Embrace the infinite possibilities of tomorrow with these Yesterday is History Tomorrow is a Mystery quotes!
“Yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery” is only part of a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, who said, “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift”.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The quote encourages us to let go of yesterday while embracing today because we don’t know what tomorrow will bring.
Before embracing today and looking forward to tomorrow, you must let go of the past.
Some ways you can let go of yesterday are:
- Focusing on the good in today instead of the good or bad from yesterday
- Accept that yesterday happened and move forward
- Don’t let the past define who you are today
Take a few minutes to read these quotes Yesterday is History Tomorrow is a Mystery to be inspired to live today and for the future instead of the past.
Best Quotes Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Check out some of the best Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery quotes.
4. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” — Dale Carnegie
1. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “Yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream.” — Khalil Gibran
3. “Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.” — Brian Dyson
5. “Sometimes we figure out our next move when we release what it won’t be.” — Mary Vraa
6. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Hermann Hesse
8. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
7. “Each day has its own destiny. Yesterday is history, today is an opportunity, while tomorrow is a mystery.” — T.B. Joshua
9. “If you want to fly, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.” — Amit Ray
10. “We all need to let go of the past. We need to collectively move forward and work together to make this world of ours a safer and more habitable place to live in.” — Margo Vader
Yesterday is History Tomorrow is a Mystery Quotes To Encourage Letting Go
These quotes will help you let go of the past.
11. “Right now is all you have. Yesterday is history.” — Robert Genn
12. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain. You need to learn how to let go.” — Roy T. Bennett
13. “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” — Jean de La Fontaine
14. “You’re not going to live in victory if you hold on to baggage from yesterday.” — Germany Kent
15. “Do you like neck pain? Then stop looking behind you into the past.” — Jaclyn Johnston
16. “Sometimes the only way to get closure is by accepting that you’ll never get it.” — John Mark Green
17. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
18. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” — Steve Maraboli
19. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” — Steve Maraboli
20. “When someone you love says goodbye, you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you.” — Shannon L. Alder
Living in the Present Quotes to Remember Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Enjoy these quotes that will help you live in the moment.
21. “Make the most of today. Time waits for no man.” — Alice Morse Earle
22. “Today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” — Bill Keane
23. “The next message you need is always right where you are.” — Ram Dass
24. “Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.” — Coreta Kent
25. “Treat every moment as a gift; that is why it is called the present.” — Deepak Chopra
26. “It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis.” — Margaret Bonnano
27. “The meeting of two eternities, the past and the future, is precisely the present moment.” — Henry David Thoreau
28. “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment, you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
29. “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” — Oprah Winfrey
30. “There is one thing we can do, and the happiest people are those who can do it to the limit of their ability. We can be completely present. We can be all here.” — Mark Van Doren
Quotes Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery Motivating You to Go After Your Dreams
Check out these quotes that will encourage you to go after your dreams!
32. “Don’t watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going.” — Sam Levenson
34. “The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.” — Tom Bradley
31. “What we do today makes a difference—the precious present moment.” — Nick Saban
33. “Not only am I able to let go, I’m happy to let go. I’m focused on the future.” — Sophie Kinsella
36. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
35. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
37. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” — Roy T. Bennett
38. “Don’t be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so.” — Belva Davis
39. “Tomorrow isn’t a mystery. Go after your goals with every breathe you take, and the future is far from being a mystery.” — Steve Kaufman
More Quotes Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Here are some more Yesterday is History Tomorrow is a Mystery.
41. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” — Peter Drucker
42. “The past is a guidepost, not a hitching post.” — L. Thomas Holdcroft
43. “Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.” — John Wayne
44. “The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.” — Leonard I. Sweet
45. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
46. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us be.” — Mother Teresa
47. “Eternity is not something that begins after you are dead. It is going on all the time” — Charlotte Perkins Gilman
48. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the ‘now’ the primary focus of your life.” — Eckhart Tolle
49. “The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.” — C.S. Lewis
50. “In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.” — Leonardo da Vinci
Should I Be Worried About Tomorrow Being a Mystery?
Although you don’t know what tomorrow will bring, you can’t control the future and shouldn’t worry about it.
Instead, embrace the present moment and look forward to tomorrow.
Know that you are capable and will make the best of tomorrow and that good things will come.
You might also like these When One Door Closes Another Door Opens quotes.
Please share these Quotes Yesterday is History Tomorrow is a Mystery with your family and friends, and share your favorites in the comment section below.