If you feel you can certainly relate, these inspirational jealousy quotes are a great read to brush off those bad vibes and keep your head high.
As they say, jealousy is a sin.
Tell us about the time jealousy got the best of you in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these jealousy quotes?
In life, we often encounter people who simply don’t know how to be happy for others.
Do you have some haters in your life that you would like to gain some perspective on?
Envy is an emotion that eats up many of us.
It is unhealthy, prevents us from moving forward, and fixates on what others have instead of what we want to work for.
Reading these jealousy quotes will help you:
- spot when you are reacting out of jealousy
- understand the importance of not comparing yourself to other people
- practice gratitude
There is a Buddhist term, Mudita, which means sympathetic or unselfish joy.
Joy in the good fortune of others.
The opposite of Mudita is envy and jealousy.
It is a gift to let envy go, and it is life-changing to turn the emotion around into a positive one that motivates and inspires us.
Here are some thoughts on envy to consider as you move forward with your life.
Also, read these incredible rumor quotes about gossip and drama.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Jealousy Quotes About Love, Relationships, and Friends
1. “Envy is the coward side of Hate, and all her ways are bleak and desolate.” – Henry Abbey
You will also enjoy our article on hate quotes.
2. “The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.” – Baltasar Gracián
You will also enjoy our article on haters quotes.
3. “A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.” – Proverbs 14:30
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about comparison.
4. “Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.” – Spanish Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on sad love quotes
5. “Rust consumes iron and envy consumes itself.” – Danish Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on replace your social media jealousy with inspiration.
6. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
You will also enjoy our article on bad bitch quotes.
7. “Envy is a littleness of soul, which cannot see beyond a certain point, and if it does not occupy the whole space, feels itself excluded.” – William Hazlitt
You will also enjoy our article on resentment quotes.
8. “Take heed you harbor not that vice called Envy, lest another’s happiness be your torment, and God’s blessing become your curse.” – Wellins Calcott
You will also enjoy our article on enemy quotes.
9. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on Othello quotes.
10. “It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered.”- Aeschylus
You will also enjoy our article on evil eye quotes.
Jealousy quotes for haters
11. “It is never wise to seek or wish for another’s misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.” – Charley Reese
You will also enjoy our article on rough day quotes.
12. “Our envy of others devours us most of all.” – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
You will also enjoy our article on Rumi quotes.
13. “Envy, if surrounded on all sides by the brightness of another’s prosperity, like the scorpion confined within a circle of fire, will sting itself to death.” – Charles Caleb Colton
You will also enjoy our article on approval quotes.
14. “Nothing sharpens sight like envy.” – Thomas Fuller
15. “Men are so constituted that every one undertakes what he sees another successful in, whether he has aptitude for it or not.” – Johann Von Goethe
You will also enjoy our article on fighting cancer quotes.
16. “Envy among other ingredients has a mixture of the love of justice in it. We are more angry at undeserved than at deserved good-fortune.” – William Hazlitt
You might also like these fake friends quotes that will give you perspective on the difference between those who are real and those who aren’t.
17. “Oh, what a bitter thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes.” – William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on anger quotes.
18. “Envy is more irreconcilable than hatred.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
19. “Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise.” – John Gay
Envy and Jealousy Quotes about life
20. “Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self-worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.” – Unknown
21. “Envy shoots at others and wounds itself.” – English Proverb
22. “Keep yourselves far from envy; it eateth up and taketh away good actions, like as fire eateth up and burneth wood.” – Muhammad
23. “Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man’s self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.” – Francis Bacon
24. “The envious person grows lean with the fatness of their neighbor.” – Socrates
Also, check out these Othello quotes for the jealous heart.
