If you are interested in finding the best judge quotes that are worth sharing, you have landed on the right page.
Here, we have curated a list of the top judge quotes expressing the importance of the rule of law and social justice.
In addition to our quotes section, we’ve also discussed the term judge and the responsibilities of a judge.
So, let’s dive in without any further ado!
You might also like these related articles:
Who is a Judge?
A judge holds a prestigious position in any judicial system.
Judges are the officially authorized individuals who pass decisions on matters or disputes brought to the court of justice.
The designation of a judge demands immense responsibility.
They are the guardians of justice who are authorized to interpret and impartially apply the law.
It is the responsibility of a judge to ensure just and fair outcomes of a legal dispute or prosecution.
Neutrality and Impartiality
Impartiality and neutrality are two of the most prominent cornerstones of a judicial system.
This suggests that judges must be unbiased and neutral when making decisions.
Irrespective of their affiliations and personal beliefs, a judge needs to act in accordance with the provisions of the law.
Hence, a judge must not take external influence no matter what the circumstances are.
Provision of True Justice
The key responsibility of a judge is to carry out a judicial proceeding.
After careful monitoring and analysis of a case, a judge renders the verdict.
Judges pass decisions about both criminal and civil cases.
The objective of this exercise is to protect the rights of the parties involved.
Interpretation of the Law
Being legal experts, judges also perform the task of interpreting the law.
By doing so, they can apply the law to a particular case.
For this purpose, judges analyze the following:
- Legal principles
With the true interpretation of specific laws, it is possible to implement the law and provide justice.
Protecting the Due Process
One of the true and most fundamental aspects of a judicial system is adherence to due process.
In order to protect due process, judges must ensure a fair trial for the parties seeking justice.
If all the parties are offered an opportunity to plead their case, it is an indication that due process has been followed.
Top 10 Judge Quotes
Here is a compilation of the top 10 judge quotes to get you pumped up for your next case.
1. “It’s difficult to judge yourself.” — Anushka Sharma
2. “It’s hard to judge literary merit.” — Henry Rollins
3. “We do not judge the people we love.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
4. “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. “Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.” — Voltaire
6. “Try really, really hard not to judge your own work too harshly.” — Rebecca Stead
7. “Let you look sometimes for the goodness in me, and judge me not.” — Arthur Miller
8. “I’m going to let God be the judge of who goes to heaven and hell.” — Joel Osteen
9. “When you judge another, you do not define them; you define yourself.” — Wayne Dyer
10. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” — Sally Field
Catchy Judge Quotes
You will surely get captivated as we explore the fascinating world of the judiciary through the lens of catchy and memorable quotes presented here.
11. “If you judge, investigate.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
12. “I do not judge, I only chronicle.” — John Singer Sargent
13. “Let the Lord judge the criminals.” — Tupac Shakur
14. “Time is the fairest and toughest judge.” — Edgar Quinet
15. “We do not judge great art. It judges us.” — Caroline Gordon
16. “History will judge me… I shall remain silent.” — Mobutu Sese Seko
17. “I always judge a man by his shoes and his watch.” — Tamer Hassan
18. “Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy.” — Groucho Marx
19. “A conscience without God is like a court without a judge.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
20. “You shall judge a man by his foes as well as by his friends.” — Joseph Conrad
Judge Quotes About Passing Judgment
These quotes remind us of the importance of reserving judgment and inspire us to refrain from passing hasty judgments.
21. “Never judge a stranger by his clothes.” — Zachary Taylor
22. “Never judge a work of art by its defects.” — Washington Allston
23. “Never judge a person if you don’t know him.” — Zlatan Ibrahimovic
24. “My whole outlook on life is, never judge a book by its cover.” — Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
25. “One of the great things that you should never do that I learned from John Malkovich is never to judge your characters.” — Jeremy Piven
26. “One of my good friends is Christian, goes to church every Sunday and is very religious. I’m fine with that, and I will never judge her.” — Amber Tamblyn
27. “Thomas Jefferson once said, ‘We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.’ And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.” — Ronald Reagan
28. “Never judge someone by who he’s in love with; judge him by his friends. People fall in love with the most appalling people. Take a cool, appraising glance at his pals.” — Cynthia Heimel
29. “You will not dishonor the divine perfections by judgments unworthy of them, provided you never judge of Him by yourself, provided you do not ascribe to the Creator the imperfections and limitations of created beings.” — Nicolas Malebranche
30. “The greatest lesson I learned that year in Mrs. Henry’s class was the lesson Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., tried to teach us all: Never judge people by the color of their skin. God makes each of us unique in ways that go much deeper.” — Ruby Bridges
Judge Quotes on Judging Others
These insightful quotes shed light on our natural tendency to judge others and encourage us to consider the influence of our own judgments.
31. “I don’t judge people on their personal lives.” — Bebe Rexha
32. “I suppose we’re not supposed to judge people.” — Rush Limbaugh
33. “I judge people based on their capability, honesty, and merit.” — Donald Trump
34. “I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge.” — Gerald Jampolsky
35. “We shouldn’t judge people through the prism of our own stereotypes.” — Queen Rania of Jordan
36. “Who are we to judge somebody for who he’s allowed to fall in love with?” — Nina Hagen
37. “I never talk about my opponent because I don’t think it’s my right to judge.” — Dan Webster
38. “It’s really never fair to judge people because none of us know what’s going on inside anyone else’s head.” — Tom Ford
39. “Let’s not judge. Let’s draw inspiration from each other’s stories – successes and failures – and realize we’re all connected.” — Cory Booker
40. “Be kind, don’t judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world will be a better place. The point is to teach this to the next generation.” — Jasmine Guinness
Judge Quotes from & about Judges
Delve into the realm of the judiciary and the minds of judges with our collection of judge quotes, both from and about these esteemed professionals.
41. “The first commercial judge in Medina was a woman!” — Mohammad bin Salman
42. “A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers.” — H. L. Mencken
43. “A good and faithful judge ever prefers the honorable to the expedient.” — Horace
44. “I love being a judge, and I anticipate being a judge for the rest of my life.” — Charles T. Canady
45. “I have been a judge for 15 years, and I’ve made up my own mind during all that time.” — Samuel Alito
46. “A judge may never subvert the law or twist it in any way to match the judge’s convictions.” — Amy Coney Barrett
47. “Long before I was Judge Judy when I was an unknown worker bee, I usually got what I wanted.” — Judy Sheindlin
48. “Nobody outside of a baby carriage or a judge’s chamber believes in an unprejudiced point of view.” — Lillian Hellman
49. “I was a chief justice. And before that, I was a district court judge, handled major felonies, including capital murder cases; and I handled major civil litigation.” — Louie Gohmert
50. “I think judicial temperament is a willingness to step back from your own committed views of the correct jurisprudential approach and evaluate those views in terms of your role as a judge. It’s the difference between being a judge and being a law professor.” — John Roberts
Which of these Judge Quotes is your Favorite?
The role of a judge in a judicial system is critical.
A judge is a fundamental character who is responsible for the propagation of justice in a society.
Judges are committed to the rule of law, and they ensure this by conducting fair and impartial trials.
Due to their role in our society, judges hold a paramount position.
This is why people love to share judge quotes.
To help you find the perfect quote that inspires you the most, we have created the above list.
If you have already found one, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.