National Tell a Joke Day occurs every August 16, and it’s a day that I think everyone should celebrate.
Life can be full of challenges.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
And it’s easy to get carried away watching the news headlines or scrolling through social media only to feel overwhelmed and stressed.
Sometimes it seems like the world is falling apart.
The statistics around the increasing number of people struggling with mental health challenges like anxiety and depression are concerning, to say the least.
And after the last several years, we’ve all felt the pressure of life in one way or another—or multiple ways, which is why we need to take the opportunity to laugh more.
Is laughter really the best medicine?
You’ve probably heard the saying, “Laughter is the best medicine.”
Research has found numerous benefits of laughter over the years, including:
- Improves immune system
- Relieves pain
- Activates the stress response
- Soothes tension
- Improves your mood
- Increases personal satisfaction
With all those benefits, why wouldn’t we focus on laughing more?
My grandmother-in-law has taught me this lesson and reminded me of it often.
She has faced more than her fair share of challenges in life.
She’s outlived two of her children, experienced a painful divorce, and watched as Alzheimer’s took both her mom and her second husband from her.
At the end of 2020, I sat with her in the hospital as she discovered she had a stroke that left her blind in one eye.
As we sat there all day, we laughed plenty as she shared with the doctors and nurses why it’s so important to laugh because sometimes it’s all you can do.
So, if you’re feeling the heaviness of life right now, read through the list of joke quotes below, choose your favorites, and share them with others to pass along the benefits of laughter.
Let me start with my all-time favorite joke:
What did the grape say when the elephant stepped on it?
Nothing. He just let out a little whine.
Now on with the rest.
Best Pun Joke Quotes
1. “Know any good rope jokes? I’m a frayed knot.”
2. “When does bread go bad? When you yeast expect it.”
3. “Making mirrors is a job I can really see myself doing.”
4. “I was going to tell you a pizza joke, but it’s too cheesy.”
5. “I read a book about helium once. I couldn’t put it down.”
6. “Two kittens had an argument. It was a cat-astrophe.”
7. “I wanted to buy camouflage pants, but I couldn’t find any.”
8.“I’m afraid of speed bumps, but I’m slowly getting over it.”
9. “I went out for an expensive Italian meal. It cost a pretty penne.”
10. “A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, ‘Hey.’ The horse says, ‘You read my mind.’”
Best Jokes Quotes for Kids
11. “What has hands but can’t clap? A clock!”
12. “Why did the picture go to jail? It was framed!”
13. “What do you call a sleeping bull? A bulldozer!”
14. “What animal needs to wear a wig? A bad eagle.”
15. “What side of a turkey has the most feathers? The outside!”
16. “What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese!”
17. “Where do you find a dog with no legs? Right where you left him!”
18. “Why can’t you give Elsa a balloon? Because she will let it go!”
19. “Why do sharks swim in saltwater? Because pepper water makes them sneeze!”
20. “Can a kangaroo jump higher than the Empire State Building? Of course! The Empire State Building can’t jump!”
Best Corney Jokes
21.“How does the moon cut his hair? Eclipse it.”
22. “Why are pirates called pirates? They just ARRR!”
23. “What do you call an angry carrot? A steamed veggie.”
24. “What did one toilet say to the other? You look flushed.”
25. “What do you call a pig that practices karate? A pork chop.”
26. “If athletes get athlete’s foot, what do elves get? Mistle-toes.”
27. “What did the cucumber say to the pickle? You mean a great dill to me.”
28. “Why was Cinderella so bad at soccer? She kept running away from the ball.”
29. “Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field.”
30. “Why couldn’t the bad sailor learn the alphabet? Because he always got lost at ‘C.’”
Best Dad Joke Quotes
31. “I don’t trust those trees. They seem kind of shady.”
32. “I only know 25 letters of the alphabet. I don’t know y.”
33. “What do you call a fish wearing a bowtie? So-fish-ticated”
34. “Where do you learn to make a banana split? Sundae school.”
35. “What did the drummer name her twin daughters?” Anna 1, Anna 2”
36. “What did the janitor say when he jumped out of the closet? Supplies!”
37. “Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot.”
38. “If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims”
39. “What did the worker at the rubber band factory say when he was fired? Oh, snap.”
40. “A skeleton walks into a bar and says, ‘Hey, bartender. I’ll have one beer and a mop.’”
Funny Knock Knock Joke Quotes
41. Knock, knock
They sure do!
42. Knock, knock
Kenya open the door?
43. Knock, knock
44. Knock, knock
45. Knock, knock
Yoda lady who
I didn’t know you could yodel
46. Knock, knock
No, you’re a poo!
47. Knock, knock
I didn’t know you liked Japanese poetry
48. Knock, knock
My key is lost—can you let me in?
49. Knock, knock
A-door bell doesn’t work; that’s why I knocked
50. Knock, knock
Britney Spears, who?
Britney Spears. Oops! I did it again!
Make time to laugh more
I hope you enjoyed reading through this list of jokes, and I hope it encourages you to look for more on your own.
Take time to share the jokes above with your friends and family to help boost their mood and share all those benefits mentioned above.
And make sure you drop your favorite joke quote in the comments below to help add to our list and make others laugh.
You might also like yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery quotes!