25. “Envy is like a fly that passes all the body’s sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores.” – Arthur Chapman
26. “Jealousy—Tormenting yourself, for fear you should be tormented by another.” – Paul Chatfield
27. “Never waste jealousy on a real man: it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run.” – George Bernard Shaw
28. “In jealousy there is more self-love than love.” – François de la Rochefoucauld, Maxims, 1665
29. “Envy is a waste of time.” – Unknown
30. “But I like not these great success of yours; for I know how jealous are the gods.” — Herodotus
Jealousy quotes in relationships
31. “It is not love that is blind, but jealousy.” – Lawrence Durrell, Justine, 1957
32. “I don’t get jealousy, I don’t get how people hate each other – I never did.” — Nas
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
33. “He that is not jealous is not in love.” – Augustine
34. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn, Some Fruits of Solitude, 1693
35. “Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.” – Josh Billings
36. “Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.” – Harold Coffin
37. “Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.” – Elizabeth Bowen
38. “Pure love allows no room for jealousy.”- James Lendall Basford (1845–1915), Sparks from the Philosopher’s Stone
39. “I am drawn to women who are independent and creative, which is problematic because it’s a struggle, a competition of careers. There’s jealousy.”— Marilyn Manson
40. “Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point – that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative – self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it’s a mistake or luck.” – Jennifer James
Jealousy quotes for friends
41. “Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening.”- Maya Angelou
42. “Jealousy is the great exaggerator.”- Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller, The Conspiracy of Fiesco, 1783
43. “Jealousy and love are sisters.”- Russian Proverb
44. “As iron is eaten by rust, so are the envious consumed by envy.”- Antisthenes
45. “Jealousy is an awkward homage which inferiority renders to merit.”- de Puixieux
46. “Jealousy is the dragon in paradise; the hell of heaven; and the most bitter of the emotions because associated with the sweetest.” – R. Orage
47. “Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.” – George Eliot
48. “[T]he ear of jealousy heareth all things.” – The Bible (Apocrypha), Wisdom of Solomon 1:10
49. “Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it.” – Honore de Balzac
50. “Jealousy injures us with the dagger of self-doubt.” – Terri Guillemets
Cute jealousy quotes
51. “People are taken aback by a confident, pretty girl who knows what she wants in life and isn’t going to let anyone get in her way. And you know what it’s all about? Jealousy.” — Summer Altice
52. “Envy is ignorance.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
53. “O jealousy! thou magnifier of trifles.” – Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
54. “Envy lurks at the bottom of the human heart like a viper in its hole.” – Honoré de Balzac
55. “Never love unless you can bear with all the faults of man: Men will sometimes jealous be, Though but little cause they see.” – Thomas Campion, ‘Never Love Unless’
56. “Every other sin hath some pleasure annexed to it, or will admit of an excuse: envy alone wants both.” – Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy
57. “Trifles light as air, are to the jealous confirmations strong as proofs of holy writ.” – William Shakespeare, Othello
58. “The jealous bring down the curse they fear upon their own heads.” – Dorothy Dix
59. “Pity is for the living, envy is for the dead.” – Mark Twain
60. “Jealousy is always born with love, but does not always die with it.” – François de la Rochefoucauld, Maxims
Insightful jealousy quotes
61. “Whoever envies another confesses his superiority.” – Samuel Johnson, The Rambler
62. “Red is such an interesting color to correlate with emotion, because it’s on both ends of the spectrum. On one end you have happiness, falling in love, infatuation with someone, passion, all that. On the other end, you’ve got obsession, jealousy, danger, fear, anger and frustration.” — Taylor Swift
63. “O! Beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on.” – William Shakespeare, Othello
64. “Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.” – Elizabeth O’Connor
65. “Envy assails the noblest: the winds howl around the highest peaks.” – Ovid
66. “A show of envy is an insult to oneself.” – Yevgeny Alexandrovich Yevtushenko
67. “I would rather drudge out my life on a cotton plantation, till the grave opened to give me rest, than to live with an unprincipled master and a jealous mistress.” — Harriet Ann Jacobs
