha’is would feel safe and secure in their homes.” — Ruhi Jahanpour
45. “Two hundred people gathered at the Baha’i House of Worship in Wilmette, Illinois on Friday evening, June 9.” — www.Bahai.us
46. “June 18, 2023 marks the 40th anniversary of the hanging execution of 10 Iranian Baha’i women in Shiraz.” — www.Bahai.us
47. “In the Baha’i writings, we know that it says that if you have two children, one boy, and one girl, and you could educate only one of them, educate the girls because they are going to be the mothers of society.” — Ruhi Jahanpour
48. “Jahanpour, now in her mid-60s, said their executions were only part of a greater persecution of the Baha’i community.” — www.Bahai.us
49. “Those in attendance came to honor the memories of the martyred women and to thank U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Illinois for her present-day efforts on behalf of the Baha’is still undergoing persecution in Iran.” — www.Bahai.us
50. “Their only crime was a refusal to renounce their Baha’i Faith.” — Ruhi Jahanpour
What is next for the Baháʼí Faith?
The Baháʼí Faith aims to unify humanity as you’ve seen in these Bahá’í Quotes.
Bahaullah once said, “This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future.”
Perhaps one day, everyone will identify with Baháʼí principles.
Do you have a favorite Baháʼí quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Feeling confused when it comes to accomplishing your goals? Here are 7 life changing lessons you’ll learn on your self improvement journey.
‘Aha moments’ offer us guidance and freedom when we need it most. Read these aha moments to help you live a happy life with minimal stress!
In this article, you’ll discover the importance of recognizing and correcting when you’re on the wrong life path, along with insights and guidance for personal growth and fulfillment.
Here’s how you can actively engage in the social issues you care about. You can make things better for people in situations where they are powerless.
Check out these related quote articles:
Unlock the power of diversity and freedom with these inspiring Freedom of Religion quotes, celebrating the beauty of religious tolerance and expression.
These powerful quotes about Christianity and God will uplift your spirits.
Align your chakras and tap into your spiritual side with our Hindu quotes.
These Atheist quotes will open your mind to possibilities you may not have considered before.