Give things another chance with these getting back-together quotes.
Breakups can be difficult.
Some people feel heartache after a problematic separation, which can be traumatic and life-altering.
Depending on our conditions, getting back together can be risky, or it can be worthwhile.
Tell us which getting back together quote most resonated with you in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these getting back together quotes?
Current data suggests that about half of marriages end in divorce.
While those numbers sound disappointing, you will be happy to hear that other data shows that despite all the breakups, about half of couples attempt to reunite after calling it quits.
However, research has also shown that many couples break up for uninspired, ambiguous, or unclear reasons.
49 percent of people considering leaving a relationship had mixed feelings despite issues such as:
- emotional distance
- a breach of trust
One of the main reason couples tried to get back together was that people assumed their partner had changed for the better, mainly regarding communication.
Check out this book before you decide to take back an ex.
Short getting back together quotes for Instagram
1. “Souls tend to go back to who feels like home.” — N. R. Heart
2. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Hermann Hesse
3. “After all, soul mates always end up together.” — Cecelia Ahern
4. “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” — George Eliot
5. “It takes one person to forgive; it takes two people to be reunited.” — Lewis B Smedes
6. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love.” — Tom Robbins
7. “If you love something, set it free; if it comes back, it’s yours. If it doesn’t, it never was.” — Richard Bach
8. “To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.” — Domenico Cieri
9. “We were not good at saying goodbye. We always get back together, every time we tried.” — Nudershada Cabanes
10. “There are times when two people need to step apart from one another, but there is no rule that says they have to turn and fire.” — Robert Breault
Getting back together quotes from songs
11. “You look as good as the day I met you. I forget just why I left you. I was insane.” — The Chainsmokers, Closer
12. “But try not to judge me ’cause we’ve walked down different paths. But it brought us here together, so I won’t take that back.” — Thompson Square, Glass
13. “You will remember when this is blown over, and everything’s all by the way. When I grow older (yeah), I will be there at your side.” — Queen, Love of My Life
14. “I knew her smile in an instant; I knew the curve of her face. It was my own lovely lady, And she said, ‘Oh, it’s you.’” — Rupert Holmes, Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
15. “Un-break my heart, say you’ll love me again. Undo this hurt you caused when you walked out the door and walked out of my life.” — Toni Braxton, Un-Break My Heart
16. “Hello, it’s me. I was wondering if, after all these years, you’d like to meet to go over everything. They say that time’s supposed to heal ya, but I ain’t done much healing.” — Adele, Hello
17. “So many tears I’ve cried. So much pain inside. But baby, it ain’t over ’til it’s over. So many years, we’ve tried to keep our love alive. But baby, it ain’t over ’til it’s over.” — Lenny Kravitz, It Ain’t Over ’til It’s Over
18. “Once again, I seemed to feel that old yearning. Then I knew the spark of love was still burning. There’ll be no new romance for me. It’s foolish to start for that old, that old feeling is still in my heart.” — Frank Sinatra, That Old Feeling
19. “Looks like we made it. Left each other on the way to another love. Looks like we made it, or I thought so till today. Until you were there everywhere and all I could taste was love the way we made it.” — Barry Manilow, Looks Like We Made It
20. “In the end, you’re still my friend. At least, we did intend for us to work; we didn’t break; we didn’t burn. We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in. I had to learn what I got and what I’m not and who I am.” — Jason Mraz, I Won’t Give Up
Getting back together quotes about love
21. “We love each other, so let’s forgive and forget and fall in love again.” — Anonymous
22. “My heart is soft and loving, but it is also strong enough to love after all the pain.” — Anonymous
23. “In the end they’ll return to be with you, not because they’re weak, but because they chose to love you.” — Anonymous
24. “I’d rather spend my days arguing with you over petty things than be alone by myself with no one to love.” — Anonymous
25. “Troubles are a part of a healthy relationship. Without them, how can your partner have the chance to love you more.” — Anonymous
26. “And what do all the great words come to in the end, but that? I love you — I am at rest with you—I have come home.” — Dorothy L. Sayers
27. “A relationship is like a rose. How long it lasts, no one knows. Love can erase an awful past. Love can be yours. You’ll see at last.” — Rob Cella
28. “I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” — Pietro Aretino
29. “Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough.” — Dinah Shore
30. “I love you, so I’m willing to set you free. If you come back, then you really are for me. And if you don’t, then I guess you were never meant for me.” — Anonymous
Getting back together quotes to consider
31. “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.” — Leo Buscaglia
32. “Jump and teach yourself how to release your wings as you fall.” — Anonymous
33. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” — Maya Angelou
34. “Your relationship with your own self sets the mood for your other relationships.” — Anonymous
35. “Keep your relationship strong and never let those trials and tribulations get the best of you.” — Anonymous
36. “When a petty fight is slowly ripping you apart, try recalling how lucky you are to have that person in your life.” — Anonymous
37. “Unfortunately, we all have that one person we’d take any second no matter how much they hurt us in the past.” — Tinku Razoria
38. “Maybe we needed to break a little, so we could put ourselves back together more beautifully than before.” — Leah Raeder
39. “You can usually tell when a couple becomes centered on each other because they are forever breaking up and getting back together.” — Sean Covey
40. “I just can’t do it anymore. It’s too painful. It doesn’t mean I’m over you. It means I’m not going to waste the rest of my life being haunted by your memory.” — Ashleigh Zavarell
First-person getting back together quotes
41. “I don’t ever wanna let go. If I do, I might break and die. So please, don’t let me go either.” — Anonymous
42. “I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal.” — Vita Sackville-West
43. “Whenever you reveal another ugly side of you, I always tell myself that you’re beautiful and you’re mine to keep.” — Anonymous
44. “You had to leave suddenly and I let you go without it, with the hope that you would come back into my life.” — Nudershada Cabanes
45. “There was not a day when I don’t miss you. You’re the only person I ever think about. I was hurt and broken after you left.” — Anonymous
46. “You’re the best and worst thing in my life. Please stay with me. Let’s not sacrifice the good times for the bad times that happened.” — Anonymous
47. “When you left, you took away the greatest part of me with you. Now that I’m here, I want that piece back, and I want all of you back.” — Anonymous
48. “Your words might have pierced me a hundred times, but I want to ignore the pain, let them heal, and still embrace you and your bad side.” — Anonymous
49. “From now on, you will never be alone; even when we are separated, and even when death itself parts us, I shall remain with you.” — Ladislaus Boros
50. “I swore to myself it wouldn’t happen again. I vowed to myself that this was the end. The end of this longing, this yearning so strong… I said I was over you, but oh I was so wrong.” — Anonymous
What do you think about people getting back together?
An anonymous poet said, “Not all typhoons come to disrupt your life; some pass to clear your path.”
Some of life’s storms clear the steps on our journey.
We hear getting back together songs inspired by heartbroken people.
We empathize or sympathize with their situation, as most people have experienced loss.
But what about those starting the breakup?
New research suggests that a split is harder on the person doing it because of the doubt that lingers in the decision.
For some, discontinuing a relationship is easy as batting an eyelash.
Others find this process to be complicated for a variety of reasons.
If you are considering patching things up with an ex-partner, be honest with yourself.
What are the motives for reconsidering?
Is it because they feel lonely, bored, or afraid?
None of those are constructive platforms for making relationship decisions.
Which getting back together quote most resonated with you?
Tell us in the comment section below.
December 9, 2022 8:09 AM EST