68. “Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.” – Paul Eldridge
69. “The truest mark of being born with great qualities is being born without envy.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
70. “Jealousy is a crutch.” – Terri Guillemets
Jealousy quotes to enlighten you
71. “Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive.”- Havelock Ellis, On Life and Sex: Essays of Love and Virtue, 1937
72. “Jealousy… is a mental cancer.”- C. Forbes
73. “Jealousy hyphenates love in all the wrong places.”- Terri Guillemets
74. “Envy slays itself by its own arrows.”- Unknown
75. “The spirit of envy can destroy; it can never build.” – Margaret Thatcher
76. “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” – Fulton J. Sheen
77. “Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ” ― Carrie Fisher
78. “Jealousy is the fear or apprehension of superiority: envy our uneasiness under it.” – William Shenstone
79. “Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart.” – George Eliot
80. “Jealousy lives upon doubts. It becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.” –Francois de la Rochefoucauld
Jealousy quotes to inspire and teach
81. “Jealousy is not a barometer by which the depth of love can be read, it merely records the degree of the lover’s insecurity.” – Margaret Mead
82. “Jealousy is one of the wickedest of all the passions. It is that which has been the most fruitful mother of tragedies, murders, and wars. But reprehensible though it is, jealousy is almost rather to be pitied than blamed–its first victims are those who harbour the feeling.” –Arthur Lynch
83. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.” ― Shannon L. Alder
84. “Jealousy’s a weak emotion.” ― Jay-Z
85. “You can’t be yourself within jealousy.” ― Toba Beta
86. “I don’t ever remember being particularly jealous of anybody, because I figured if I can’t do it myself, I don’t deserve to get it.” — Clyde Tombaugh
87. “What sort of love is permeated by jealousy? You are jealous because you are unaware that everything you need is inside you.” — Peter Deunov
88. “Jealousy is an ugly emotion that makes people do some seriously whacked shit and when a woman is experiencing it, it’s worse.” ― Kristen Ashley
89. “Jealousy is love in competition.” ― Toba Beta
90. “A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.” – Robert A. Heinlein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
Thought-provoking jealousy quotes
91. “Don’t waste time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind.” – Mary Schmich
92. “Jealousy – that jumble of secret worship and ostensible aversion.” – Emile M. Cioran
93. “Passion can quickly slip to jealous or even hatred.” – Arthur Golden
94. “Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves.” ― Joseph Addison
95. “Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul.” – John Dryden
96. “Jealousy is all the fun you think they had…” – Erica Jong
97. “She let the jealousy slip out of her fingertips.” ― Jodi Lynn Anderson
98. “He who is jealous, is never jealous of what you see, with what is imagined is enough.” ― Jacinto Benavente
99. “A jealous husband is an ugly thing.” ― Keith Ablow
100. “The venom clamors of a jealous woman poison more deadly than a mad dog’s tooth.” – William Shakespeare
101. “The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.” – Salvador Dal
102. “You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself.” – Margaret Atwood
103. “To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self.” – Joan Didion
104. “Surrounded by the flames of jealousy, the jealous one winds up, like the scorpion, turning the poisoned sting against himself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
105. “To jealousy, nothing is more frightful than laughter.” – F. Sagan
Other eye-opening jealousy quotes
106. “Grudges get heavier, the longer they are carried.” – F. P.K. Thomajan
107. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
108. “A jealous woman does better research than the FBI.” – Unknown
109. “Jealousy is when you count someone else’s blessings instead of your own.”– Roy T. Bennett
110. “Envy and jealousy stem from the fundamental inability to rejoice at someone else’s happiness or success” – Matthieu Ricard
111. “Anger, resentment, and jealousy don’t change the heart of others – it only changes yours.”– Shannon Alder
112. “Jealousy is a disease; love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.”– Robert Heinlein
113. “You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.”– Gary Allan
114. “You can’t be friends with someone who wants your life.”– Oprah Winfrey
115. “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?”– Sean Covey
Jealousy quotes to contemplate on
