You are barking up the right tree with our bulldog quotes.
We have some of the best bulldog quotes to remind you why bulldogs are such a beloved breed of canines.
Check out our bulldog quotes below to find out more.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
What are bulldogs?
Bulldogs are a British breed of mastiffs.
They are medium-sized and weigh up to fifty-five pounds.
Bulldogs are known for their large heads, muscular bodies, thick folded jowls, flat faces, and kind natures.
Check out these bulldog facts below:
- The bulldog is the most popular school mascot.
- Bulldogs got their names from the sport of bullbaiting.
- Bulldogs are poor swimmers, so be careful with your pooch at the pool party.
Where are bulldogs from?
Bulldogs are from Britain.
You have heard them referred to as British Bulldogs or English Bulldogs.
Some earlier documented references to the lovable canine come from the 1630s.
A letter from an English ship sent by a man named Preswick Eaton requests “two good Bulldogs” to be sent.
The modern bulldog breed gets its genetic stock from the extinct Old English Bulldog.
How did bulldogs get their name?
Depending on how you see it, the history of the bulldog is both tragic and impressive.
The English had a sport called bull-baiting.
A bull was tied to a post, and dogs would be set on the bull.
The first dog to grab the bull by the nose and pin it won.
During the match, several of the dogs would be maimed, gored, or trampled.
Gamblers would place bets on which dog would win the match.
Over centuries, the dogs developed the stocky bodies, large heads, low frames, and powerful jaws needed to compete with the bull.
The sport was banned and criminalized under England’s Cruelty to Animals Act in 1835.
Today these characteristics typify the breed.
However, unlike its ancestors, the modern bulldog has a calm temperament.
Bulldogs have come a long way
Today, bulldogs are lovable, curious, and often hilarious pets.
People enjoy the affectionate nature of the bulldog.
They can grow to weigh up to fifty-five pounds and still want to curl up in your lap.
To learn more, check out our bulldog quotes below.
Short bulldog quotes about determination and grit
These quotes remind us why bulldogs are an international symbol of determination.
1. “Go Bulldogs!” — Josh Holloway
2. “There is nothing greater than being a part of the Bulldog family.” — Terry Bradshaw
3. “We had an old Victrola with the old bulldog they used to have there.” — Jay McShann
4. “I have both English bulldog determination and Bengal tiger strength.” — Bikram Choudhury
5. “Hold on with a bulldog grip, and chew and choke as much as possible.” — Abraham Lincoln
6. “In a contest between me and a bulldog, you would say the bulldog is cuter.” — Sylvester Stallone
7. “I’m fascinated by animals and couldn’t live without Dewy, my Boston bulldog.” — Jillian Hervey
8. “I’ve taken a tenacious bulldog approach to learning new skills throughout my life.” — Apollo Robbins
9. “I’ve dreamed of having my French bulldog become a bestselling children’s heroine.” — Andrea Seigel
10. “It’s like I’m held up as some kind of beacon of England or some bloody British bulldog.” — Helen Baxendale
You will also enjoy our article on Golden Retriever quotes.
The top British Bulldog and bulldog quotes from wrestling
The British Bulldog is a Hall of Fame wrestler who captured the hearts of millions.
11. “I’m Bizarre.” — The British Bulldog
12. “I’m gonna win this time the Royal Rumble, tonight!” — The British Bulldog
13. “The British Bulldog’s gonna win, whether he wants to or not!” — Aimee
14. “Two friends and I decided to get tattoos of different animals. My one friend got a bulldog.” — Edge
15. “I first met British Bulldog in Canada while I was in Stampede, and he was the world’s greatest practical joker.” — Konnan
16. “Big love to one of the GOATS, British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith, for wanting to light it up with my People’s Elbow.” — Dwayne The Rock Johnson
17. “Everybody was on pills back then. Everybody was f****d up, especially from their generation. But Bulldog was always great.” — Konnan
18. “I loved the Rumble that Shawn Michaels won. Bulldog threw him over, and he hung on by the skin of the teeth and dumped Bulldog; that was one of my favorite ones.” — Seth Rollins
19. “On a Saturday night, I could catch All-Star Wrestling out of Kansas City, which was run by Bob Geigel, and some of the stars there were Bulldog Bob Brower and Ray Candy.” — Kane
20. “If I were to pick a favorite SummerSlam match of all time, there’s one iconic match that comes to mind: SummerSlam 1992, Bret Hart vs. The British Bulldog at Wembley Stadium in front of more than 80,000 people.” — Natalya Neidhart
The best Georgia Bulldog and bulldog rescue quotes about creating family
Bulldogs make people feel like they’re family.
