It’s been said since we can all remember that time is a terrible thing to waste. It’s an expiration that’s ever-present, and if we sit around wasting it we will be sorry that we let it go to waste. Time is something that no one can ever get back, and these terrific time quotes prove just how precious each moment of life is. Feel gracious for each minute you’ve been gifted with these quotes about time as your friendly reminder.
Time moves surprisingly fast. In life, you turn around and before you know it, years have gone by.
Time is the most precious resource we have at our disposal. On this earth, we only have a limited amount of time to spend with our friends, family and loved ones.
But although we have the same amount of hours in a day, many of us never seem to have enough time. Some people seem to be able to get more from their day than others. Making the most of your time boils down to time management – you have to plan, prioritize, and spend wisely the hours you have.
In that regard, here are some inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking time quotes, time sayings, and time proverbs that will encourage you to use your time wisely. Enjoy!
Also, check out these insightful priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
Inspirational time quotes about making the most of it
1. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa
2. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ” ― Coco Chanel
3. “Time is the longest distance between two places.” ― Tennessee Williams
4. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
5. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” ― Roy T. Bennett
6. “Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” – Jim Rohn
7. “Time will pass and seasons will come and go.” – Roy Bean
8. “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
9. “Time is what we want most, but… what we use worst.” – William Penn
10. “Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.” – Theophrastus
11. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” – Stephen King
12. “Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late.” – William Shakespeare
Inspirational time quotes about making good use of every minute of your life
13. “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time,’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.” ― Lao Tzu
14. “Life is all about having a good time.” – Miley Cyrus
15. “No use thinking of the past for its gone, don’t think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because thats where you are.” – Kazi Shams
16. “If time flies when you’re having fun, it hits the afterburners when you don’t think you’re having enough.” – Jef Mallett
17. “All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.” – Baltasar Gracian
18. “Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.” – Delmore Schwartz
19. “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.” – Stephen R. Covey
20. “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” – Harvey Mackay
21. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” – Bruce Lee
Inspirational time quotes to make you appreciate it
22. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” ― Marthe Troly-Curtin
23. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
24. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
25. “Lost time is never found again.” – Benjamin Franklin
26. “There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who we spend it on.” – Leo Christopher
27. “The greatest gift you can give someone is your time because when you give your time, you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.” – Anonymous
28. “Change your 24 hours and you will change your life.” – Eric Thomas
29. “The time is always right to do the right thing.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
30. “There are moments and days when I want to freeze time, and there are days I wish away.” – Sarah Williams
31. “Hands of time move us forward, never back. Only memories frozen in mind, can we re-enact.” – Robert M. Hensel
32. “Your time is the one thing you can’t pawn off on somebody else. What do you want to be doing? Are you doing it?” – Anita Dhake
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Inspirational time quotes to encourage you to use it wisely
33. “Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.” ― Anthony G. Oettinger
34. “Time is an equal opportunity employer, but how we treat time is not equal.” – John C. Maxwell
35. “Time is the one thing we all have in common, but it is also the one thing that we all use differently.” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “The trouble is, you think you have time.” — Buddha
37. “We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it.” — Roald Dahl
38. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” — Mark Twain
39. “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
40. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
41. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
42. “Time can be an ally or an enemy. What it becomes depends entirely upon you, your goals, and your determination to use every available minute.” – Zig Ziglar
Time quotes to make you better
43. “They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite” ― Cassandra Clare
44. “We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.” – John F. Kennedy
45. “Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away” – LINKIN PARK
46. “Time is money.” – BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
47. “Time will run back and fetch the Age of Gold.” – JOHN MILTON
48. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
49. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” – Steve Jobs
50. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
Other inspirational time quotes
51. “Time management is about life management.”― Idowu Koyenikan
52. “Everyone’s time is limited. What matters most is to focus on what matters most.”― Roy T. Bennett
53. “The time that leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus.”― Robert Greene
54. “Time, as it grows old, teaches all things.”― Aeschylus
55. “How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever.”― David Norris
56. “Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students.”― Hector Berlioz
57. “You can find something truly important in an ordinary minute.”― Mitch Albom
58. “Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. I drink at it; but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains.”― Henry David Thoreau
59. “Time and tide wait for no man.”― Stephen King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Stephen King quotes to give you a feel for some of his greatest works.
60. “Time has taught me not to lose hope, yet not to trust too much in hope either.”― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
61. “Time deals gently only with those who take it gently.”― Anatole France
62. “Time is the clarity for seeing right and wrong.”― Alan Lightman
63. “If you keep waiting for the right time, it may never happen. Sometimes you have to make the most of the time you have.”― Priya Ardis
64. “Time felt slower when we do nothing but wait.”― Toba Beta
65. “Let every man be master of his time.”― William Shakespeare
More time quotes and sayings
66. “Time can be a greedy thing-sometimes it steals the details for itself.” – Khaled Hosseini
67. “Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.” – Ray Cummings
68. “Never waste a minute thinking about people you don’t like.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
69. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” – Charles Buxton
70. “Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change.” – Thomas Hardy
71. “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” – Carl Sandburg
72. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” ― Andy Warhol
73. “Time is a storm in which we are all lost.” – William Carlos Williams
74. “Time was such an odd thing. One moment you could talk to someone, then suddenly, they were gone.” – Patricia Briggs
75. “Quality time is a very well procrastinated time.” – Alan Maicon
Which of these inspirational time quotes was your favorite?
Although we have a limited amount of time, it is something many of us squander away. Using your time effectively is important, and you stand to gain from it.
Remember, how we spend our time is how we spend our lives. Hopefully, these time quotes will inspire you to be wiser with your time.
Did you enjoy these inspirational time quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 23, 2021 6:00 AM EST