If you have ever thought it’s too late to show up, try something, or get started, check out these better late than never quotes!
You might also like these related articles:
You should never give up on something in life because you think it is too late to try:
- We all mature at different rates. You might not have been ready earlier in your life, but that shouldn’t stop you now.
- It is not only the destination but the journey. Even if you cannot finish, don’t hesitate to start, no matter your age or stage of life.
- It takes courage to show up. People might count you out at a certain point, but don’t let that stop you from showing up anyway.
- Set an example for others to see that you are willing to chase your dreams regardless of age.
Take a few moments to enjoy these better late than never quotes.
Short and Quick Better Late Than Never Quotes
Here are some of the top, short, and easy-to-remember quotes reminding you that it’s better late than never.
1. “It’s never too late to be great.” — Jordan Burroughs
2. “You may delay, but time will not.” — Benjamin Franklin
3. “It is better to learn late than never.” — Publilius Syrus
4. “With me, it is ‘better never than late.’” — Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
5. “Better once than never, for never too late.” — William Shakespeare
6. “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.” — Berkeley Breathed
7. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
8. “There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” — Og Mandino
9. “It’s never too late—in fiction or in life—to revise.” — Nancy Thayer
10. “It’s never too late in life to have a genuine adventure.” — Robert Kurson
Better Late Than Never Quotes to Encourage You
Be inspired to take action with these quotes.
11. “If it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would be done.” — Rita Mae Brown
12. “Some things came to you late, but late was better than never.” — Jeff VanderMeer
13. “Between too early and too late, there is never more than a moment.” — Franz Werfel
14. “Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” — Plato
15. “It is better to learn wisdom late than never to learn it at all.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
16. “There is nothing that you can’t overcome. So it’s never too late for happiness.” — Pepa
17. “It’s never too late—never too late to start over, never too late to be happy.” — Jane Fonda
18. “Never… never… whether you are five or 100, never give up. It’s never too late.” — Bill Duke
19. “The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
20. “There is no greater thing than to be oneself, and it is never too late to do so.” — James Rozoff
The Opposite of Better Late Than Never Quotes
These quotes show a different perspective on the idea that it’s better late than never.
21. “A year from now, you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
22. “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” — William Shakespeare
23. “Beware of missing chances; otherwise, it may be altogether too late someday.” — Franz Liszt
24. “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.” — Mark Twain
25. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” — Abraham Lincoln
26. “A day can really slip by when you’re deliberately avoiding what you’re supposed to do.” — Bill Watterson
27. “Which form of the proverb do you prefer: better late than never, or better never than late?” — Lewis Carroll
28. “Better late than never, but never late is better. They tell me time is money; well, we’ll spend it together.” — Drake
29. “But I’d rather look back and regret something I did when I was young and crazy than look back and regret something I never had the courage to do and realize it’s too late.” — Cherrie Lynn
30. “Sometimes we stare so long at a door that is closing that we see too late the one that is open.” — Alexander Graham Bell
Better Late Than Never Quotes About Finances & Taking Action Now
When it comes to finances, it’s better to act now, as shown in these quotes. But if you feel behind, it’s always better to start budgeting and saving than to keep pushing it off.
31. “It is thrifty to prepare today for the wants of tomorrow.” — Aesop
32. “By sowing frugality, we reap liberty, a golden harvest.” — Agesilaus
33. “Saving money today secures, eases, and beautifies tomorrow.” — Ehsan Sehgal
34. “Small amounts saved daily add up to huge investments in the end.” — Margo Vader
35. “Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both.” — Benjamin Franklin
36. “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.” — Warren Buffet
37. “Keep your eyes on the price when spending; don’t regret later to find that you have nothing for tomorrow.” — Auliq Ice
38. “Deprive yourself on nothing necessary for your comfort, but live in an honorable simplicity and frugality.” — John McDonough
39. “Literally, time is money. Starting to save now instead of later lessens the amount you will need to contribute.” — Coreen T. Sol, CFA
40. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” — Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
More Better Late Than Never Quotes
Here are a few more reminders about why it’s better to take action and that it’s never too late.
41. “It’s never too late to reclaim your inner diva and reclaim your inner strength.” — Michelle Visage
42. “It’s never too late to become what you always wanted to be in the first place.” — J. Michael Straczynski
43. “Wisdom too often never comes, and so one ought not to reject it merely because it comes late.” — Felix Frankfurter
44. “Or is there no such thing as ‘too late’? Is there only ‘late’, and is ‘late’ always better than ‘never’? I don’t know.” — Bernhard Schlink
45. “It’s never too late. Don’t focus on what was taken away. Find something to replace it, and acknowledge the blessing you have.” — Drew Barrymore
46. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
47. “Scripture is filled with examples of men and women whom God used late in life, often with great impact—men and women who refused to use old age as an excuse to ignore what God wanted them to do.” — Billy Graham
48. “It’s never too late, for with a purpose, a worthy goal, and a motivation to reach those upper layers on the pyramid, a person can travel further in a few years than he might otherwise travel in a lifetime.” — Earl Nightingale
49. “Build high-speed, electrified trains over the most-traveled corridors. It’s really hard to power carbon-free airplanes, but electrified trains are much easier. We’ll be a half-century behind the Japanese, but better late than never.” — Denis Hayes
50. “You smile upon your friend today, Today his ills are over; You hearken to the lover’s say, And happy is the lover. ’Tis late to hearken, late to smile, But better late than never: I shall have lived a little while Before I die forever.” — A.E.Housman
What Can You Try Even if You Think You Are Too Late?
We have all read inspirational stories about people who accomplished things after many others would have thought it was possible, and it all started with a decision to go for it.
Whether getting healthy, running a marathon, starting a business, going on an adventure, or making new friends, commit to doing something you always wanted.
Share these better late than never quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about better late than never in the comment section below.