21. “My fantasy would be to adopt a bulldog from bulldog rescue and a big old mutt from North Shore Animal Shelter.” — Beth Ostrosky Stern
22. “Howard and I have found that our Bulldog Bianca, and adopted cats Walter, Apple, and Leon Bear, enrich our lives so much.” — Beth Ostrosky Stern
23. “Always, always powder your T-zone and the lines going from your nose down around your mouth so you don’t look like a bulldog.” — Gisele Bundchen
24. “Playing on the same team with Sid Luckman and Bulldog Turner and against people like Sammy Baugh, those were nostalgic days for me.” — George Blanda
25. “In Mexico, you need to be a bulldog to make a movie because everything is set up for you to go back home and get depressed and not do the movie.” — Diego Luna
26. “I’m around 6’4’ and 240 pounds. So I rarely feel that intimidated by other men. But I’ve got to give it up to Terry Bradshaw. That guy is a complete bulldog.” — David Harbour
27. “We’re from Athens, GA.; we’re big Bulldog fans, and I remember watching A. J. Green, David Pollock, David Greene. We were big Cowboys and Falcons fans.” — Quavo
28. “I crashed all the frat parties, dressing like a frat boy, acting like I was one of them. I had too much fun. So I had a good time for the quarter that I was a Bulldog.” — Josh Holloway
29. “I always liked the guys who lasted a long time in the match and had endurance. People like Ric Flair going an hour at the 1992 Rumble, or Shawn Michaels and the British Bulldog being one and two in 1995 and both lasting until the end.” — Dean Ambrose
30. “I have to say he’s just as in love with these cats as he is with Bianca, the bulldog, and they’ve really enriched our lives to the point of just complete bliss.” — Beth Ostrosky Stern
Famous bulldog quotes about tenacity and courage
These quotes remind us why the bulldog never gives up!
31. “The dog was created specially for children. He is a god of frolic.” — Henry Ward Beecher
32. “He is as brave as a bulldog and as tenacious as a lobster if he gets his claws upon anyone.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
33. “British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops.” — James Joyce
34. “Franchesca and Sharkey, my French bulldogs, have their own blog. And they are brilliant at it.” — Martha Stewart
35. “Change is like putting lipstick on a bulldog. The bulldog’s appearance hasn’t improved, but now it’s really angry.” — Rosabeth Moss Kanter
36. “Once you’ve got a bull terrier, you never want another dog. I’ve got six bull terriers, a rottweiler, and a bulldog.” — Julian Dicks
37. “She’s a bulldog. She needs all the help she can get. We’ve tried to feminize her a little bit and make her feel sexy!” — Victoria Beckham
38. “I thought it would be lovely to use pet bulldog Noelle as an example to teach the importance of being who you are.” — Gloria Estefan
39. “When a man makes up his mind to do something, then it’s only a matter of time. Staying with time takes bulldog persistence.” — Earl Nightingale
40. “The liberation of women has brought a lot of equality to the man, in the emancipation of the man as a bulldog; we can also be soft. It’s interesting, because sometimes I maybe push the men a little bit more than the women because it’s a little bit less expected.” — Mario Testino
Bulldog quotes and sayings about reaching your goals in life
Bulldogs are recognized for their inability to give up even in difficult situations.
41. “Three English bulldogs count for one kid.” — Troy Polamalu
42. “A bulldog can whip a skunk, but sometimes it’s not worth it.” — Bradley Nowell
43. “In a contest between me and a bulldog, you would say the bulldog is cuter.” — Sylvester Stallone
44. “The bulldogs with the first points on the board. Tim Tebow looking to change that.” — Verne Lundquist
45. “I never question a success, any more than I do the right of a bulldog to lie in his own gateway.” — Josh Billings
46. “Bulldogs have been known to fall on their swords when confronted by my superior tenacity.” — Margaret Halsey
47. “We’re not just dogmatic about this. We’re bulldog-matic! Sola Scriptura is non-negotiable!” — Steve Lawson
48. “My hounds are bred out of the Spartan kind; So flew’d, so sanded; their heads are hung with ears that sweep away the morning dew.” — William Shakespeare
49. “To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.” — Milan Kundera
50. “Without any conscious intention on my part, animals come to play a significant role in my fiction: in Three Junes, a parrot and a pack of collies; in The Whole World Over, a bulldog named The Bruce. To dog lovers, by the way, I recommend My Dog Tulip by J. R. Ackerley, by far the best animal book I’ve ever read.” — Julia Glass
Why do people love bulldogs so much?
There is no doubt about it; bulldogs are fun!
Bulldogs are fun dogs: they like to snuggle, have calm temperaments, they’re loyal and adorable.
Bulldogs can come with some health risks.
The thick skin on their jowls and faces can hold bacteria and lead to infection.
Also, their low muscular build makes them susceptible to hip and back problems as they age.
Bulldogs have also broken Guinness World Records.
The world is full of adventurous bulldogs.
In 2015, A bulldog named Otto set the record for the longest human tunnel traveled on a skateboard.
You read that correctly.
Otto can skateboard!
Hundreds gathered to watch Otto roll through a human tunnel made of the legs of thirty people.
Otto and his family were inspired by another Bulldog named Tillman.
Tillman holds the world record as the fastest dog skateboarder.
Who knows what record they will break next?
What do you love about Bulldogs?
Let us know in the comments section below.