116. “Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.” ― H.G. Wells
117. “Stop worrying about someone taking your spot. God already have it reserved. Do the work to get there and fill it!” ― Yvonne Pierre
118. “Jealousy is a disease, it’s like a poison.” ― Francesca Marciano
119. “Marriage and its entourage of possession and jealousy enslave the spirit.” ― Irvin D. Yalom
120. “One of the most powerful lessons in life is to recognize that no one can give you power, and many people don’t want you to have it. You have to find the courage to seize it, own it and hold on!” ― Shannon L. Alder
121. “Plain women are always jealous of their husbands. Beautiful women never are. They are always so occupied with being jealous of other women’s husbands.” ― Oscar Wilde
122. “Jealousy blurs the focus.” ― Toba Beta
123. “Beware of those who are bitter, for they will never allow you to enjoy your fruit.” ― Suzy Kassem
124. “The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike.” ― Colette
125. “Envy suggests inferiority.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
Jealousy quotes to make you appreciate what you have
126. “Jealousy is a dog’s bark which attracts thieves.” -Karl Kraus
127. “A negative judgment gives you more satisfaction than praise, provided it smacks of jealousy.” -Jean Baudrillard
128. “There is never jealousy where there is not strong regard.” -Washington Irving
129. “More men die of jealousy than of cancer.” -Joseph P. Kennedy
130. “Jealousy is the grave of affection.” -Mary Baker Eddy
131. “Like hatred, jealousy is forbidden by the laws of life because it is essentially destructive.” -Alexis Carrel
132. “Love shouldn’t be about jealousy or anything like that.” -Aaron Carter
133. “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire.” -Solomon Ibn Gabirol
134. “Jealousy is, I think, the worst of all faults because it makes a victim of both parties.” -Gene Tierney
135. “Jealousy is the tie that binds, and binds, and binds.” -Helen Rowland
Jealousy quotes about how it steals your joy
136. “Jealousy is the fear of comparison.” –Max Frisch
137. “There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy.” –Lope de Vega
138.“To live without comparison is to remove a tremendous burden.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
139. “The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.” –Johann Kaspar Lavater
140. “Nothing is more capable of troubling our reason, and consuming our health, than secret notions of jealousy in solitude.” –Aphra Behn
141. “The knives of jealousy are honed on details.” –Ruth Rendell
142. “From heresy, frenzy and jealousy, good Lord deliver me.” –Ludovico Ariosto
143. “Your healing will begin the moment you realize who you need to distance yourself from.” ― R. M. drake
144. “Even if people pretend that they’re OK with it, jealousy can eat people alive.” –Phoebe Fox
145. “Why do we feel jealousy? Therapists often regard the demon as a scar of childhood trauma or a symptom of a psychological problem. And it’s true that people who feel inadequate, insecure, or overly dependent tend to be more jealous than others.” –Helen Fisher
Jealousy Quotes To Help You Avoid Envy
146. “Wisdom I know is social. She seeks her fellows. But Beauty is jealous, and illy bears the presence of a rival.” — Thomas Jefferson
147. “Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealousy, and envy.” — Og Mandino
148. “Do not listen to nay-sayers, or those who may be envious or jealous of your intentions. See the possibilities. The world belongs to the doers not the nay-sayers.” — Byron Pulsifer
149. “Jealousy cuts across, and does not necessarily blend with, other aspects of a relationship.” — Terri Apter
150. “Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.” — William Arthur
151. “If two people can fully trust one another and are good at communicating with each other, jealousy will never win. NEVER!” — Robert Rain
152. “If you’re suffering from problems of self-esteem or from constant bouts of jealousy, it didn’t happen overnight.” — Bailey Jackson
153. “Comparison is a very foolish attitude, because each person is unique and incomparable. Once this understanding settles in you, jealousy disappears.” — Osho
154. “Dismiss personal jealousy and complaints. Learn to have tolerance and patience, both with yourself and with others.” — Thomas Erikson
155. “Aside from the real threats that are often present in our lives, there are other triggers of jealousy that are rooted in our own problems.” — Ryan Help
Short Jealous Quotes To Inspire Your Day
156. “What is jealousy but a reflection of your own failures?” — Michael Connelly
157. “Never hate jealous people. They are jealous because they think you are better than them.” — Paulo Coelho.
