Wake up and check out these nostalgic bedroom quotes.
The bedroom is one of the unique rooms in our homes, and our quotes celebrate this idea.
What is in a bedroom?
The bedroom is where most of us spend most of our time.
Check out these cool bedroom facts below:
- We spend about seven years trying to get to sleep.
- Throughout our lives, we spend about 26 years sleeping!
- Thirty-three years of our lives are devoted to sleep.
Since home construction, people have designed unique bedrooms to fit their living conditions.
From lavish palace bedrooms to humble one-room sleeping quarters, where we rest says a lot about us.
In some cultures, families and clans slept together in large communal spaces.
In other cultures, bedrooms are individualized.
We have come up with some pretty clever ways to fortify our bedrooms.
As early as the 1500s, people packed bedroom mattresses with feathers, hair, pea pods, hay, or any other soft dry material they could find, but these materials attract bugs.
The bedroom is essential to getting good rest
During the 18th century, mattress fillings improved with cotton, coconut fiber and wool.
Bedrooms have come a very long way since then.
Get cozy and comfy while you peruse through these wonderful bedroom quotes.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of sleep quotes honoring powerful rest and relaxation.
Funny bedroom quotes
Here are some comical bedroom quotes.
1. “Be generous in the bedroom. Share your sandwich.” — Homer Simpson
2. “If you’re gonna fall apart, do it in your own bedroom.” — Margot Kidder
3. “It’s okay to laugh in the bedroom so long as you don’t point.” — Will Durst
4. “The spirit of the marriage left the bedroom and took to living in the parlor.” — Zora Neale Hurston
5. “A husband and wife who have separate bedrooms have either drifted apart or found happiness.” — Honoré de Balzac
6. “The only interesting thing that can happen in a Swiss bedroom is suffocation by feather mattress.” — Dalton Trumbo
7. “When things don’t work well in the bedroom, they don’t work well in the living room either.” — William Masters
8. “My dog learned how to beg by watching me through the bedroom door.” — Rodney Dangerfield
9. “There are bedrooms you like to remember and others you would like to forget.” — Carl Sandburg
10. “My bedroom is my sanctuary. It’s like a refuge, and it’s where I do a fair amount of designing — at least conceptually, if not literally.” — Vera Wang
You will also enjoy our article on quilt quotes.
Bedroom quotes for her
This is a collection of bedroom quotes from women of significance.
11. “Of all the rooms in the house, your bedroom is yours.” — Dorothy Draper
12. “But even the law cannot be in your bedroom at night.” — Louis L’Amour
13. “Where the bedroom is wrong, the whole house is wrong.” — Margaret Kennedy
14. “A bedroom is just as nice as whoever sleeps in it with you.” — Tennessee Williams
15. “Just following orders is no excuse unless you’re in the bedroom.” — Donna Lynn Hope
16. “Real intimacy depends on truth — lovingly told — especially in the bedroom.” — Joyce Brothers
17. “More divorces start in the bedroom than in any other room in the house.” — Ann Landers
18. “I’ll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I’m not there.” — J. K. Rowling
19. “I spent most of my life locked in my bedroom, miserable about my raging acne.” — Moon Unit Zappa
20. “I went to the bedroom and lay on the floor so as not to mess up the covers.” — Miranda July
Bedroom quotes for him
These quotes give us some perspective about how men view the bedroom.
21. “Ultimately, who you choose to be in a relationship with and what you do in your bedroom is your business.” — Eminem
22. “It feels really sad, to me, to go to a dark bedroom. It’s like surrendering to the night or something.” — James Franco
23. “You remember some bedrooms you have slept in.” — Carl Sandburg
24. “The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.” — Pierre Trudeau
25. “Under most conditions, the best roof for your bedroom is the sky. This commonsense arrangement saves weight, time, energy, and money.” — Colin Fletcher
26. “I seriously object to seeing on the screen what belongs in the bedroom.” — Samuel Goldwyn
27. “I’m the type who’d like to sit home and watch every party that I’m invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.” — Andy Warhol
28. “My dog learned how to beg by watching me through the bedroom door.” — Rodney Dangerfield
29. “You don’t need a Harvard MBA to know that the bedroom and the boardroom are just two sides of the same ballgame.” — Stephen Fry
30. “Anybody out there who is a parent, if your kids want to paint their bedrooms, as a favor to me, let them do it. It’ll be OK.” — Randy Pausch
Bedroom quotes for couples
These quotes shine a light on how couples see the bedroom.
