If you like making an extra effort, you will love our list of go the extra mile quotes.
Apart from these quotes, we have also discussed what is meant by the phrase “go the extra mile.”
So, let’s start without any further ado!
What is Meant by “Go the Extra Mile”?
The phrase “go the extra mile” refers to an act of making an additional effort.
In other words, it means doing more than what is needed or expected.
The origin of this phrase dates back to the time of Jesus.
In a biblical passage, Jesus asks and encourages those who follow him to walk an extra mile.
These followers must choose someone who compels them to walk the extra mile.
However, in modern literature, this phrase is usually used to describe a person determined to do more than required or expected.
A person is said to go the extra mile if he puts in extra effort while achieving his goal.
Here are a few examples of going the extra mile in real life.
- A representative of the customer service center who not only resolves the issue of a customer but also provides additional tips to avoid such an issue in the future.
- A teacher who offers extra coaching to the students after school time.
Is there any Benefit to Going the Extra Mile?
Here are a few of the most prominent benefits of going the extra mile:
- Increases job satisfaction
- Helps improve skills
- Creates new opportunities
- It boosts your reputation
Increases Job Satisfaction
When you go the extra mile while performing your job duties, it offers you much-needed job satisfaction.
As a result, you would start taking pride in your work.
It further allows you to strive and do your best.
Helps Improve Skills
By going the extra mile, you can develop new skills and improve the existing ones.
This also helps to boost your confidence and learning abilities.
Creates New Opportunities
When you go the extra mile, it opens new opportunities.
This promotes the overall growth and advancement of a person.
Gives a Boost to your Reputation
Going the extra mile could serve as a way to boost your reputation as an employee.
People around you would have a positive view of you.
This enhances your chances to excel in your field.
Top 10 Go The Extra Mile Quotes
Following is the list of the top 10 Go the Extra Mile quotes we have compiled for you.
1. “Excellence is going the extra mile.” — Joyce Meyer
2. “Love is about going that extra mile even if it hurts.” — Jennifer Flackett
3. “There are no traffic jams when you go the extra mile.” — Zig Ziglar
4. “Always go the extra mile. If you can’t run it… Walk it!” — Bobby Compton
5. “People of excellence go the extra mile to do what’s right.” — Joel Osteen
6. “Start going the extra mile, and opportunity will follow you.” — Napoleon Hill
7. “If you’re mentally ready, you’re willing to go the extra mile.” — Peter Schmeichel
8. “Put ‘going the extra mile’ to work as part of one’s daily habit.” — Bruce Lee
9. “It’s simple… go the extra mile, and you will stand out from the crowd.” — Robin Crow
10. “Overdeliver. Overdeliver. Overdeliver. That’s how you go the extra mile.” — Gary Ryan Blair
Go The Extra Mile Quotes that Offer Valuable Advice
These go to the extra mile quotes contain valuable messages for the readers. So try to act on these pieces of advice.
11. “Only those who go the extra mile can find out how far they can go.” — Unknown
12. “Will you choose the easy way or go the extra mile and rise higher?” ― Hiral Nagda
13. “Stop going the extra mile for those who won’t even move an inch for you.” — Vishnu Db Guar
14. “Don’t accept the available as the preferable. Go the extra mile with extra speed.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
15. “Always go the extra mile. It helps to create the devoted customer that wants to come back.” — Unknown
16. “Dynamic, sustainable results will only be achieved through a commitment to going the extra mile.” — Unknown
17. “Go the extra mile because doing your best in this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” ― Oprah Winfrey
18. “You can start right where you stand and apply the habit of going the extra mile by rendering more service and better service than you are now being paid for.” — Napoleon Hill
19. “If you want to succeed at any job, make yourself invaluable. Go the extra mile; make them never be able to imagine what life without you there would be like.” — Ross Mathews
20. “The fruits of every laborer are bountiful, ripe, and sweet just as the laborer’s input. The laws of compensation do not allow one to have a bumper harvest against poor sowing and maintenance… If you want a good opportunity, you must be willing to put input that is beyond the opportunity demands going the extra mile. Don’t play yourself, you must go the extra mile.” ― Tare Munzara
Motivational Go The Extra Mile Quotes
This collection of motivational quotes inspires and encourages you to go the extra mile, to achieve excellence, and exceed expectations.