158. “But jealous souls will not be answered so. They are not ever jealous for the cause, but jealous for they’re jealous. It is a monster begot upon itself, born on itself.” — William Shakespeare
159. “I’ve never been jealous before I met you, it burns, luv. Like silver through my veins.” — Jeaniene Frost
160. “Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, For jealousy dislikes the world to know it.” — Lord Byron
161. “Jealousy is the worst trait in any person.” — Adam DeVine
162. “I am used to jealousy and people putting me in a box and labeling me without really knowing me.” — Sonja Morgan
163. “Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon.” — Paris Hilton
164. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” — Drake
165. “It’s a completely useless emotion – jealousy. I don’t go there.” — Joy Behar
Jealousy Quotes About How It Feels
166. “Jealousy is a funny thing. We spend so much of high school consumed by it, hating that another person has something we don’t, wishing we could taste what it’s like to be them.” ― Casey McQuiston
167. “My heart is too valuable to allow hatred and jealousy to rent a spot.” ― Mufti Ismail Menk
168. “If you’re jealous of someone else it simply means you have not come to a true acceptance and appreciation of yourself.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
169. “Jealousy is not something you can turn off, it’s one of the natural feelings just like love.” ― Sarvesh Jain
170. “If you are getting jealous of someone excellence, believe me it will make you upset, disturbing, nervous, confused, distressing, and so on.”― Santosh Kumar
171. “It’s only natural to feel jealous, but what you do afterwards separates you from the crowd.” ― Sarvesh Jain
172. “Love bears two negative feelings; fear and jealousy, overcoming that, beautify life; otherwise, these become self-hurting.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
173. “Feeling Jealous of Same-field Friends is Normal, But Don’t Let It Ruin Your Creativity. Focus -Learn more about your innate talents Instead.” ― Chandima Gangodawila
174. “Jealousy is an attempt to hold by force what you know you can’t hold by merit” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
175. “The jealousy is not only the conscious; it is the unconscious too and is much more dangerous and quietly destroys your best skills.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
Jealousy Quotes To Avoid Feeling Insecure
176. “When you strengthen your self-esteem, there is no room for jealousy.” — Harold H. Bloomfield
177. “Jealousy is the paralysis of love.” — Luc de Clapiers
178. “Love that is fed by jealousy dies hard.” — Ovid
179. “Obviously, in dealing with a relationship, sexuality has to be involved, and jealousy and emotions like that. And I don’t know, I’ve always been intrigued by those emotions.” — Adrian Lyne
180. “Jealousy … is an affliction of the spirit which, unlike some sins of the flesh, gives no one any pleasure.” — Muriel Spark
181. “jealousy is the direct result of self-betrayal.” — Edna O’Brien
182. “Togetherness, passion, laughter, faith, trust, and jealousy are the essential ingredients of love.” — Shahrukh Khan
183. “Jealousy is the very reverse of understanding, of sympathy, and of generous feeling. Never has jealousy added to character, never does it make the individual big and fine.” — Emma Goldman
184. “Bored by safety, the lover grows jealous and exacting.” — Mason Cooley
185. “Jealousy is a keen observer, but looks for all the wrong signs.” — H. L. Mencken
Jealous Quotes For When You Feel Envious
186. “Allow me to assure you, that suspicion and jealousy never did help any man in any situation.” — Abraham Lincoln
187. “Jealousy which keeps silent grows in its silence.” — Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
188. “Jealous people destroy what they are incapable of creating.” — Paul Guth
189. “A little jealousy arouses a happy love that is asleep.” — Antoinette Deshoulieres
190. “Jealousy blinds the stricken heart, and without examining, believes everything it fears.” — Pierre Corneille
191. “No true love there can be without its dread penalty – jealousy.” — Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
192. “We are jealous of a rival, while we are envious of what other people have.” — Jean le Rond d’Alembert
193. “All jealousy must be strangled in its birth, or time will soon make it strong enough to overcome the truth.” — Davenant