31. “Bosoms are for bedrooms and breastfeeding.” — Kathryn Stockett
32. “My bedroom is my sanctuary. It’s the only place in the house that has a beautiful lush shag rug, which is my favorite.” — Evangeline Lilly
33. “Married people don’t look like they have bedrooms on their minds when they look at each other. In this world, either you’re virtuous, or you enjoy yourself. Not both…Not both.” — Ayn Rand
34. “Move it along, teenagers. The only person who gets to canoodle in my bedroom is my magnificent self.” — Magnus
35. “A lot of gay men have a lot of sex. That’s what we do. But I’ve stopped all that—the revolving door into my bedroom. Promiscuity. That was of its day, really.” — Julian Clary
36. “Statistics show that many people watch our show from the bedroom. and people you ask into your bedroom have to be more interesting than those you ask into your living room. I kid you not!” — Jack Paar
37. “This place is big, and I’m kinda nervous, so we’re going to make it feel small by pretending we’re in a… bedroom. We’ll hang off the edge of the bed, take off our shoes and get naked!” — Dave Matthews
38. “Why do they put the Gideon Bibles only in the bedrooms, where it’s usually too late?” — Christopher Morley
39. “It is not I who have been consigned to the bedroom of history.” — Corazon Aquino
40. “I’m recording our history now on the bedroom wall, and when we leave, the landlord will come and paint over it all.” — Ani DiFranco
Insightful Bedroom quotes
These bedroom quotes come from a diverse selection of people.
41. “Radical conservatives want to police bedrooms.” — Robert Reich
42. “It’s one of the craziest feelings to be on stage and know that you were sitting on your bedroom floor when that song came to be, and now there’s an arena full of people singing it.” — Taylor Swift
43. “Bedtime stories from when I was about two/three to when I was about 15. In fact, they didn’t stop until I eventually kind of kicked them out of my bedroom.” — Samuel West
44. “Take off your bedroom slippers, put on your marching shoes. Shake it off. Stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying. We are going to press on. We’ve got work to do.” — Barack Obama
45. “Woe to us if we get our satisfaction from the food in the kitchen and the TV in the den and the sex in the bedroom with an occasional tribute to the cement blocks in the basement!” — John Piper
46. “At least 50 times. I’ve jumped off a building, jumped off a cliff in a car. I’ve been in bedrooms when women came in with knives and guns.” — Dennis Rodman
47. “It’s not government’s business what people do in their private bedrooms.” — Robert Reich
48. “In the bedroom time, I have generated thoughts, and then in the studio, I take those thoughts and try to shape them into something.” — Lynne Rae Perkins
49. “Never can a room look comfortable without books. Books ought to be scattered all over the house, even in the passages, in the bedroom.” — Elisabeth of Wied
50. “I lived with my mom in a really small apartment. My bedroom was like in the living room. That’s why I still love to sleep on couches now.” — Alicia Keys
Bedrooms make our homes whole
What kind of bed do you have in your bedroom?
In the past, bedrooms were much smaller, so people made futons to save space.
Waterbeds are a type of bed that gained popularity in the 1960s but perhaps has gone out of fashion today.
Middle Eastern carpenters created waterbeds over 3000 years ago.
That is right, furniture makers in ancient Persia sewed goat skins together and stuffed them with water.
When television became popular in the US, producers hesitated to shoot scenes in bedrooms.
They were considered too provocative.
You might think Bewitched, The Munsters, or I Love Lucy was the first show to have the couple in the same bed, but you would be wrong.
In 1947 the show Mary Kay and Johnny was the first program to include a scene where a couple was conversing in the same bed.
Which of these bedroom quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.