21. “The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does.” — Napoleon Hill
22. “John Cena has granted more wishes than anybody in history. He goes the extra mile.” — Mark Henry
23. “Don’t just manage; go extra mile and win your race. Never give up the fight. You will win.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
24. “A commitment to going the extra mile means never having to apologize for subpar performance.” — Unknown
25. “Why do I believe in going the extra mile? Because if I didn’t, the second best version of myself would show up in my place.” — Shawn Anderson
26. “Today, do just a little bit more. Turn going the extra mile into a habit – it is what lifts most successful people above the crowd.” — Bob Proctor
27. “You got to be able to work hard. And that’s what I do. I work hard because that’s what’s necessary. You have to go that extra mile.” — Tessa Blanchard
28. “Going the extra mile is the habit of champions…it’s the key behavior that separates the professionals from the amateurs, and the champs from the chumps.” — Unknown
29. “I’m an entertainer. If people are paying good money for tickets, they deserve the best show they can see. I don’t get into lighting stuff on fire, but I do believe in going the extra mile.” — Bryan White
30. “The distance between those who achieve their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following has everything to do with one’s ability to go the extra mile.” — Gary Ryan Blair
Go The Extra Mile Quotes with Wisdom
The following list of Go the Extra Mile quotes combines the wisdom of great thinkers with the motivation to go the extra mile to achieve success.
31. “Don’t be afraid to go that extra mile for someone special because that person will go the extra mile for you.” ― Ben Kalcher
32. “I do music that makes me happy by challenging myself to go the extra mile and not do what everyone else is doing.” — Jay IDK
33. “Going the extra mile is the calling card of greatness, and it represents the wisest choice among many alternatives.” — Unknown
34. “Some people won’t go the extra mile, and then on their birthday, when no one makes a fuss, they feel neglected and bitter.” — Anne Lamott
35. “If you have any plans on being competitive, then going the extra mile in the broadest sense of the term must become a priority.” — Unknown
36. “It’s no use going the extra mile if people don’t expect it. You will never get extra credit for it. Just invest it in something else.” ― Sartika Kurniali
37. “Going the extra mile is the willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty. You either get the importance of this, or you do not.” — Unknown
38. “If you expect your employee to go the extra mile for your customers, you must prove that you are willing to go the extra mile for them.” — Unknown
39. “Professionals willingly make the decision to over-deliver…while amateurs feel and act as if going the extra mile is beneath them.” — Unknown
40. “In your goals to go the extra mile, prepare to pay an extra cost. Excellence is to be exceptional, surpassing, more competent, and a step ahead with what is in your hands.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
Powerful Go The Extra Mile Quotes
These go the extra mile quotes offer powerful messages that everybody should understand.
41. “I think, as a performer, the biggest challenge is that you want to do a good job, pushing yourself. You want to go the extra mile every time.” — Elizabeth Henstridge
42. “The consummate gentleman on the planet today is George Clooney, who never fails to go the extra mile for people. Every person matters to George.” — Anna Kendric
43. “It’s not about talent once you get to the NFL because everyone’s got it. It’s about being willing to go that extra mile to be the best, and that’s something that I’ve always done.” — Robert Griffin III
44. “When God calls you to build 100 castles on earth, and you built 98, take the 99th as if it’s the beginning of your work and work hard to finish the race with all excellence. Go the extra mile!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
45. “We all know the dangers of sequels. Lightning doesn’t strike twice in the same place too often, and I think you’ve got to move beyond it, go the extra mile and have the courage not just to repeat the first one.” — Colin Firth
46. “Going the extra mile is about love; it’s a passionate obsession with excellence. It is the result of good intention, uncompromising standards, sincere effort, intelligent design, attention to detail, and skillful execution.” — Gary Ryan Blair
47. “When you’re doing something for yourself, your best friend, or your family, you’re not going to cheese out. If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, and challenge the status quo as much.” — Steve Jobs
48. “I know I wouldn’t be a New York Yankee if it weren’t for my mom: the guidance she gave me as a kid growing up, knowing the difference from right and wrong, how to treat people and how to go the extra mile and put in extra work, all that kind of stuff..” — Aaron Judge
49. “Going far beyond that call of duty, doing more than others expect, is what excellence is all about! And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your very best. In everything! In every way.” — Jack Johnson
50. “The seventh factor of the basic ingredients of genius, as determined from an extensive analysis of the lives of outstanding men of this nation, is *the habit of going the extra mile.* You will never be a genius unless you make it a habit to do more and better than you are paid to do, every single day of your life.” — Napoleon Hill
Which of these Go the Extra Mile Quotes is your Favorite?
Our compilation of go the extra mile quotes are carefully collected to offer you the most relevant and authentic quotes.
It should be easy for you to find a quote that inspires you the most.
If you have already come across such a quote, please share it with us by commenting in the section below.
Apart from this, the quotes are interesting and motivational.
This makes them worth sharing via Instagram.
For suggestions and feedback, don’t hesitate to leave your message in the comments section.