194. “Women detest a jealous man whom they do not love, but it angers them when a man they do love is not jealous.” — L’Enclos
195. “Jealousy is like a hot pepper. Use it mildly, and you add spice to the relationship. Use too much of it and it can burn.” — Ayala Pines
Jealousy Quotes To Overcome Its Negative Effects
196. “Jealousy fuses megalomania and self-abandonment.” ― Mason Cooley
197. “It’s amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.” ― Rupert Everett
198. “Jealousy is not love, but self-love.” ― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
199. “The jealousy that arises from another’s achievement is overcome by developing an awareness of and admiration for one’s own and other’s achievement.” ― Dalai Lama
200. “Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they want to find a flaw.” ― Gosho Aoyama
201. “Pride may go before a fall, but jealousy goes before destruction.” ― Gladys Taber
202. “jealousy, the most hideous emotion any human being ever suffers, has nothing to do with the mind. Or not at first.” ― Storm Jameson
203. “In my experience lust only ever leads to misery. All that suspicion and jealousy and anguish it unleashes. I don’t want those things in my life.” ― Chrissie Hynde
204. “Jealousy is the fire of envy that seeks to destroy another’s beauty, rather than to create its own.” ― Wes Fesler
205. “Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining with noble hearts.” ― Anna Godbersen
Jealousy Quotes To Help You Rise Above Haters
206. “Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.” ― J.R. Ward
207. “Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy.” — Aristotle
208. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” — Bob Marley
209. “Some people hate you because of your success, and they will always hate you even if you give them everything you possess.” ― Mouloud Benzadi
210. “If a lion turned every time small dogs barked at it, it would be the laughing stock of the jungle.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
211. “ A person is born with feelings of envy and hate. If he gives way to them, they will lead him to violence and crime, and any sense of loyalty and good faith will be abandoned.”— Xun Kuang
212. “Those who pull you down are inferior to those who lift you up.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
213. “Those people, who hate you, envy your freedom.” — Santosh Kalwar
214. “Hunger, revenge, to sleep are petty foes, But only death the jealous eyes can close.” — William Wycherley
215. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
Jealousy Quotes To Help You Overcome Its Distructions
216. “The best way to avoid envy is to deserve the success you get.” — Aristotle
217. “I think it’s important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state – meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.” — Heidi Klum
218. “Those who are believed to be most abject and humble are usually most ambitious and envious.” — Baruch Spinoza
219. “Never trust anyone who wants what you’ve got. Friend or no, envy is an overwhelming emotion.” — Eubie Blake
220. “Magnanimous people have no vanity, they have no jealousy, and they feed on the true and the solid wherever they find it. And, what is more, they find it everywhere.” Van Wyck Brooks
221. “My wife’s jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.” — Rodney Dangerfield
222. “If one of two lovers is loyal, and the other jealous and false, how may their friendship last, for Love is slain!” — Marie de France
223. “I’m not really easy to live with! There needs to be unlimited patience and unconditional love. Men I’ve known before loved my independent spirit and were proud of my success, to the point that they’d become jealous of the time I devote to my career.” — Milla Jovovich
224. “Man is jealous because of his amour propre; woman is jealous because of her lack of it.” — Germaine Greer
225. Jealous, adj. Unduly concerned about the preservation of that which can be lost only if not worth keeping. — Ambrose Bierce
Embracing the concept of unselfish joy helps us to let envy go and truly have happiness for others.
We can truly enjoy this feeling while seeking our own.
The negative things in life shouldn’t bog us down.
Instead, let’s be inspired and motivated by the positive.
What do you think about these jealousy quotes?
Leave a comment below.