Check out these Black Queen quotes to be inspired by strong black women.
According to urbandictionary.com, Black Queen refers to a “respected and resilient woman of African descent.”
You might also like these related articles:
Black Queens are black women that are a rock for their friends and family.
They accomplish tasks and know what is going on in their homes as they are the queen of the house.
Check out some characteristics of Black Queens:
- Stable – They are The Rock of the family. When things are hard or easy, they are consistent and steady.
- Strong – They will protect their loved ones at all costs.
- Powerful – They have powerful willpower and stamina. When a Black Queen wants something, they will not stop until it’s done.
Check out these Black Queen Quotes to learn more about what it means to be a Black queen.
And you might also enjoy our article on AKA quotes!
Best Black Queen Quotes
Enjoy these popular quotes for strong Black women.
1. “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “Black girls rock because they can’t help themselves.” — Iyanla Vanzant
3. “The voice of a Black woman should always be herself.” — Malebo Sephodi
4. “Black women are the strongest, most hardworking people on Earth.” — Dr. Dre
5. “I am dripping melanin and honey. I am black without apology.” — Upile Chisala
6. “Black Girl Magic means that I have the power to overcome anything.” — Michelle Carter
7. “Beauty is not just a white girl. It’s so many different flavors and shades.” — Queen Latifah
8. “I think any black woman is a queen. It’s just, do you know it? Do you see it in yourself?” — Ava DuVernay
9. “I wouldn’t be here without all of the black women around me. Put us together, and we can do anything.” — Misty Copeland
10. “I can’t believe my good fortune. I’m so grateful to be a black woman. I would be so jealous if I were anything else.” — Maya Angelou
Empowering Black Queen Quotes
The following quotes will empower you to go after what you want for your life.
11. “You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.” — Oprah Winfrey
12. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” — Maya Angelou
13. “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.” — Angela Davis
14. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey
15. “I promise you won’t need anyone too long. One day, you will love yourself on your own, without the validation of sisters.” — Raych Jackson
16. “As a black woman, the decision to love yourself just as you are is a radical act. And I’m as radical as they come.” — Bethanee Epifani J. Bryant
17. “Dipped in chocolate, bronzed in elegance, enameled with grace, toasted with beauty. My Lord, she’s a black woman.” — Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan
18. “There’s always something to suggest that you’ll never be who you wanted to be. Your choice is to take it or keep on moving.” — Phylicia Rashad
19. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
20. “It was when I realized I needed to stop trying to be somebody else and be myself, I actually started to own, accept, and love what I had.” — Tracee Ellis Ross
Black Queen Quotes for Strong Women
Learn from and be inspired by these quotes from strong Black women.
21. “It’s time for you to move, realizing that the thing you are seeking is also seeking you.” — Iyanla Vanzant
22. “As a black woman, I have no particular interest in maintaining the status quo. Why would I?” — N.K. Jemisin
23. “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get, you’ve got to make yourself.” — Alice Walker
24. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
25. “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” — Michelle Obama
26. “Dear Beautiful Black Queens… Never underestimate the beauty of just being YOU. Being your authentic self is powerful, sexy, and courageous!” — Stephanie Lahart
27. “My blackness does not inhibit me from being beautiful and intelligent. In fact, it is the reason I am beautiful and intelligent. And you cannot stop me.” — Amandla Stenberg
28. “I am a product of every other black woman before me who has done or said anything worthwhile. Recognizing that I am part of history is what allows me to soar.” — Oprah Winfrey
29. “A Black Queen knows that her beauty is just a bonus. She is far more beautiful than the eyes can see. She’s a quality woman… A phenomenal Black Queen… Beautiful inside and out!” — Stephanie Lahart
30. “Black girl magic is a rallying call of recognition. Embedded in the every day is a magnificence that is so easy to miss because we’re so mired in the struggle and what society says we are.” — Ava Duvernay
Black Queen Quotes from Celebrities
Hear what celebrities have to say about Black queens.
31. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” — Beyoncé
32. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.” — Serena Williams
33. “Few men of any color and even fewer white women can deal with how fabulous we are.” — Maya Angelou
34. “We are the women who marched from cotton fields into fields of medicine, entertainment, and the white house.” — Jada Pinkett Smith
35. “I consider myself a crayon. I might not be your favorite color, but one day, you’re going to need me to complete your picture.” — Lauryn Hill
36. “The black woman is the most unprotected, unloved woman on earth…she is the only flower on earth that grows unwatered.” — Malcolm X
37. “You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.” — Diana Ross
38. “I think I can inspire a lot of young women to be themselves, and that is half the battle. Just be yourself; it’s the easiest thing to be. Black girls, we just on another level.” — Rihanna
39. “I’m convinced that we black women possess a special indestructible strength that allows us to not only get down, but to get up, to get through, and to get over.” — Janet Jackson
More Black Queen Quotes
Here are several more quotes to inspire and empower you.
40. “I was built this way for a reason, so I’m going to use it.” — Simone Biles
41. “Why any woman give a shit what people think is a mystery to me.”― Alice Walker
42. “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.” — Shirley Chisolm
43. “Don’t try to lessen yourself for the world; let the world catch up to you.” — Beyoncé
44. “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it!” — Madam CJ Walker
45. “A true diva is graceful and talented and strong and fearless and brave and someone with humility.” — Beyoncé
46. “And anything I have accomplished, I did so not in spite of being a black woman, but because I am a black woman.” — Gabrielle Union
47. “You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.” ― Shirley Chisolm
48. “I am the essence of magic, its mysteriousness, its beauty, and its ability to make things happen when people couldn’t see how!” — Jenaitre Farquharson
49. “Black women were created of brown sugar and warm honey. The sweetest thing to bless the earth. Be wary of anyone who tells you otherwise.” — Alexandra Elle
50. “I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair and that the shape of my curves, the size of my lips, the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are all worthy and okay.” — Tracee Ellis Ross
Who Are Some Examples of Black Queens?
Many inspirational black women have accomplished amazing things and make great examples of black queens, but to name a few:
- Rosa Parks – Known as the “Mother of Freedom” due to her courageous Civil Rights acts
- Oprah Winfrey – Powerful leader in television media
- Harriet Tubman – “Conductor” of the Underground Railroad
- Maya Angelou – Famous memoirist and civil rights activist
- Vernice Armour – First black female fighter pilot
If you want more quotes from another black queen, check out these Marian Anderson quotes.
Please share these Black Queen Quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about black queens in the comment section below.