These hang-in-there quotes will keep you going until you reach your goal.
Feel free to share your goals with us in the comment section below, along with which of these quotes will help you the most!
If you are a millennial or older, chances are you remember the iconic poster of the cat hanging on the rope with the caption “hang in there” on the wall of the nurse or counselor’s office at school.
Iconic posters of kittens aside, hanging in there is one of the most important of all human qualities: resilience.
Resilience manifests itself differently in everyone. Some of us are mentally resilient.
Others are physically resilient. Still, others are emotionally resilient.
Even people who feel completely helpless are still resilient.
They are just resilient in maintaining the belief that they are helpless.
We will all face parts of our journey where we must channel our inner cat on a rope and hang in there.
These become the moments that teach us who we truly are. Hang in there!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Short hang-in-there quotes and sayings that will offer support
1. “You can’t quit or give up before you get it!” — Eric Thomas
2. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
3. “Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.” — Victor Hugo
4. “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “But I was told to hang in there, and it was good advice.” — Jim Broadbent
6. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” — Oscar Wilde
7. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” — Dale Carnegie
8. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. “In the end, everything will be okay. If it’s not okay, it’s not yet the end.” — Fernando Sabino
10. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” — Richard Bach
Hang-in-there quotes about failures
11. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
12. “You always pass failure on the way to success.” — Mickey Rooney
13. “Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them.” — Hugh Miller
14. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Plutarch
15. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” — Benjamin Franklin
16. “You can’t shine like a diamond, if you not willing to get cut like a diamond!” — Eric Thomas
17. “Pause and remember—You will make it to the other side of this hardship.” — Jennifer Young
18. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy-I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams
19. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison
20. “If you have the character to hang in there when it’s tough, you will develop or acquire every other characteristic necessary to win the game of life.” — Zig Ziglar
Hang-in-there quotes about work and your career
21. “You gotta hang in there and be tenacious.” — Gina Schock
22. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.” — Joe Girard
23. “No matter how hard it seems, the longer you persist, the more likely your success.” — Jack Canfield
24. “The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor.” — Jack Canfield
25. “You just hang in there, and occasionally you might make something which you can call art… briefly.” — Ridley Scott
26. “At the very moment when people underestimate you is when you can make a breakthrough.” — Germany Kent
27. “Whatever you do to gain success, you have to hang in there and hope good things happen. Always think positive.” — Don Rickles
28. “If there’s anything I’m proud of in my career, it’s that I’ve been able to hang in there and keep progressing over the years.” — Doris Burke
29. “I think if you just hang in there long enough and keep doing what you know is your sweet spot, I think the world eventually catches up to you.” — Courtney B. Vance
30. “Over the years, I’ve learned that if you can just hang in there and, regardless of what’s presented to you, take it as a challenge and try to bring in something fresh, then it works.” — Adam West
Hang-in-there quotes that will inspire you to keep going
31. “Hang in there, strong girl. Hard times don’t last forever. Life moves on. And so will you.” — Eunice Loreto
32. “So those who are hurting and suffering today, hang in there. The sun will shine again.” — Tammy Faye Bakker
33. “You can do amazing things if you have strong faith, deep desire, and just hang in there.” — Norman Vincent Peale
34. “Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing ‘til it gets there.’” — Josh Billings
35. “Hang in there. It is astonishing how short a time it can take for very wonderful things to happen.” — Frances Hodgson Burnett
36. “I’ve inherited a kind of… willfulness, a kind of quiet willfulness that I’ll just hang in there with something until it happens.” — Tony Goldwyn
37. “Sometimes you will think you can’t take it another day. But if you hang in there, one step at a time, you will be able to accomplish more than you ever imagine.” — Taya Kyle
38. “Sometimes you find yourself temporarily juggled out of your seat and holding onto a strap. But the main idea is to hang in there and not be shoved out the door.” — Cliff Robertson
39. “Once you have been through a certain amount of things in life, you definitely grow more comfortable with yourself. To persevere and hang in there and believe in yourself.” — Steve Nash
40. “What do you say to a person who is going to their death? Normally, we would just say, ‘Hang in there, keep your hope up,’ because there is hope until the very last second.” — Anthony Ray Hinton
Hang-in-there quotes about your goals and dreams and life
41. “You just work through it. You just hang in there.” — Gayle Forman
42. “Sometimes life gets weird. Hang in there, it gets better.” — Tanner Patrick
43. “Endurance is the crowning quality, And patience all the passion of great hearts.” — James Russell Lowell
44. “The pressure of survival in the big city will make you lose sight of your dream… Hang in there.” — James De La Vega
45. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar
46. “If you’re having fun, and it’s your dream, stick with it. If you can’t hang in there, go find something else to do.” — Sean Murray
47. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher
48. “Just hang in there and never give up, and find out what is your talent. First you got to find your talent and just stick with your talent, and I guarantee you’ll get there, man.” — Juicy J
49. “My ideal relationship with the reader is that at certain points they will have said, ‘I’m finding this quite tough, but I’m going to hang in there,’ then at the end they will say, ‘Oh God, I’m glad I hung on, it was so worth it.’” — Sebastian Faulks
50. “You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goal aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.” — Larry Flynt
It is not always easy to persevere, but it is always worth it
Getting knocked down is inevitable in life.
However, valuable wisdom is revealed to us when we remember it is not if we fall but if we get up.
Author Taya Kyle once shared that “Sometimes you will think you can’t take it another day. But if you hang in there, one step at a time, you will be able to accomplish more than you ever imagine.”
Her words are encouraging, especially when you consider she was widowed in a tragic event where her husband, Chris Kyle, was killed.
Challenging circumstances reveal much about who we are to ourselves.
It is easy to believe we are resilient in easy times.
This belief will get tested as we push through life and take on new experiences.
What is something you have had to be resilient about?
Let us know in the comments.
August 31, 2022 9:00 AM EST